Hello

Options
My name is Shannon. I put on 75 pounds in about three years. I've never been anywhere close to this size. It's been eye-opening. And it looks like my predilection for flavoured coffee creamer will force me to exercise several hours a day. I feel a choice approaching.

I thought the motivation to change would hit when I realized that day in the shower that I suddenly couldn't wash my back without a brush. Nope. Just had a mild anxiety and shame attack, and a couple of weeks later broke down a bought a brush. I then put on another 25 or 30 pounds. I'm done now.

Happy to have friends, but only those who are serious about and committed to true life changes for the better.

Replies

• Mayor_of_Fatsville
    Mayor_of_Fatsville Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sure you'll find plenty of folks here that are fully committed to lifelong change and improvement. Feel free to add, if you'd like
  • smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • linzbecky123
    linzbecky123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just sent you a friend request. I also love flavored coffee creamers way too much!
  • hcorehenry
    hcorehenry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I can definitely relate to your struggle, been there myself and working hard to get back on track. Make sure to stay positive and set manageable goals. Congratulate yourself for every good decision, no matter how small.

I recently switched from two creamers in every coffee to using sweetened almond milk (60 cals per 8 oz) and just add stevia if needed. You can try getting different roasts of coffee too, like a vanilla flavored ground, and that'll save you on adding syrups or flavored creamers too. Finally stay away from Lattes (way too many cals) and flavor shots etc, and drop down from a 16 oz cup to a 10 oz cup.

Finally, and this is key, tell as many people as you can that you are starting a weight loss program. Not only will you find that they can be supportive, but it also gives you motivation to prove to others that you are making changes, not just yourself.

Feel free to add me, I'd be happy to help encourage you!

-Henry