Post-partum weightloss plateau

Options
rsmall88
rsmall88 Posts: 5 Member
Hi everyone
I'm 3 months Post-partum and have lost 14 of the 17kgs I gained. I can't seem to shake the last 3 though.
The same thing happened with my first child. The weight never came off until I stopped breastfeeding.
Any tips on shedding those last few kilos?
I'm working out around 2 - 3 times a week and trying to be active on all.other days and eating a healthy balanced diet without restricting calories too much

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I just went through this in February - couldn't get below 127 lbs (pre-pregnancy was 122). Just completed a week of letting Jillian Michaels' kick my butt every day with her workouts, and was strict on my calorie intake. Scale finally moved this morning!

Maybe add another day of exercise, or lower your calorie intake a tiny bit more? It's definitely frustrating; good luck!
  • emmalilianmorris
    emmalilianmorris Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This happened to me with my first and I found trying to follow a "Paleo" diet helped shift those last lbs. It took way longer than the rest of the weight to shift though!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I couldn't shift any weight until I stopped breastfeeding (seriously, there ought to be a law against promoting weight loss as a benefit of breastfeeding). I think the body just wants to have the extra reserves for producing milk. At least you know the weight will come off eventually, even if you have to be patient?
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    This happened to me also, I lost 20lbs almost instantly but the next 20lbs wouldn't budge at all until I stopped breastfeeding at 7 months postpartum. Now I'm losing but I have to work really hard at it (i.e. working out consistently and keeping my calories to 1400). I still have 10-15lbs to lose.
  • melissakosobud1989
    melissakosobud1989 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 9 months pp and have lost all but the last 5-10 pounds. Hoping when I stop breastfeeding it comes off but trying to cut calories lower and not lose my milk makes me so nervous!
  • celysangelie
    celysangelie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Im looking for other active users to befriend and keep motivated!! Im 2 months postpartum and I'm struggling to loose those last 30lbs. Add me!!!

Ps. Starting today I'm done with crap food and looking for a workout plan- suggestions are welcome!!!