March 25 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    d71la3370mzz.jpg
    It's too true! Yesterday, during my workout I tore some of the muscle tissue within my left calf. I guess that's why they call it 'tissue".
    I have become therapy and I am restricted to light stretching and slow walking.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    By the way, if you are still having fun with the Ultimate Accountability Challenge, please sign up for April.
    Here is the linkhttp://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119787-ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2017
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hahaha that image is an accurate depiction of my morning. Yesterday, I performed 3 sets of 20 reps of 280 lbs on the seated leg press. That was in addition to several other leg workouts, and I am definitely feeling it.

For those of you that don't know, I work on the Orthopedic floor on at my local hospital. I see several knee and hip surgeries every day. It is very important to care of your health in general, but if you want to take it up a notch, leg workouts (quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves) relieve a lot of stress from your joints and slow the loss of bone density. Get those squats in people! ;)

@RangerRickL I'm sorry to hear about your injury! I hope that you heal soon!
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, 40 minutes on the elliptical
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

@RangerRickL I'm sorry to hear about your leg. I hope that you feel better soon!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@RangerRickL Hope you heal quickly, Rick!!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @fightingthetideofaging: @tinacuso; @pears734; Thanks. I have gone to 3 days of electro-stimulation and laser treatments. I can walk fluidly, but it will be a week before I can even attempt any jumping or upward thrust using the lower leg. It is healing and I will stop doing the exercise that caused the injury. It's not an exercise that I have ever seen anyone else ever do. Because I want to stay strong enough to be able to lift myself into a saddle on the back of a horse, for the last 6 years, on Monday and Friday, I stand in front of a sturdy wooden chair and do steps from the floor onto the seat of the chair. I move into a standing position on the chair and then dismount. I do that for 60 reps.
    Thursday, my left calf muscle slightly separated on the dismount after the sixth step.
    I"ll replace that exercise with more squats and jump rope reps.
    @pears734 is right. If there was only one muscle group you were going to keep strong, it should be your quads. They hold you up and allow you to regain your balance as you start to fall.
    I need my calves to work well too.
    It's more jump rope for me.
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Today's report:
    Calories: ok
    Tracking: good
    Exercise: enough
  • chermac2015
    chermac2015 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    March 24th: I'm going to take it as my 2nd pass day...I did track and exercise, but am unsure of the calorie count... I ate out for dinner and had to guesstimate the calories.. I input higher than I thought, but can't be sure.. it shows I was with in my calories, but again I can't be positive!

March 25
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Track yes
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Rick, ice and more ice (and ibuprofen). I just tore my quads on Weds, and I actually felt it happening as I did a reverse lunge onto an aerobics step. Mind you the step was only 3 inches tall, but my quads were sooo tight, that was enough. Of course I did all of the reps, hoping for the best. My worst pain was 1 1/2 days later. Gentle stretches too.

Exercise: 6 hours in the kitchen today...does that count? Made limoncello, processed 2 other batches (filtered and bottled), lemon marmalade, chicken veggie soup, cleaning up twice. You did say moving, and I'm sure at least 1/2 hour of that was moving my feet. Too bad I was inside all day, because it was beautiful outside.
    Calories: with limits, even with all of the homemade pizza I ate (I was weak)
    Tracking: sure did, even the marmalade tasting- a little too sweet, but at least it jelled
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Total fail today
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    exercise yes stationary bike and walk, also hours in the kitchen getting ready for Easter craft sale. Chewed gum the whole time to ensure no tasting..lol
    calories, yes under
    tracking absolutely.......lol
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Oh no @RangerRickL! Sorry to hear of your injury. Hope it heals soon.