Introductions!

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
Hello UAC-May Members!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hi All

This will be my second month with the UAC group and I am so pleased that I found this challenge / group. It is an amazingly supportive group of people and I have really enjoyed posting to the daily check-ins and reading the posts of others.

I am getting towards the end of my weight loss journey (although I'm not 100% certain where that end is as I've never been there before) and things are slowing down but I know I can make it as long as I keep up the accountability.

Looking forward to another successful month :)
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

This is my first time with UAC and I'm looking forward to see how far I can go. It'll be nice to be part of the experience and read how others are aswell.

I've been struggling with my weight for the majority of my life and have decided to make the change this year by eating healthier and working out nearly everyday, The main thing i've done so far was to drop soda and calorie drinks almost enitrely.

My goal for this challenge is to build up a consistent calorie log as that's a discipline i'm really lacking.

Have a great day. - Simon
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

This will be my second month with the UAC. The daily reporting helped to keep me focused on my efforts to eat properly and exercise daily. I'm looking forward to another month. Thank you, Rick for organizing this!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

This is my first month...and first challenge here on MFP...Really looking forward to it...

I haven't been as on point with everything lately and I need to get back too it...so TY Rick...
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I was in the original UAC group but Rick has made the group more user friendly. ;) I am one of those people I touch base and let you know what is happening in my life. Usually it rotates around my work and family. Every so often I complain about the weather just day to day stuff. When I first started my comment every day was yes x 3 which meant I logged I exercised and stayed in my calories. Lol You decide how much you want to share with the group. See you all in May.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Welcome, newbies! This is a great to be accountable to yourself and meet friendly, like-minded people along the way. May will be my fourth month with the group, and while I struggled in April, the first two months were fantastic!

A big shout out and thanks to @RangerRickL for organizing/managing this challenge!

@simonschange...dropping the sugary drinks is a great way to start. This challenge will definitely cause you to log your food more consistently......weight loss begins in the kitchen! ;)
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi, My name is Priscilla and this will be my 3rd month with this group. The first month like @2020pinktogo I was pretty silent but by the end of the month I was contributing regularly as this group is THE place to come for support & encouragement @RangerRickL has done an awesome job of organizing us...lol.........I love the check-in daily and the accountability it gives us. It is great to see all the regular names continuing on this month and I am so excited about all the new ones I see. Congratulations on making the step to join us and I am soooo looking forward to sharing our journeys. Together WE CAN DO ANYTHING! WELCOME ABOARD!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give this challenge a go.

This will be my first attempt at it as I have only been on MFP for 2 weeks (since 18/Apr). I've been pretty consistent over the past 3 weeks (was tracking intake before MFP (11/Apr) - MFP just made it easier).

Main goals are size and fitness related. ie. comfortably fitting into clothes I wore 10+ years ago and being able to comfortably do activities I used to do. Seem to be slowly getting there, but anything that keeps me on track will help.

My main limitation I set on myself getting there is that it must be with activities/foods that I can continue with for the rest of my life. ie. no injury prone activities, no crazy diets, no supplements. I don't care if that makes it longer to get to my goal. Just means that when I get there I have the capability to maintain it. From what I can see, MFP tracking (and self-accountability) is the best chance for me to get there.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

This is my 3rd month with this awesome group. I have not made it to the winner circle yet but hopefully this month. A big welcome to all the newbies. It is a great group.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

My name is Kelsea, and I have been with UAC since November. This group has helped me reach fitness goals that I couldn't even imagine reaching before. The support this group offers is superb. They even stuck with me through a bumpy, horrible April. I am excited for a fresh new start this month.

I have 2-3 fluctuating lbs that I want to lose to reach my June goal. Similar to @aeshippers, my weight loss has slowed down, but I still have fitness goals that I am pursuing. This is a great forum to celebrate non-scale victories, not just weight-related ones. I am hoping to be able to share some cardio and ab related NSVs this month, and I can wait to hear all of your NSVs!

Feel free to friend me! This will be a month for amazing things to happen!

• markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Loved being a part of UAC last month, and did better than I would've done without. May will be a bit of a challenge, as we are expecting a daughter any moment now. Will do my best to stay on track! Good luck with your goals, everyone!
  • FHImagined
    FHImagined Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Happy May Day! This is my first month here. Good Luck everyone!