MFP and Fitbit on same calorie count, not default weightloss setting?

Options
abovethecity
abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
Would putting MFP and Fitbit on the same calorie count, not on just the .5/1/1.5 lb. setting mess anything up with calorie adjustments? Most of my defaults on MFP are 1200, and I just can't survive on that without binging, so I want to change it to 1300-something. I always see to put them on the same setting, but what if you want specific calories, not lose whatever per week? I've already tried eating 50% of my calorie adjustments, but it didn't work for me (I gained for the month that I did it), so I was going to try eating 25%. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Fitbit reports daily calorie burn at a certain point.

MFP does math with that.

The weight loss goals on either side have no bearing on the adjustment.

And you manually setting an eating goal doesn't change that math either, merely changes what the adjustment is added to.

MFP is already raising your base goal of 1200 when it sees that you are actually doing more than your MFP settings assumed you'd be doing.

If you want less adjustment in order to plan your day better - increase the MFP activity level to the Lightly Active you are probably actually at, rather than the sedentary everyone believes they are, or get confused and leave it at without thinking it out.

If you have already been NOT eating back the adjustment or partial of it because of not knowing what it was exactly - and actually gaining weight - then you got some settings either badly messed up, or your daily routine and exercise is badly confusing the Fitbit for a good estimate, or you have badly jacked up your body by dieting already.

The Fitbit even with normal inaccuracies isn't going inflate your daily calorie burn so as to wipe out a deficit on MFP that would cause weight gain - unless you have like a 250 cal deficit, and don't log food very well.
  • abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    That is good know - I had no idea that it didn't have any bearing on the adjustment. Thank you! I will set it to lightly active and see what my adjustment is then. Thanks again!