The Lounge

xxsippinsodaxx
xxsippinsodaxx Posts: 27 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
Come in, chat, make friends, share experiences... room open for one week, new room opens each Tuesday.

Replies

• xxsippinsodaxx
    Wow! I actually lost a pound this week, which is amazing considering I've had a couple of days where the diet went completely out the window! Really need to focus this week, or the scales might just end up moving in the opposite direction!!
  • xxsippinsodaxx
    Beautiful day here today, the sunshine always makes me feel more positive. Will be doing some walking today, so will hopefully achieve my first small step this week. Taking my daughter to the orthodontist at the hospital, going to try and find parking away from there and walk down, so that will be good, fingers crossed! :)
  • xxsippinsodaxx
    Ugh!! I'm managing to be a bit more active, but my will power over food this week has upped and left! I've slipped terribly back into really bad old habits and the calories have rocketed; of course this is also not helped by it being "that time of the month". I'm not looking forward to weighing myself on Tuesday :-(
  • lnewsome
    lnewsome Posts: 19 Member
    @xxsippinsodaxx the time of the month always provides challenges as far as eating goes. Completely understandable. Just get back on it once that time is over. ;)
  • xxsippinsodaxx
    @Inewsome Hi there, thank you for joining my group :)

Yes, you're right. I was doing so well, then boom, everything out the window!! I usually weigh myself Tuesday's, but couldn't face it today... have promised myself to get back in the swing of it tomorrow.
  • xxsippinsodaxx
    edited April 2017
    Ooh yum yum! I know this will sound daft at my age, but I've never poached an egg before!! Don't get me wrong, I've eaten them and love them, but I tried once to do it myself and completely failed, so never tried again. Well, this morning I fancied eggs for breakfast, I saw we still had an avocado and remembered a recipe I'd seen somewhere for poached eggs on top of mashed avocado on toast... I think the recipe also included prosciutto too, but in the absence of that or smoked salmon I just decided to take the plunge and have another go with what I had to hand. Two slices of toast, spread with avocado mashed with salt and pepper, topped with two poached eggs (thank you Jamie Oliver!!) It really hit the spot, and I managed to cook poached eggs, double bonus!! B)
  • xxsippinsodaxx
    Hi there @rodnowis :)
    Thank you for joining my little group! Please join in, post as much or little as you like, share idea's of what we can focus on etc. I'm keen to engage with people and encourage each other to achieve our goals. Kind regards, Sam.