March 27 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Since several of you expressed interest in rope jumping, you have got to take a few minutes to see this man's amazing rope jumping video. At youtube, he has many videos. This one shows him doing 50 different styles of footwork for rope jumping. It's wonderfully entertaining https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSYkJIOnT78
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Lol Rick remember I could barely do a jumping jack. I have to stick to the basics. Lol.

So I am at the branch for 2 weeks. At the main office our dress code is strict. Dress pants, skirt, or dress professional attire. The branch is laid back like chinos and t-shirts. Well they get me the way I am so it will be dress code.

I got a lot done yesterday dropped off stuff at my daughter's. Took mom out , picked up the kitchen and straightened up the basement. Then I gave up on the natural approach on my migraine and started taking everything in the drawer . Every time I was due to take something I tried something else. It made a dent in it lol. Have a great day!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    By the way last night I went to the store and bought a 12 pack of diet coke. I figured if things got rough I could just go to the car and get the soda . ;) I usually only buy one can or bottle at a time I guess I am planning for the worst. Lol
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It's been a hectic few days where I haven't managed to log all my food. Exercise has been good though according to fitbit. And I've caught up with you all as our clocks changed yesterday in the UK and it was Mother's Day. My daughter wakes up at 6am every day give or take ten minutes. Yesterday she woke up at exactly 6am new time. Aaagh! I was looking forward to getting up at 7.

Enjoy the main office Sue.

Rick, skipping (we call it a skipping rope here) is hard! Every summer we get a skipping person into my school who teaches the kids tricks. They get inspired and then keep it up at playtime (recess?) For the rest of the year. I bought a rope from him last year but have to confess it went in a drawer and never came out. I'll look for it.

Exercise:yes
    Tracking:no
    Calories: can't be sure, felt OK.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    The branch seems to be under scrutiny. So maybe my 2 weeks won't be so bad . Though I did have a diet coke it seemed to calm me down.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Shopping/housework
    Tracking? Yes
    Within calories? Yes
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • chermac2015
    chermac2015 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    March 26th
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Track yes

March 27th
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Track yes
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Loved the jump rope video- watched the whole thing! Love the cross-overs, another forte of mine. Those heel jumps would be impossible for me, but the rest looked kinda fun. The heavy rope must be for crazies, as any rope would feel heavy after a few minutes. I had a long hard workout today, so I didn't feel guilty at all watching the demo.

Exercise: 1 hour step with weights. Used a barbell for the first time- so macho!
    Calories: within limits
    Tracking: yes, which again kept me from overeating.

Didn't lose any weight this past month, but lost 1/2 inch on waist and hips- a win!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Hi Friends,
    My wife, Rose, will be 70 next month. Interestingly, she is 3 years older than me, but I think she looks 10 years younger than me. Our oldest daughter, Diana, wanted to give her mother a wonderful birthday gift, so she paid for a trip to Cuba. They come home tomorrow, and I am definitely looking forward to hear what they learned and experienced. Both my daughter and my wife speak Spanish. Caribbean Spanish sounds much different than the Castillian Spanish that @am_change speaks or that those of us who speak Central American Spanish speak. Nonetheless, I am sure that had lots of fun communicating with their home stay host family.
    My report:
    Calories: great day and under by over 500 calories. That is very unusual for me
    Tracking: ok
    Exercise: doing ok with a slow stroll on the treadmill. The doctor has me on every other day therapy this week.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I wasn't very good this weekend! Sorry, for my absence. I am excited to have a fresh chance to get into that winners' circle next month.

Exercise? 46 minutes of strength training, a 30 minute run, and 30 minutes of walking to and from work
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Whew. Got it done today. Legs tired after so much walking at work today. Stayed within calories even with the glass of wine after work and tracked everything
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,259 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That video was amazing. I would have tripped and fell....

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No, didn't sleep well so I was too tired to go to the gym
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Happy Birthday to Rose. I hope she had a great time. I have friends that just visited Cuba and had a great time
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    exercise yes, 40 minutes exercise bike and aquamotion
    calories yes
    tracking yes

very busy right now getting ready for an open house craft sale