Help! I've Gained 22 lbs. back

Options
relentless2121
relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
Hi Friends,
I haven't posted in the forum for many months. I've gained 22 lbs. back and feel like I need to be honest and accountable. It started off by going on a cruise in January where I gained 10 lbs. Then I gained another 12 since I got home as I lost my way and started indulging in too many carbs.
It's April 1 and I decided to update my weight gain for accountability.
I could sure use some moral support and tips to get back on track.
I'm curious to ask for those that want to share, how many calories can you consume daily till you start to gain wait again? I'd be very grateful to hear from anyone. I was sleeved on Nov. 12, 2014.

Replies

• ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Relentless can't answer your question as I haven't been tracking my calories for the last 6 months. However over the past month I gained 10 pounds back myself and today also updated my weight gain for accountability. I had been eating more chocolate and sweets but have stayed clear of pastas. My Dr said to stay away from the bad carbs, eat protein first and I will get these 10 pounds off and the additional 32 I need to lose to get to goal. I reset my food stats today and am hoping to see some improvement. Maybe we can support each other to get these extra pounds off.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved March 2015. Lost around 170lbs first year. Down around 20 more since December. Cut out as much sugar as possible and you will lose. I eat 2000-3000 calories a day but avoid most processed food. It's fairly simple in my opinion. But getting over the sugar and carb cravings can be hard.
  • jillybean65
    jillybean65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I did the very same thing, gained 20 lbs, but it has taken be a year to gain it. Menopause and bad choices. Tomorrow I am going back to the basics like I did when I first had surgery in 2012. Protein shakes etc. We will see. Good luck!!! You can do this!!
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just as an FYI if you are looking for support the lapband/VSG/Bypass group is pretty active. You could check out posts there.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I did the very same thing, gained 20 lbs, but it has taken be a year to gain it. Menopause and bad choices. Tomorrow I am going back to the basics like I did when I first had surgery in 2012. Protein shakes etc. We will see. Good luck!!! You can do this!!

This sounds exactly like what I am going through. Menopause is making me feel like my body is possessed. Ugh. Honestly, after 3 1/2 years out, when I hear people complaining after the first few weeks or months, I want to tell them to enjoy it, because I personally feel that the further out we get, the more challenging it is.
  • imboswell
    imboswell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Relentless I was sleeved a month before you. (I believe we have been fitness pal friends since then.) This year in February I also went on a cruise and have gained 11 lbs. (I am going on another one in May) I am feeling miserable and for the first time since I was sleeved my blood pressure was up and my hands started swelling. I am going back on track today. I started out my morning with a protein shake and I really wanted to do protein shakes all day to give myself a kick start but I was hungry at lunch so I got small Greek salad and some roasted chicken. I have to figure out what I can do to stop thinking about food. But I work a desk job and when I get bored I want to nibble. Someone told me to chop up celery in small pieces so it would feel like crunching on nuts. I feel like a failure because I never reached goal. I felt good so I let that be enough. But had I reached goal I would not be sweating these 11 lbs. So hang in there and I will be rooting for your success.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was sleeved a week after you. In the past 18 mos I have gained 24 lbs. I'm not to happy about it. I'm going to review some of my food lists from year one and try to get back to eating the way I did then. It will be harder this time since I have let myself get back to eating carbs, but I think I can do it. I think you can too.
  • caf1967
    caf1967 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm very inspired by all of you. I hit my 3 year mark and not happy at where I'm at. And the bottom line is that it's all about my choices. I can talk the good talk. I know everything I should be doing. Now it's time to walk the good walk again. I'll be checking in daily. If anyone wants to do a 5 day pouch reset, let me know. I have the book and many people find it helpful in seeing the scale move and regaining control. :p