Charge 2 - How do I tell it I'm starting a workout?

lucy_ac
lucy_ac Posts: 13 Member
Hi,

I purchased a Charge 2 on Monday but I'm having trouble getting it to recognise my workouts. On the tracker itself there is an option to begin a run, but how do I let it know that I'm starting a workout other than a run or walk? I've looked on all of the Fitbit help articles but none of them seem to have the answer.

Any ideas?

Replies

• daddybuzzkill
    daddybuzzkill Posts: 138 Member
    All I've had to do is just start the workout. I remember reading somewhere that for workouts you should wear the tracker snuggly about two inches above the wrist, so maybe that will work.
  • jcool5
    jcool5 Posts: 1 Member
    Not sure how the charge hr2 is but the first gen hold down the button until it vibrates and then it nows your starting something.
  • loisbr
    loisbr Posts: 5 Member
    On you wrist band click the button to show run and then hold the button in. Start your run. When you finish again just hold the button in and it will show your time etc
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    There is a way to initiate start/stop thru the device or app, but I just do my thing and Fitbit picks up on it. Note: if you're doing weights or something with constant start/stop you will probably not get a recognized workout unless you do it manually.

But its pretty good so far. Even to the extent that last week when I ran for 35 minutes and then walked for 15, my log showed a run and walk workout and the times were right within 30 seconds.
  • daddybuzzkill
    daddybuzzkill Posts: 138 Member
    I just discovered last night that when you are on the screen that says Run if you tap the screen it will cycle through the different workout options you set up in the app.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I just discovered last night that when you are on the screen that says Run if you tap the screen it will cycle through the different workout options you set up in the app.

This.

You can set up your Fitbit from the app as well to add different kinds of workouts (not sure how it works on every platform, for mine you have to select your Fitbit and it shows in 'exercise shortcuts'). Then press the button on your fitbit until an option workout shows up (it's weights for mine first). Then tap the fitbit screen to cycle through the workout options, once you find the one you want, hold the button, and it will start. You can pause it by pressing the button once, or finish it by holding it again.
  • RickN9GSU
    RickN9GSU Posts: 47 Member

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! (Can you tell I'm appreciative?)