Provera

Options
swinnie239
swinnie239 Posts: 423 Member
Ok, so my OB gave me a prescription to induce since I haven't had a cycle in a few months (I stopped taking birth control and was regular then). Currently I am hating life. It isn't a heavy cycle, which is a bit odd since I haven't for awhile, but maybe it's just getting started (yesterday I started my cycle), I don't know. Anyhow, all the stereotypical PSM symptoms that tv shows have, which I have never experienced before are in full swing (I normally have mild cramping and maybe a little water retention, but nothing too bad). My skin is going nuts, I'm bloating like crazy, I want to eat everything in sight (but am trying to control that one), my poor husband seems like he is about to lose his mind with how cranky I've been and I feel like I am steadily without any stop or relief being punched in the uterus over and over again.

My doctor said that the symptoms might be a bit worse, but this is just getting to me.

Has anyone else had to deal with stuff like this? When will it stop?

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    apparently this is pretty common with Provera... my endocrinologist warned me of the extreme PMS that some people suffer when taking Provera. i didn't have any issues the first time around (and i don't usually have much PMS as it is) but every cycle of Provera since then i have noticed more intense PMS symptoms - especially moodiness.
  • Kristinam921
    Kristinam921 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on a cycle of from Provera and OMG!!! I feel like a Goodyear blimp I'm so bloated! My boobs hurt! My husband says I'm sensitive. I'm with you normally I'm not pmsing at all this sucks!!