Daily Dose of Motivation!

Options
anna4anna
anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
Let's face it, some days are harder than others. I'm only human, sometimes the positive mentality just doesn't come as easily one day versus the next. Sometimes all it can take to help change a mindset is an image, a quote, a reminder, a laugh, an inspiration, a story, etc.

I was thinking, why not try to share a "daily dose of motivation" with each other - a thread we can all look through on those days when we might need a reminder of how awesome and capable we truly are. You just never know what might resonate with someone, or what will make someone smile.

Replies

• anna4anna
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'll start...

tjweajxc7zzk.jpg

trs2t2tsmjt8.jpg
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    great thread idea!

one thing I do is read one of the threads in the Success Stories sub-forum here on MFP. It helps me keep perspective on my journey
  • forCole
    forCole Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I need it..today especially. I'll stay tuned..
  • anna4anna
    Options
    I really liked this one

lw8ec2ngis0q.png
  • anna4anna
    Options
    Some of you may know of Gracie, shes a relatively well known figure on Instagram. But she also has a blog and a YouTube channel. This video in particular resonated with me because she talks about going wedding dress shopping, and that is something I was doing in my own life only a few months ago. My wedding day is in 16 days and I'm proud of how far I've come so far. My dress has needed to be taken in twice now, which on the money front is obviously not ideal but...honestly, I am A-OK with that! Gracie is wildly inspiration to me, we may not follow the same diet and fitness regime at all, but her work ethic and personality are just truly uplifting to me. She shares a lot of her journey on social media and following her has been motivation for me that anything is possible.

Here is the video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DRSVvbRDrD4
  • rfrieman
    rfrieman Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    "Every new day is another Chance to Change your life".
  • Jedi1989
    Jedi1989 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I find this quote really inspiring :

kjq7l5jgcfh3.png
  • rfrieman
    Options
    Motivation is what gets you started but it is Habit that keeps you going.
  • LizJru
    LizJru Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been using the line 'do I really want this or do I want to be under calories?' I choose the latter more that I thought I would.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Marleiza wrote: »
    Lately I've been using the line 'do I really want this or do I want to be under calories?' I choose the latter more that I thought I would.

So true, the ability to make better decisions builds with time. In the beginning it was a challenge for me to hit 2100, now I have no problems staying under 1700
  • Ayane101
    Ayane101 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Marleiza wrote: »

There are some days that I will say that, but more like "Do I really want this on my food chart for today?" That usually makes me think twice, or limit how much of it I take. Gets to be a little helpful.
  • anna4anna
    Options
    I follow Lexi on Instagram and she is such an inspiration. I love her attitude and her work ethic is just phenomenal. She has lost 263lbs, with diet and exercise. If this isn't motivation, I don't know what is!!

https://www.instagram.com/fatgirlfedup/?hl=en
  • kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    a9r0jdfx2s9o.jpg

I have this hanging on my fridge.
  • Urtel
    Urtel Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Believe that you can and you are halfway there!
  • rfrieman
    Options
    When you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.