Let's be an active group! Participation highly encouraged :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    We were crewing for friends at a ride in Maine last summer and there was a man there who had a winch to lift him onto his horse. He is paralyzed below the waist and still rides!! Horses and riding are so motivating to this of us with the bug. Good luck on your journey.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    @Here4Ponies JEALOUS!!!

@SharonAnderegg Welcome! Such a great feeling to hear of the triumph over adversity! Inspirational.......
  • Shron123
    Options
    Rode on Sunday w hubby but Thor was a bit of a jerk ☹️. My hubby was getting a little testy as I didn't want to trot .... Thor really wanted to but walk requests were giving me the jig so kept correcting, giving him free rein and asking for a nice walk. I'd get it for a few strides then back to jigging. My hubby asked to try him and Thor started head tossing and some mild bucking. At least my hubby understood why I wldnt trot. Long story short they went off for a bit of a "discussion". Hubby said Thor improved after he loosened the girth. I didn't think it was that tight. Have y'all had a problem w a cranky horse due to a tight girth? Didn't ride yesterday cause I just didn't want to deal with it but tomorrow is supposed to be nice so will head out again. Suggestions?
  • Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Girth might have been pinching him, rather than being too tight. I had an Arabian who did not like a girth with elastic all the way through. My OTTB prefers fleece girths and will tell me he doesn't like anything else even if it's baaaarely touching him. Might also be saddle fit has changed over the winter or his withers are ouchy.
  • Shron123
    Options
    Idk. He was weird. I haven't ridden since but my trainer took him out yesterday and said he was great. So maybe the girth was pinching or he was just having attitude. Horses always talk to us but hard to hear him sometimes. Still cold today but warmer tomorrow so will try again. Our first ride is April 30th so wld like to get some more mikes on him before then