Week 1 Weigh in April 10th - 16th

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Week 1 weigh in!

Are you walking in the 100 mile challenge?
Are you drinking your water daily?
Are you eating healthy?

Replies

• bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes. Doing great so far!
    Yes. I always try to before I eat and then if i go into the kitchen at all.
    & mostly. Had junk food that past two days ;( but still lost so it's ok. It was just one thing both days and I Fit it in my calories for the day.
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am walking in the challenge and drinking my water, but I am really struggling with my healthy eating. I can't seem to stick to anything these days when it comes to eating. Anyone have a words of wisdom?
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    I am walking in the challenge and drinking my water, but I am really struggling with my healthy eating. I can't seem to stick to anything these days when it comes to eating. Anyone have a words of wisdom?

Sometimes I think we have a hard time eating healthy because our mind thinks eating like a rabbit or eating bland foods. Try roasting some veggies, have fresh fruit cut and ready in the fridge, look towards whole grains. There is so much yummy healthy food out there, go and experiment.

• LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    MFP Start: 264.4
    CSW: 240.6
    CGW: 220.4
    UGW: 170

4/11: 241.4

So far: +0.8
    To go: 20.8
    Total: +0.8

A lot of takeout with remodeling the house. Going to try to take things that are healthier. It's been a "from scratch" remodel and been hard to make it work. I can tell from my ankles I have water weight, so need to push more water.
    Getting ready to go get a walk in before work this morning!
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had an awesome first week - down 5 lbs. I was sooo vigilant in sticking to my plan to stay within my calories, exercise everyday and drinking my water. I was really good about not eating unhealthy treats between meals, which has been a big problem for me - I really only fell down a couple of times and certainly not to the degree I normally would have. I feel much better drinking lots of water and I need to remind myself of that. I walked or did Curves everyday, which really helps. We're really starting to get some nice weather now so that makes me happy to get out and walk. I do believe I need to give myself 1 day off per week.
    Here are my stats:
    MFP Start: 238 lbs
    UGW: 140 lbs
    CSW: 205.8 lbs
    CGW: 185.8 lbs
    4/11: 180.8 lbs
    Yet to go for this Challenge: 15 lbs

Happy Easter, everyone!! Don't let the bunny get the better of you - it's just a bunny! Have a wonderful week.
  • I_can_do_this2
    Options
    MFP Start: 264.4
    CSW: 240.6
    CGW: 220.4
    UGW: 170

4/11: 241.4

So far: +0.8
    To go: 20.8
    Total: +0.8

A lot of takeout with remodeling the house. Going to try to take things that are healthier. It's been a "from scratch" remodel and been hard to make it work. I can tell from my ankles I have water weight, so need to push more water.
    Getting ready to go get a walk in before work this morning!

I know exactly what you're dealing with - we've done work the past 2 years. Part of your water retention is probably due to the takeout - they use soooo much salt, preservatives etc in their food. Especially if you're not accustomed to eating out, it's a shock to your body. Not sure I have a solution if it's your kitchen under renovation. Basically, the more meals you can make yourself, the better off you'll be. Also, eating out (even at affordable places) probably gives you more healthy options than ordering in.
  • I_can_do_this2
    Options

Something that has helped me: I make a list of all my favourite healthy meals and post it on the refrigerator. Then, when I'm trying to decide what to have for dinner, I force myself to choose from the list. Over time, your list of "favourites" should grow so that when you're trying to resist temptation, there will be something on the list that will represent a reasonable compromise for you.

I also agree with kayjosh, you need to mix it up. In the past, I have fallen into the trap of having the same things everyday (because I have success with it) but I reach a point where I can't face those foods anymore. And that's often, when my success goes south.
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for you help. I'm on track this week, ready to walk and climb stairs daily, drink my water and eat healthy. It's a new week!!!
  • stacj27
    stacj27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    CSW - 152
    CGW - 140
    UGW - 120

4/11: 151 lbs

11 more lbs to go!
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    CSW- 205.2
    CGW- 199.2
    UGW- 165 ?

Week 1- 206.6 lbs

+1.4 lbs

Still needing to keep increasing water and start with being more active!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    MFP start 278
    CSW 215.4
    UGW 175
    Week 1- 214 (-1.4)
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    CSW: 166
    CGW: 146
    UGW: 140 (I think!

Week 1: 164.8 (-1.2)

Something that has helped me: I make a list of all my favourite healthy meals and post it on the refrigerator. Then, when I'm trying to decide what to have for dinner, I force myself to choose from the list. Over time, your list of "favourites" should grow so that when you're trying to resist temptation, there will be something on the list that will represent a reasonable compromise for you.

I also agree with kayjosh, you need to mix it up. In the past, I have fallen into the trap of having the same things everyday (because I have success with it) but I reach a point where I can't face those foods anymore. And that's often, when my success goes south.

I love this idea. I have been struggling to keep on track with the healthy eating in the last few months. The exercise and the water are for the most part pretty good but the food continues to be a struggle sometimes!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    CSW 215.2
    CW 214
    Down some, but it varies from day to day.
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    MFP SW: 285
    UGW: 150
    CSW: 187.75
    CGW: 160

Week 1 - 183.25
  • kethra
    kethra Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    MFPSW: 251.2 lbs
    UGW: 140 lbs
    CSW: 198.4 lbs
    CGW: 178.4 lbs
    W1: 196.4 lbs (-2 lbs)

Challenge Loss So Far: -2 lbs

Thoughts for Week 1: Ugh ugh and ugh. I'm in a bit of a slump and need to get my momentum back from the first 6 months of my journey. While I haven't gained, and I am still losing slowly, I have this weird feeling that I'm not doing something right. I keep saying "I'll start working out again tomorrow" and then tomorrow never comes. Maybe it's not a bad thing. Maybe instead of the excitement I had of changing my life... I'm just living that new lifestyle now so it doesn't have that "new and exciting" feel?

I did have a doctor visit last week for my 6 mo blood work and checkup (I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and am on BP meds as well). My doctor actually APPLAUDED as she entered the room after having seen my visit weight compared to my last visit 6 months ago. 50+ lbs down got her attention. I usually dread seeing her because all she does it berate me about my weight, which while I know was her job and actually a concern but it is kinda soul crushing and embarrassing ya know?

Anyway, she was very proud of me and told me to keep doing what I'm doing. I'm really hoping that at my next 6 mo visit I'll be at or close to my goal (another 55+ ish lbs down).