April 15 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I love all the stories today and the inspiration as well! So glad to be part of this group. This is our last day in Santa Cruz and we have been having such a fun and relaxing time. I'm doing well not making it about the food. More later.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Pass day #3...big family dinner

Happy Easter!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 60 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • foundlostpassion
    foundlostpassion Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Exercise and eat within calorie limit? Both NO
    Log everything... yes!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @IamIam2013 Welcome to Chicago! I hope your service goes very well.
    I traveled down to help my Mom and step-Dad again. I usually go over during every visit to my Mom's. Not today. It was 4 hours of driving to her house. 4 hours of time with them and then 4 hours back.
    Calories: just under the limit
    Walked for 20 minutes outside. Nice day
    Tracking: kept me safe. Without tracking, I would have cheated
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Whew. Just made it on all 3 today by avoiding the pie for dinner!! Huge salad a small piece of roast with veggies
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3.
    Getting a yes for calories meant saying no lots of times to my mother in law who is with us who hates to hear it. No to wine at lunch. No to wine in the evening, well she started at 5.30 if you call that evening. No to a starter with lunch. No to a dessert with lunch. No to cake, ice cream anything in the cafe she insisted we went to even though we'd been out for lunch. No no no no no. And I'm not touching the giant egg she got me. I politely said thank you to when I had previously said I wouldn't want one. Now I might sound ungrateful at this point. So I'll point out that my mother in law is always counting calories. She pushes others to eat although (apart from the wine) she also won't have eaten any of these things she pushes which makes it doubly infuriating as she should underatand but instead she sulks. She also comments on everyone's weight and appearance when she's telling me about them e.g. I saw so and so and wow she's piled on a few pounds. Wow. Rant over and I never meant it to be one but once I started I couldn't stop. I'm so pleased I said no. Thanks @2020pinktogo !
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    exercise yes, exercise bike, housework, cooking, cleaning
    calories yes
    tracking yes
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    @ am_change. Good job saying no!!
    Pribud. Great job today!
    Rick- well done. Tracking keeps us honest!
    Lamlam2013. Good job staying under. It is harder away from home

Well done everyone who is trying their best. We will get to our goals!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @am_change LOL I have noticed that there are certain pushers in the world. The aww come join us because you are the thinnest and they feel guilty eating in front of you. 2 Then there is those that always want to be the best so they do anything to knock you down. I will admit it's wasteful but I have tossed in law items. I may have even thought of them and tossed it. It always makes me feel powerful.I think my husband let it slip what I was doing candy and cookies come in his name only. No box for me. Lol :wink:
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #3

I've hit a bit of a rut lately. I'm still losing weight, but I haven't been staying very accountable. This happens every so often, and I come back out of it, but it's discouraging. The gym will not be open on Easter, so I plan to get back to it on Monday. I hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend!
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 35 min walk with hubby.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes