April 2017 Monthly WL Challenge

Options
mdgivens
mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
You can do it! :D

As always, credit for the verbiage below goes to Dan ;)

If you are new and want to join in, by all means do! We love to celebrate those losses with you! This is the standard format we try to use for these threads:

Name: (if you'd like to share)

My Numbers:
SW: Starting weight before you lost anything.
CW: Current weight at the beginning of the challenge.
GW: Goal weight for the month (what you would like to weigh at the end of the monthly challenge) Try to keep it realistic and SAFE!
LTGW: Life time goal weight ( What you would like to weigh at the end of your weight loss journey)

Weigh ins: What days you will weigh in, for example; Fridays
4/7/17= (Fill out after each weigh in.)
4/14/17=
4/21/17=
4/28/17=
4/30/17= (Final weigh in for the month.)

Total WL for the month=

Replies

• brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Name: Brooke

My Numbers:
    SW: 387.2
    CW: 178
    GW: 170
    LTGW: Between 150-160, IF possible. Next Doctor's appointment is 4/4 and we'll see what he says and where my body fat % is. I changed the goal number to something that is "overweight" versus "obese." I don't know if I've ever been plain ol' "overweight," even as a kid.

Weigh ins: Saturdays
    4/1/17 = 178
    4/8/17=
    4/15/17=
    4/22/17=
    4/29/17=

Total WL for the month=

Good luck everyone! Please cross your fingers for me for my appointment on Tuesday with the weight loss doc.

Thumbs up and extra encouragement for healthy babies to the Mamas to be!!!
  • mdgivens
    Options
    Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed. I hope they don't cancel each other out...
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Name: Pidge

My Numbers:
    SW: 318
    CW: 285
    GW: 277
    LTGW: No idea

Weigh ins: Thursdays
    6/4/17 =
    13/4/17=
    20/4/17=
    27/4/17=

I'm saddened and embarrassed by my horrible weight gain up 15lbs from a few months ago :'( I would like to try my best to turn things around this month.

Good luck at the doctor's today Brooke! You've done so well :D
  • mdgivens
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Pidge - You can turn it around! Your time is now!
    Brooke - I hope all went well at the doctor's.
    Baby Mamas-to-Be - Blessings on healthy, happy babies!

Thank you to all who read and post. This group is my weekly accountability checkpoint, and it has been invaluable to me in reflecting on my progress (or lack thereof) and keeping my goals front-and-center. Let's work!

Name: Mike

My Numbers:
    SW: 409
    CW: 311.4 (as of April 1st)
    GW: 303
    LTGW: 184

Weigh ins: Wednesdays
    4/5/17 = 308.8 (-2.6)
    4/12/17 =
    4/19/17 =
    4/26/17 =
    5/1/17 =

Total WL for the month = 2.6 lb

- Mile-per-day running streak is at 95 days, with 201 miles/323 km logged for the year.
    - As always, CICO on the weekends is a struggle, but 80/20, right?
    - I think I've found a running-complementary Tuesday/Thursday lifting schedule! 15 minutes (about 1.1-1.2 miles) on the treadmill, followed by overhead press/squat on Tuesday and bench press/deadlift on Thursday worked really well this past week.
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Mike :smiley: You're getting really close to getting under 300lbs! Fantastic work! And fantastic job on all your exercise, very inspiring ^_^
  • mdgivens
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thank you Pidge! My next intermediate goal is 294, which drops my BMI out of the Obese III category. Hopefully by June...

My hope when I started the run-a-mile-per-day promise to myself was that it would develop into a healthy habit. It seems to be working, as when I run in the morning, I generally feel better throughout the day. Conversely, when I don't run in the morning, I get antsy and am just not as with it mentally. It's like a personal therapy session to start the day, and it has also helped me to develop other healthy habits.

I've tried this so many times before, and something always seems to happen to derail my efforts, so half the time I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. However, I've also learned something from each of my previous failures, so I've been able to train a little bit smarter every time I get back up. All I can do is be as smart as I can be about this, and let the chips fall where they may.
  • brookielaw
    Options
    Pidge- Setbacks do happen. I got to my previous lowest (212.5) for my first triathlon in May 2014. By the time I went to the doctor for my first pregnancy check in December 2014 I was 254. (+ 42 lbs!)...Wedding in Feb 2015 272 (+60 lbs!!!) and by the time my daughter was born I had gained back even more and was over 100 lbs over my lowest! Stopping at 15 lbs would have made my life a whoooooooooole lot easier. :) You have the chance to fix it now and you're working towards your goals. You can do it!!! There's nothing to be embarassed about, it is a lifelong struggle for many of us.

Great job on the exercise Mike! It is absolutely awesome that you can run like that...I'm betting you will have logged more running miles than I will have logged on a bike! You'll be dropping out of category III in no time! I totally understand about something happening and the waiting for the other shoe to drop...been there, doing that.

Doctor's appointment went really well. I'll see him again in July. He hasn't set a timeline for my goals or anything but does say they are totally reasonable "given my level of activity." Body fat % was down another 5.6% and puts me less than 2% from the top of their "desired range." 6.5 lbs to "overweight."
  • mdgivens
    Options
    Thank you Brooke! I'm happy to hear that your appointment went so well.
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Name: Malia :blush:

My Numbers:
    SW: 250
    CW: 238.5
    Pregnancy GW: stay under 250
    LTGW: 140-150

Weigh ins: Fridays
    4/7/17=235 (26 weeks) -3.5lbs been sick for over a week, starting to feel better again!
    4/14/17= (27 weeks)
    4/21/17= (28 weeks)
    4/28/17= (29 weeks)
    4/30/17=final weigh in for the month (29.5weeks)

Total WL/G for the month= -3.5lbs
    Sorry I went MIA for a few months, found out I am pregnant so been kinda busy... Not trying to lose weight right now, just keep track of my weight gains and losses... :blush:

Welcome to all the new people!!! Stay focused, you got this!!! :naughty:
  • Gnawcraft
    Options

My Numbers:

6/4/17 = 284 (-1)
    13/4/17=
    20/4/17=
    27/4/17=

Total WL for the month = 1lb

Thanks for your kind words guys <3 Glad to hear you're feeling better Malia!
  • brookielaw
    Options

My Numbers:
    LTGW: Between 150-160.

4/1/17 = 178
    4/8/17= 174 (-4) What a weird week. But I'll take it!
    4/15/17=
    4/22/17=
    4/29/17=

Total WL for the month=(-4)
    Keep up the hard work everyone! Get well soon Malia, here's to a happy, healthy baby!
  • gin_rummy
    gin_rummy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great work guys! As some of you already know I've been on hiatus since the start of the month, not a decision taken lightly but for the sake of my mental health it's something I had to do for a short while.

I'm hoping to be able to get away from work today early enough to be able to spend time this evening planning meals for the rest of the week, restocking on produce, and doing some meal prep. If I can manage that, I will weigh in tomorrow morning and start back on the long road to weight loss. If not, I'll try again tomorrow evening - but I'm determined that by the end of this week I will be back on the journey (in the UK Easter is a 4 day weekend, so I will DEFINITELY have the time on Friday if I don't manage before!)

Pidge - the worst thing you can do is beat yourself up about your gain. You're still 34lb down from your heaviest, and you are now losing again - these are things to be celebrated! Every journey has it's ups and downs, bumps in the road, obstacles to overcome. The point is you are still here and not giving up, and THAT is how success happens! Well done!

Malia - sorry you've not been well, although silver linings and all that with the drop on the scale :lol: Take care of yourself and bump!

Mike - you passed the 100lb lost threshold!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! Such an awesome achievement and I hope you are proud of yourself. Amazing work with the exercise also, I'm trying to build up that kind of dedication although for me it's just walking for now, I'm a VERY long way off running or even cycling :lol:

Brooke - as ever, what can I say except that you are an inspiration to us all and proof that it CAN be done! Congrats on the great result at the doctor - maintenance level is on the horizon!

• gin_rummy
    gin_rummy Posts: 222 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Name: Jen

My Numbers:
    SW: 364
    CW: 339 (at 11/04)
    GW: 333
    LTGW: 252 (what I weighed when I turned 18 and have never seen since!)

Weigh ins: Sundays

16/04/17 =
    23/04/17 =
    30/04/17 =

Total WL for the month=

Well here it is, I'm back!

Weighed in today and I'm actually 1lb less than my last official MFP weigh in (26/03) - although 2lb more than the day before I started the break (31/03). Either way, after 10 days of eating (and drinking!) without logging or planning, I am very happy with that result.

I'm still fighting the same battles but having this pause has helped me and I feel better able to tackle them. I've refreshed my reserve of resilience (how poetic!)

There's just under 3 weeks left for the challenge, so I'm targeting a 6lb loss. Wish me luck - especially as I'm starting at Chocolate Holiday Easter!

• BrownieKitty12345
    BrownieKitty12345 Posts: 149 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Name: Jenny

My Numbers:
    SW: 276

Weigh ins: Tuesday
    4/4/17 =
    4/11/17=
    4/18/17=
    4/25/17

Total WL for the month=

Hey guys, I'm back! We finally got done moving and I found my scale last night. So excited to be back in the game!
  • mdgivens
    Options
    Malia - I'm glad you're feeling better. Before I knew you were sick, I saw your weight loss on my Friends feed and thought, "Is that good? That doesn't sound good." At least, I remember from when my wife was pregnant with our kids that a loss wasn't good.

Jen and Jenny - Welcome back!

Let's work!

Name: Mike

My Numbers:
    SW: 409
    CW: 311.4 (as of April 1st)
    GW: 303
    LTGW: 184

Weigh ins: Wednesdays
    4/5/17 = 308.8 (-2.6)
    4/12/17 = 307.2 (-1.6)
    4/19/17 =
    4/26/17 =
    5/1/17 =

Total WL for the month = 4.2 lb

- Mile-per-day running streak is at 102 days, with 221 miles/356 km logged for the year.
    - Good lifting on Tuesday and Thursday.
    - CICO was a struggle all week. I know you can't out-exercise your diet, but thank God that running and lifting are relatively convenient for me! With that said, I need to get more into meal planning/pre-packaging, at least for lunches to start. Goals...
  • 808malia
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am feeling much better now, and the weight is coming back up into my previous range :)
  • Gnawcraft
    Options

My Numbers:

6/4/17 = 284 (-1)
    13/4/17= 282 (-2)
    20/4/17=
    27/4/17=

Total WL for the month =3 lb
  • 808malia
    Options
    Name: Malia :blush:

My Numbers:
    SW: 250
    CW: 238.5
    Pregnancy GW: stay under 250
    LTGW: 140-150

Weigh ins: Fridays
    4/7/17=235 (26 weeks) -3.5lbs been sick for over a week, starting to feel better again!
    4/14/17=238 (27 weeks) +3
    4/21/17= (28 weeks)
    4/28/17= (29 weeks)
    4/30/17=final weigh in for the month (29.5weeks)

Total WL/G for the month= -.5lbs
    Sorry I went MIA for a few months, found out I am pregnant so been kinda busy... Not trying to lose weight right now, just keep track of my weight gains and losses... :blush:

Welcome to all the new people!!! Stay focused, you got this!!! :naughty:
  • BrownieKitty12345
    BrownieKitty12345 Posts: 149 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Name: Jenny

My Numbers:
    SW: 276

Weigh ins: Tuesday
    4/4/17 =
    4/11/17= 275
    4/18/17=
    4/25/17

Total WL for the month=
  • brookielaw
    Options

My Numbers:
    LTGW: Between 150-160.

4/1/17 = 178
    4/8/17= 174 (-4) What a weird week. But I'll take it!
    4/15/17= (really 4/16, I forgot to log in) 172.2 (-1.8)
    4/22/17=
    4/29/17=

Total WL for the month=(-5.8)
    Great job everyone! Mike, I love that running streak! So impressive, especially to someone who can only walk. Malia here's to a healthy little one! Pidge you're killing it, you found your focus and it shows! Jenny congratulations on getting set up and working again, it's always a challenge after a move (I honestly lost all focus after mine a few years back, it took a LONG time to find it) and Jen, be kind to yourself, deep breaths when things get rough. Your instinct on your break served you well. We've got this!