Break Through the Wall Challenge 1

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
This week lets do stairs along with our 100 mile challenge.
If you physically can do 1 flight on M-W-F and 2 flights T-Th-Sat. Sunday is a day of rest!
If a flight is too much, do what you can and on the alternate days double it. Push yourself but don't hurt yourself. We will check in on Wednesday on this thread to see how your doing! Who's in?

Replies

• megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Does it count when I have go up and down a flight of stairs to get to and from my 'apartment'? Lol.
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Stairs are 'business as usual' for me - I live in a 2-storey house and enter through the basement - I'm guessing I do 30 flights a day :) !
  • bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll have to go find some stairs...my house has a ramp into it and only one floor because my husband is handicapped. I'm sure I'll be able to find some somewhere! LOL
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I too, live on a single level home and will need to find stairs. How many stairs would you say constitutes a flight of stairs?
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    I'm in. I too, live on a single level home and will need to find stairs. How many stairs would you say constitutes a flight of stairs?

You just want to feel slightly winded. You want to get that heart beating and blood pumping. Also if you can't find stairs, you can do lunges
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't be a problem, I do lots of flights a day. I'll just try to step over 2 stairs at a time or go faster :)
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    I'm doing my "stairs" at the gym on the Stairmaster. 10 floors climbed today.
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    10 flights on the stairmaster for me today.
  • livingandlovinglife
    livingandlovinglife Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    10 flights on the stairmaster for me today.

Awesome!☺☺
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Monday 1 flight
    Tuesday 2 flights
    Wed. 1 flight
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    2 sets of 10 flights today.
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    While at Disneyland, my grandkids and I made a game of counting the stairs we climbed getting on the rides. My 2.5 yr old grandson practiced his counting and my 1st grade granddaughter then grouped the numbers into 12's and we then climbed 27 flights of stairs over 2 days. It was fun to get them involved and this challenge has been a lot of fun. Thanks everyone.
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to add, total for this week's challenge was 77 flights of stairs.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Missed the start of this challenge. I do stairs lots. My craft room is in the basement, so is the deep freeze, cold room, extra fridge, TV room, ....... how would I keep track!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    @Lilymay2 , I would just add one extra flight to your normal flights on monday, wed. And friday. Add 2 extra flights on alternate days.