Meat Replacements

Options
13»

Replies

• glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    OH! We are going to get Lidl here in the States!! I can't wait!!!!!

Two words: protein rolls.

They're really tasty and dense wholegrain rolls that, okay are higher in calories than other rolls, but they're over 20g of protein per roll. And the only do these ones in Lidl.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    I miss tofu lol. No soy here as it is a HUGE trigger for my medical condition.

Any vegetarian burgers (either store bought or recipes) that you know are soy free? I have not really had the chance to check them all out.
  • fluter4gsus
    fluter4gsus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This black bean burger was delicious. Even my picky husband loved it.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/spicy-black-bean-burgers-with-chipotle-mayo/
  • caitlinj406
    caitlinj406 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Verdict on the seitan:

It was fine, good not great. I will probably try a different recipe next time. I'm also fresh off of meat, so that might be a factor in my judgement. I will try it again, with different spices.
    I like recipes that use vital wheat gluten instead of all purpose flour. It's the straight gluten so it's much less work to make and turns out chewier.
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    OH! We are going to get Lidl here in the States!! I can't wait!!!!!

Two words: protein rolls.

They're really tasty and dense wholegrain rolls that, okay are higher in calories than other rolls, but they're over 20g of protein per roll. And the only do these ones in Lidl.

THANKS!!!!!

• teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Has anyone made any recipes with TVP (textured vegetable protein)? I saw it in the store today and was curious about it!
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Has anyone made any recipes with TVP (textured vegetable protein)? I saw it in the store today and was curious about it!

I have used it as a ground beef substitute in chili.
  • Kwoconnor
    Kwoconnor Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Quorn Swedish meatballs - absolutely love these. Also, Quorn Sausages. Lovely, too.

ON Whey Protein also for protein sources as well as Fulfill bars as a treat.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I realize this is an old topic, but I generally try to keep tofurky deli slices on hand for a quick lunch option. I occasionally buy the tofurky sausages (meatless kielbasa, italian), or I make seitan with vital wheat gluten. The one time I tried to make it from regular flour was a huuuuuuge mess, but the vital wheat gluten is super easy and cost effective compared to buying Uptons or the No Evil brand.