What Mini Goal is motivating you right now?

Options
dawnz75
dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
This is a popular thread from the Success Stories here on MFP. I thought it might be better appreciated in a small group like this where we can celebrate together the small things that are happening. I was thinking keeping the goal to something attainable in 1 to 4 weeks and then post again when we complete it! (If the leaders feel this is redundant, feel free to delete post).

Replies

• dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I recently reached 36 lbs lost. /cheer My next mini goal is to see that 40 lbs lost mark sometime in May. It will happen when it happens, but the thing is it WILL happen if I just don't give up! Looking forward to hearing from all of you wonderful people.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'd like to drop below 250 by first week of May
  • kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I finally got below 250 lbs (247.4)!!! It's been awhile since I've seen that number. Working towards being under 240 - baby steps - aiming for mid-May.
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to shed the last 6 or so pounds and see the 190's on the scale soon =) I lose about 10 pounds a month so it's slow, but I'm so close I can taste it.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Jirachii wrote: »
    I'm hoping to shed the last 6 or so pounds and see the 190's on the scale soon =) I lose about 10 pounds a month so it's slow, but I'm so close I can taste it.

I know it feels slow, but that's a very good/fast pace when maintained over many months.
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Jirachii wrote: »

I know it feels slow, but that's a very good/fast pace when maintained over many months.

I know :smile: I could probably lose faster if I REALLY wanted to, but I'm in a happy place right now where I can eat a satisfying amount and still lose those 1.5-2 pounds a week if I get my daily steps in. It feels really slow in action, but once it's over it feels so fast!
  • gazellefish
    gazellefish Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've been celebrating in 20lb increments by buying another Alex & Ani bracelet - it's been a nice, visible, physical reminder of how I'm doing as it's jingling on my wrist all day. I bought the first one to make my Fitbit less lonely, so they've just become a reminder of my healthy journey. Hopefully buying the next one in June! 10lbs to go!
  • hmbuck1
    hmbuck1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My current mini goal is down 10 lbs by May 13, which happens to be my birthday. I am about half way there and have more than 2 weeks so I should easily reach it. After that I would like to be down another 10 by the second week in June. It's a steep goal but I am doing a fitness bootcamp for 6 weeks in June and I'm sure it will be easier to move by being down 20 lbs.
  • MissSass2
    MissSass2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mini goal to be in the 260's in May. Almost there!
  • sissyn49
    sissyn49 Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    To be in onderland by my birthday in July
  • pandainatrashbag
    pandainatrashbag Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just ordered cute workout clothes the next size down. Can't wait to fit in them!
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Somehow I never peeked in this thread. Anyway, my first nonscale goal is right around the corner! I'm walking a charity 5k a week from today!

Not sure what my next goal after that will be. Probably to start wearing XL clothes. I have some, and they're all too tight to wear comfortably still.
  • laurenistryin
    laurenistryin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm focusing on losing 10 lbs at a time and rewarding myself with mani/ pedis. Down 15 lbs so far so I'm almost to my 2nd m/p. I absolutely love the idea of buying a bracelet to wear with my fitbit, as @gazellefish mentioned. A lasting reminder of #s lost is something I hadn't thought about doing. Maybe every 20 lbs lost would be a good interval for something special. :)
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Mini goal: I'm losing 10lbs this month. May 2017.
  • anonmom78
    anonmom78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Since regaining some weight, my goal is to drop some before seeing my family again next month. Hope that a lot of it is bloating and I can fit back into some smaller clothes for the visit. I know that seems superficial, but they were so proud of me for getting healthier before, I hate to disappoint them. *sigh* I have 41 days!
  • hmbuck1
    hmbuck1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bsgraham10 wrote: »
    I am fishing in the biggest blue marlin tournament in the world on June 9....the Big Rock tournament in Moorhead city NC. My goal was to be under 260 by July however I think I can get there by June 9. I am 268 today and I have 6 weeks.

I need to be ready to reel in a $2million dollar blue marlin!

Good luck! I grew up in Morehead City. We always went down to the docks during weigh-in. I've seen some pretty big marlins down there!
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am working toward being in the 270s by my birthday. (5/14) Right now I'm at 284.2# So my goal is in sight.
  • kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be in the 220's before my B-day in July. Then the next goal is Onederland by my wedding anniversary in October.