Introducing myself

Options
pricer15
pricer15 Posts: 34 Member
Hi. Diagnosed with CPPD (Calcium Pyrophosphate Deposition) disease (also called Pseudogout) for 10 years and also have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia symptoms. CPPD has destroyed my knee cartiledge so that I am bone on bone in both knees. I am scheduled for left knee replacement surgery 4/20. Doc says to get off the NSAIDs 7 days before surgery. I wanted to get an idea what I would be feeling off the RX so stopped taking NSAIDs for only 1.5 days (3 pills). TALK ABOUT PAIN! Everything hurt except my head. Normally, on the NSAIDs, knees still hurt, all the time.

Glad to be here in a group where others understand why I have to lay down after doing my weekly shopping, and won't tell me that losing weight will fix my knees or other pain. Restarting after a few years with the goal of losing weight to help the success of my upcoming knee surgeries (other one due in fall).

cheryl

Replies

• LibbyMassey
    LibbyMassey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best Cheryl! I understand about the pain. Can the docs give you something to take other than the nsaids.?
    Libby
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl, hi Libby. Nice to see some sharing in this group again!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm late, but hope your surgery went well! Welcome!