Introductions

Options
brittaniarina
brittaniarina Posts: 33 Member
Hi! I just found this group through the introductions board in the community so I hope it is okay if I post something in here to get it started. My name is Brittany and I was raised as a follower of Christ. I was saved on November 17, 2015 and Baptized August 7, 2016. My Bible verse is Hebrews 13:5.

In my spare time I love reading. I cannot get enough of books. I attend college and I am an aspiring writer. I would love to write young adult fiction novels someday. Some of my favorite Christian literature besides the Bible are Joyce Meyer's Battlefield of the Mind, Kyle Idleman's Not a Fan, and Joel Osteen's Become a Better You. My current devotional is Heaven Calling. Do any of you like to read? I would love to hear about your favorite literature.

Replies

• ACSelkie
    ACSelkie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Christian a cradle and practicing Catholic ... I am a work in progress in body and soul and welcome friends of any denomination ...To help and be helped on this journey.. I am just finishing up reading and working on Mathew Kelly's Resisting Happiness.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi Britt, I was not raised in a Christian household but came to know Jesus exists on Sept 12, 2005. My favorite fiction author is Francine Rivers, The Atonement Child, The Sin Eater and A Lineage of Grace. Also nonfiction, Corey Ten Boom...excellent. I'm into reading Christian biographies right now. Kenneth Bae, The Insanity of God (anonymous author), Kidnapped by the Taliban....etc.
  • rambo1687
    rambo1687 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey every one, I'm Ryan I was raised Catholic but became born-again when I was nine. I didn't fully understand what it was to be a Christian until I was 19 when I devoted myself but then fell behind…… Recently I have read devoted my life to Christ I'm currently going through a divorce I'm heartbroken… I had to relocate basically change my whole life around but it's not a sob story if anything it's a Victory story I'm just trying to better my life on my path in Christ that on my mind my body my soul through these hardships
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Patti. I was raised catholic, went to catholic high school and got saved when I was 20yrs old. Struggled all through high school with why couldn't I go straight to God for forgiveness? Praise God that one day someone showed me out of the Bible that not only could I go straight to God for forgiveness but He was ready and waiting for me to do so. The lord completely changed my life that day. I'm still a work in progress 27yrs later but I thank God for his mercy and grace.

Losing weight in an attempt to take care of the temple God has given me. And desperately needing his help along the way.
  • Fit4sure
    Fit4sure Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I’m a God follower...been so since I was 14 although I was DEFINITELY a baby Believer who had a ton to learn and made plenty of mistakes along the way...and unfortunately I’m still making them but I DO pray that God will create in me a clean heart and grow me.

One of the things I’ve learned that He has helped me with is this whole weight thingie...as it was...honestly...gluttony on my part OR me feeding to fill a hole that should be filled with Him.

He used Weight Watchers...and many spiritual lessons along the way to help me lose over 100 lbs. I’m currently struggling with 20 lbs. as I took a job as a weight loss counselor and my schedule got SO stinkin’ busy that I had no time for my usual activity so am trying to figure all of this out as I go.

Taking care of this temple...is important to me and it’s a struggle but I know that I want to be strong and capable to do whatever He sets before me.

Shoot me a friend request if you like. I keep my food diary private as I’m bent that way but may change that. I’m using MFP because I dig the feedback on the 5 week forward expectations when I end my tracking day and it’s easy and I get bored over time (been tracking for 14 years...thereabout and I like to switch how I track occasionally to wake me up. Ha!

Glad to have a Believing group to be part of.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Eva & saw this group in the introductions area on the main page. I can always use support & give it the best I can. We are in this together. A little about me, married, have 4 grown children, have 6 dogs, got laid off of my job of 15yrs a few yrs ago but working part time-6hrs a week as a care giver. The best part about my job is on Sundays I take "my lady" to church & Wednesdays I take her to a small group for ppl with disabilities at church. Joined mfp in June 2016 & down 48 lbs, 10 more to go. I lost 48 by last November & been trying to lose the 10 since then. Maybe my body just doesn't want to?