Day 1: 17 April

Options
TerriRichardson112
TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
Let's get the ball rolling. A new challenge deserves a new focus, especially after the indulgences of Easter Weekend. Just realised that this challenge finishes the day after my wedding anniversary.

:sunglasses: Spring refocus on goals :sunglasses:

:heart: Weight on 17/4/2017: 160 lbs
Goal weight: 152 lbs
Every day, to help me achieve my weight loss goal, I will:
:star: Prelog food/follow through. ✅ Have already logged what I am going to eat today.
:star: Do 20+ minutes each of strength/flexibility exercise.
:star: Do 10000+ steps.
:star: Drink a minimum of 8 cups liquid.
:star: Take part in Sole Mates/GoTs/100 More Days Challenges
:star: Refrain from eating after 8 pm 5/7 days each week.
:star: Refrain from eating after 9pm 2/7 days of my choice each week.

80464089.png

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Day 1
    Last day at the branch and I woke up with a headache. I'm sure it's just stress. I would normally be grabbing a diet coke but after the amount I consumed last week let's see if I can give it up.
    I also want to refrain from compulsive shopping. So this 100 days I want to get back in check
    1consuming beverages other than water.
    2 shopping for non essentials
    3 get back into an exercise routine
    I will add more when I make progress.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    DAY 1 :

Hello Everyone! I am excited to get this started! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We travelled to my in-laws this past week and just got home in the wee hours of this morning. I didn't have a scale while I was there so I cold not weigh in last week. I weighed myself this morning and I could have kicked myself a thousand times. I am up 5.5 lbs. from 2 weeks ago. Too much wine, cheese, bread, and all kinds of different charcuteries. Damn its hard living in France! On top of that I had several Easter eggs (I lost count) AND I have lots of swelling from travelling. Water retention is a killer. OUCH! Shall I mention that this week is my TOM. Anyways, what's done is done and I am ready to get myself back into gear. As everything is closed here for Easter Monday I can't do any shopping but it will be on my to do list tomorrow. My kids are still on vacation so I cant go to the gym just yet. I will do my very best (weather permitting) to get myself out for walks this week. At least 30 minutes a day! SOOOOO, My first goals are as follows (They will run Monday - Sunday)....

- COMPLETE 5 WALKS THIS WEEK (INDOOR OR OUTDOOR)
    - DRINK ATLEAST 3 LITERS OF WATER 7/7 DAYS
    - NO STARCHES FOR 5/7 DAYS
    - EAT VEGGIES AT EVERY MEAL 5/7 DAYS
    - LOG EVERYTHING IN MY DIARY 7/7 DAYS (THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY)
    - DO NOT EAT ANY CHOCOLATE EGGS 7/7 DAYS!!

@2020pinktogo - I hope your feel better quickly. I can understand how stress can affect our health so please take care and make sure you get lots of time for yourself. You have some great goals for yourself! Good Luck!

103775544.png
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 Happy belated anniversary.

@2020pinktogo Giving up pop and shopping are good goals. Good luck!

@mari_moulin That is a crazy weight gain, I bet half of it is water retention and ToM. That will make a great weight loss in 10 days time though.

My weekend was super busy, lots of fun, I did a little indulging, but I didn't go super crazy. Even managed to stay under calorie goals all weekend. My oldest is sick today, so I am staying home with her. Goals will be a little difficult.

Today's Goals:
    15000 Steps
    Under calories
    80 ounces of water
    do minimum of 250 steps every hour
    laundry
    book work
    Make it to the gym for at least 30 minutes
    Start on my divorce papers.

Everyone have a great spring start, best of luck on your 100 day journey.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

So this challenge is going to be interesting for me. I'm currently 12 days post-partum, so I'm not officially dieting or exercising. But I love this group and am going to check in for the support.

OMG what an adorable little girl! Congratulations!!
  • bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    @SingRunTing Your daughter is beautiful!

After a bad bad weekend (a lot of crackers and pizza!) my goal today is to just get back to normal. This means cooking my food myself and no ordering out, staying close to my calorie goal, and getting my house cleaned up (that'll have to be my exercise for today!). Tomorrow I hope to join the pool again. It was closed while it was being redone so I'm excited to see it. The gym there now offers personal training...I may have to think about it.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @SingRunTing : congrats on your beautiful baby! I am sure you will be successful in reaching your goals

Yesterday was not my best eating day. I consciously ate some things that my body doesn't like & don't have any regrets. My weight is up a little, but I know that it will disappear really quick.

Goals for the next 100 days:
    -finally get to wonderland
    -run 250km
    -keep my house & yard in order

In order to achieve these goals, my goals for this week will be:
    -run 20 km
    -hit calorie goal daily
    -no alcohol
    -hit protein & carb macros daily

Have a great Monday!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    @SingRunTing you look fantastic in all 3 pictures! Your little girl is adorable o:)
    @2020pinktogo I hope your headaches subside once you get back to your branch, stress certainly tells our bodies when something is wrong, we just need to listen to it. Glad you did and are taking the steps to correct it.

ok, the confession - I am up 2.1 from end of our challenge and 3.3 since Thursday...I can't even blame Easter. I just ate out for 3 solid days. It was winter again and we got a foot of snow on Fri & Sat. I was depressed, cranky and just hoovered everything in sight. However, the sun came out yesterday and the snow is melting and I cooked all our meals yesterday. So a good start to refocus my attentions.

Today's goals:
    eat to plan
    stay under calories
    prepare tomorrow's meals
    20 min cardio - done
    clean hay barn
    strength training
    get new barn cat
    read instead of watch TV/surf the net, to eliminate mindless snacking

Don't forget to log your weight today and the amount of weight you want to lose in the next 100 days.

Have a Marvellous Monday!
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

So this challenge is going to be interesting for me. I'm currently 12 days post-partum, so I'm not officially dieting or exercising. But I love this group and am going to check in for the support.

I've decided to try intuitive eating for a while (at least to 6 weeks). I've been tracking my food for 3 years and always start gaining again when I don't, so this is a leap of faith for me. I am weighing regularly, mostly out of curiosity for right now. I gained ~50 lbs with pregnancy thanks to morning sickness in the 1st AND 3rd trimesters that was only kept in check by eating every 2 hours. Weighed this morning, and I've lost 20 lbs since delivery.

So to do the math: I have 30 lbs to get to pre-pregnancy weight. I was 10 lbs from a healthy BMI when I got pregnant. So I have a min of about 40 lbs to go. All that being said, my goal is a performance and body fat / aesthetic goal instead of an exact weight. I'm just guessing that I will need to be in the normal BMI range to get there.

When I'm cleared for exercise, I'm going to start C25K to ease myself back into running (I miss it so much) and also do a mix of stronglifts and yoga. Just trying to go for family walks after dinner if the weather is good for now.

Goals for today:
    1. Eat three real meals (not just snacks!)
    2. Walk after dinner
    3. Get out the door in time for the pedi appt

Here's some pics for you all. Sorry if they are huge, I'm posting from the mobile app with Baby Ting sleeping on my chest.

On my way to the hospital (41+1 weeks pregnant):
    1tz02411qdu4.jpeg

This morning (12 days post-partum):
    s99wdryz08ui.jpeg

Yesterday with my sweet girl:
    x0q22jib0ena.jpeg

Huge congratulation!!!!

Your baby is absolutely beautiful and you look so so happy!

• Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wahooooooo it has started!

Happy Springtime guys, hope you have all had a wonderful Easter weekend and enjoyed a little chocolate (if not don't worry I ate enough for all of us).

Starting Weight: 150
    Goal Weight: 135

Overall goals for challenge:
    - Drink 8 glasses of water every day.
    - Log at least 5 days a week
    - No drinking on weeknights
    - No indulgent puddings on weeknights
    - Get back into morning workout routine
    - Run my first 10K

Goals for today:
    - Drink 8 glasses of water
    - Paint fence
    - Prepare lunches for tomorrow
    - No snacking in morning
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    @SingRunTing congrates on your beautiful baby!

@Skipper111 I certainly enjoyed some sweets yesterday.

I am up on the scale this morning, but that is OK, excesses from yesterday. I am 10 lbs from my final goal and that is my goal for this challenge.

Again, super busy this week and work travel next week so I am going easy on the goals.

Goals for this week:
    Exercise: run, cycle, strength train *or* 10000 steps
    Nutrition: eat at a deficit, 100 oz water, sodium below 2000mg
    Life: Prepare breakfast, lunch, snacks night before and early to bed.
  • debbieinca
    debbieinca Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am new to the challege my goals are
    to workout 4 times a week
    drink 8 glasses of water
    plan my meals and meal prep on Sundays
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,297 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @SingRunTing, you baby girl is beautiful! The picture of you and your daughter is special, :)

Yesterday there were lots of food, that being said, Saturday my plan went well but yesterday, I could of made better choices but that's okay. Today is a new day. Tonight I'm staying at my daughter's so I can watch my grandkids tomorrow, I'll be home tomorrow night though.

Today's goals
    1. Morning workout
    2. Stay focus tonight
    3. No late night snacking
    4. Maybe get a walk in tonight.

Let's make this happen!

My MAIN goal is to get to maintenance weight!

Overall goals
    1. Get to maintenance weight
    2. Morning workouts
    3. Run 3 days/weekly
    4. No late night snacking
    5. Stay focus even on weekends
    6. Yoga 6 days/weekly
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    I am excited to find this challenge, I was ready for something new to help with motivation!! And a daily challenge is what I really need!!

Today's goals:
    1. 10,000 + steps today
    2. Water, water, water
    3. Pre-log food and follow my plan to the "T"
    4. A really good Yoga session tonight...loving Yoga with Adriene so much!!
    5. Eat under 40 grams net carbs

Main Goals:
    1. Start running again - I'd love to do my two mile walking route running to save time for yoga
    2. Yoga!!! I'd love to do Yoga 7 days a week!
    3. Eat low carb
    4. Get back to 135 lbs where I felt great and looked great! I have some pants that are just a tiny bit too tight :smiley:

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options

Yesterday with my sweet girl:
    x0q22jib0ena.jpeg

What an absolutely beautiful baby! Congratulations!!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hello everyone! Today is my birthday and I can't think of a better way to start the day than the beginning of a new challenge! (Call me crazy, but it's like a little gift I'm giving myself.)

@SingRunTing - congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! She is just lovely and so are you!

I managed to control myself on eating over the weekend, but was a little indulgent with the alcohol. I had 3 small glasses of champagne along with Easter dinner. I had given up alcohol for Lent and didn't cheat once in 45 days, so I was feeling like a celebration was in order!

I am just about 10 pounds from my goal weight and 6 pounds from a healthy BMI (according to the "official" charts). I'd really like to go to my annual physical this summer and have my doctor praise me for reaching that goal instead of recommend that I lose X pounds.

Overall goals for this 100 days challenge:
    • Lose that last pesky 10 pounds
    • Exercise - continue doing something active every day
    • Increase strength training weight (have been using 3 and 5 lb dumbbells)
    • Use up freezer and pantry food - at least one thing daily
    • Complete at least one 5K and train for an upcoming 10K
    • Spring clean my house

Goals for this week:
    • Daily cardio and/or strength training
    • Yoga, Tai Chi or Qigong at least 5 times
    • Drink 8+ glasses of water per day
    • File tax extension (oh bother)
    • Set up my husband's fitbit
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers and welcome to day one!!!!

@SingRunTing you are looking amazing and soooo happy!!! I wish you nothing but the best with your new life as a mommy. Thumbs up for intuitive eating!!!

Happy birthday @RaeBeeBaby !!! Great gift you're giving yourself!!!

Wow ladies, yesterday was pretty epic! I had a plan going in, I gave myself permission to go up to 3500 calories; but then, as I was feeling really good, I decided to go all out and eat whatever I wanted until I didn't crave anything. I think it worked out perfectly :) I reached 5000 calories easily and that means I need about 2 weeks to make up for those extra calories.

Usually I would feel bad after a day like that but not this time: I'm feeling energized, motivation tank is full and I'm ready for a new leg of this race.

For the next 100 days I have several goals:
    1. Get to my target weight by eating within my calories/macros everyday.
    2. Daily chin-ups to finish up my goal of doing 2017 chin-ups in 2017 - only 970 left :)
    3. Continue training 5 days a week with the same program because it's working for me
    4. Hit 10000 steps and 10 flights of stairs daily to maintain a good TDEE throughout this cut
    5. One gallon of water every day
    6. Proper sleep and recovery to handle everything

Time to get to work! We got this!
    Let's have a fabulous Monday!!
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @SingRunTing Congratulations on your beautiful baby, you look fabulous!

@RaeBeeBaby Happy Birthday to you!

This is my first challenge in this group and I'm really looking forward to it. I ate with abandon yesterday and today I feel like yuck. Actually, the last 3 weeks have been somewhat strenuous for me so I've eaten my way through them. I went from 142 right back to 150!

I keep sabotaging myself, every time I get below 150! I do so well and start losing weight and then boom! right back to old habits that I know will put the weight right back on.

I don't have anymore options though, this challenge's timing is perfect since our summer vacation begins on July 15. I'm really hoping to reach my ultimate goal by then!

Starting Weight, morning of 4/17: 150.2
    Goal Weight: between 131 & 126 lbs.

Ultimate Goal for this Challenge:
    1. Lose 20 lbs.

Goals for this Challenge:
    2. Eat within my dietary means - steer clear of alcohol and LOG food accurately
    3. Exercise at least 30 minutes per day, preferrably 45-60.
    4. 10,000-12,000 steps per day
    5. Drink at least 8 8 oz. glasses of water per day.
    6. Take my multivitamins.
    7. Get 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night.

Day 1 Goals:
    1. Log my meals and eat accordingly.
    2. Drink 6 glasses of water.
    3. Take my vitamins
    4. Get in at least 30 minutes of exercise.
    5. Journal.
    6. Finish the laundry!
    7. Health food store!

Best of luck to everyone!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,297 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda, I love Adrienne, I'm going to start back tomorrow. Tonight, I'll be at my daughter's, which series are you doing now, :)
  • elagro
    elagro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First of all thanks to all of you for making this group special.
    And of course congratulations @SingRunTing. What an adorable baby.

This is my first challenge with this group.
    I joined because my overall goal is to do road biking. There's a trip planned for October to Washington State. I need to get in shape.

My overall goals for this challenge:
    1. lose 7 lbs.
    2. drink 64 oz of water
    3. stay below my calories
    4. log accurately
    5. Get 6-7 hours sleep
    6. Get 30 min. exercise each day.

For today:
    I want to go to a spin class.