Dance Dance Revolution

Options
Crateria_
Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
Heyy! Looking for my fellow DDR players in here :)
With the release of DDR A, it's been bringing my local DDR community back together, and it's also been helping whip me back into shape!
How about you?

Replies

• Jimda92
    Jimda92 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't play DDR anymore, but I used to play it a lot with my brother and cousin. My cousin lost somewhere around 70 lbs playing it.
  • Crateria_
    Options
    It's wonderful for losing weight and getting fit. Especially when you're competitive (like myself :smile: )
  • lazydanthaman
    lazydanthaman Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I also used to be heavy into DDR. I would say my peak was around Max2/Extreme and I started to lose interest after Supernova. I agree it is a really easy way to getting fit. I still have some of the Playstation 2 games somewhere around. I honestly didn't know Konami was still making them!
  • Crateria_
    Options
    I stopped after Extreme as well, definitely my peak then. But more recently they released Ace and locally we got one of their new machines at Dave & Busters. It's fantastic! It's bringing a lot of our old community back together. Super responsive pads, tons of customization options for reading the charts, and a huge song selection.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I use to love it back a long time ago but I sucked so bad. I love Just Dance though. It is a lot easier for me to follow. Haha. Just wish it had better songs.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am going to talk my husband into getting Dance Dance Revolution 2 for the Wii now. Hehe Maybe. He will probably be like, "Umm I just bought you this exercise bike, you got a work out video this week, we got more weights, you got shorts! WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED WOMAN!"
  • CommanderEmily
    CommanderEmily Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use to love it back a long time ago but I sucked so bad. I love Just Dance though. It is a lot easier for me to follow. Haha. Just wish it had better songs.

I LOVE Just Dance. I used to have a wii and played that a lot. There are some really great songs but yiu have to either buy them solo or in a pack usually. Its sometimes worth it cause once you get bored you just buy another song pack. It even had a sweat mode, I loved that they encouraged it as a fitness concept.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I picked up Just Dance 2016 (XboxOne) for my daughter, but we end up doing this as a family. Typically she takes the lead singer role and my son and I end up as her backup dancers.