Day 15: May 1

Options
fitphoenix
fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
Happy first of May, everyone! I think those in the U.K. have a bank holiday--if I'm right, enjoy your long weekend!

I'm back to work today for the second full day of training staff, but then the week should mostly go back to my normal responsibilities--except for the fact that there's a lot of eating out. (Three things for work and one evening of mine.) I'm going to do my best to enjoy myself but not overdo it.

@2020pinktogo, glad the doctor's appointment went well!

@debbieinca, sounds like you got some awesome prep done for the week!

@ariel1116, glad you had a great time at the BBQ. The scale will straighten itself out. ;)

@MonicaA2013, glad the day went well apart from your step count. Hopefully, today will be higher. :)

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes Happy May day to everyone!!!!

@fitphoenix good luck today at work.

It's cooler than normal and still raining here. I could only muster one outfit as my heart wanted to go pull out my turtlenecks from the basement tote. So I have an outfit and hopefully tonight I will be able to do it again. Or the bank will be warm and put me in a good mood to dress in lighter clothes.Lol

I am packing my sneakers to use the elliptical during lunch.
    It's just one of those days I already feel cold and I haven't even taken the dog out.
    Have a great day everyone!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    DAY 15:

Hi everybody! Happy Monday and Happy 1st of May!

Sorry I haven't been very active. I have really been struggling the past couple of weeks....actually there has been much struggle from me for the past couple of months with the occasional good couple of days. I am trying very hard to get myself up and out of this rut. Lots of emotional eating, self sabotaging, depression, and unhappiness. I've been feeling overwhelmed and like I have so much to do but don't know where to start and in the end get nothing done. Hard to explain. I have 1 more month to get myself together and to be able to lose as much weight as I can before surgery. I have been trying to do some spring cleaning around my house. Getting rid of things we don't need and just doing an over all declutter of my home. I am hoping it gives us a sense of order in my life and that it will then turn the negativity in my home to something more positive and full of love, hope, and all kinds of good things.

@fitphoenix - Have a wonderful day at work to day. I wish you luck with your eating out! I know I struggle with this. I always tell myself I will make smart choices and before I know it I am having a 1200 calorie meal!

@2020pinktogo - Cold and gloomy here in my little corner of France as well. BUT we had a wonderful warm and sunny weekend so I cant complain. We need those showers for our May flowers! Kill it on the elliptical!

MY GOALS:

- COMPLETE 4 GYM SESSIONS THIS WEEK
    0/4 GYM SESSIONS COMPLETED
    - DRINK ATLEAST 3 LITERS OF WATER 7/7 DAYS
    0/7 DAYS COMPLETED
    - NO CARBS FOR DINNER 5/7 DAYS
    0/5 DAYS COMPLETED
    - EAT VEGGIES AT EVERY MEAL 5/7 DAYS
    0/7 DAYS COMPLETED
    - LOG EVERYTHING IN MY DIARY 7/7 DAYS (THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY)
    0/7 DAYS COMPLETED

103775544.png
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Happy 1st of May!

Today is the day that starts our busy season at work. This is also the month that healthy eating goes to hell. I know this year will be different. Yesterday I shopped & meal prepped & planned. I am ready to be busy & keep at healthy eating.

@mari_moulin sorry to hear you are struggling. I spent many years feeling that way. I wish I had some magic words of wisdom to make it pass by faster or take it away, but I am not sure what made me feel better. I suspect hormones, but I am unsure.

Goals for today:
    -run or walk outside (only if the rain stops)
    -organize parts room at store
    -organize my dresser
    -eat within calorie limit & macros
    -work 6.5hrs

Weekly goals:
    -exercise 5/7 days
    -eat at calorie goal 6/7 day
    -parts area & chemical area of store organized
    -bedroom deep clean
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is May! A chance of showers this morning and then no rain in the forecast.

Goal for May
    - 120 miles
    - 15 days over 10,000 steps
    - water water water

So many things to get done,
    - wash Windows and get screens on.
    - get ready to plant garden as soon as garden dries up
    - clean mulch off perennials

Have a great day everyone
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin I completely understand. I think we all get to that feeling that we aren't accomplishing anything and are overwhelmed by everything. I am a big list person and it seems to help me out. Make a general list of the things you want to get done for the month. Then each night make a list of things you are going to get done tomorrow. The absolutely have to have done, the ones you want done and in a few stretch things. Mark them off with a star, smiley face, a check mark. Whatever helps keep you motivated. Let yourself know it is okay not to get everything on the list done, and sometimes you have to be flexible. At the end of the day, be proud of what you accomplished. You can do this. We are here if you need someone to listen.

@lpeltenburg I never seem to run fast or faster. So I understand the frustration. I have read on a few of the forums, that if you want to run faster you have to run further. Something about increasing your endurance allows you to run shorter amounts faster. I have yet to try this.

I had a pretty good weekend. I managed to hit my goals on Friday, even went to the gym (Was unplanned, but awesome.) Usually on Fridays, I don't feel like cooking and I order delivery. I cooked what I had planned. (Woo me.) I even avoided the pastry I bought. It is still sitting on my fridge and is probably no good now. Saturday, did roller skating, and gym time. Sunday more skating and 30 minutes at the gym. Over all a great weekend.

I have decided to have daily and weekly goals to help keep me motivated and accomplishing things.

Friday's Goals:
    Stay under calories!!!!! :)
    80 ounces of water :)
    12500 steps Stretch for 15000, Ended up with 20K B)
    Focus at work :)
    Finish Hogwarts challenge :D

Today's Goals:
    Stay under Calories!!!
    80 ounces of water
    12500 steps (relax day.)
    Squat Challenge day 1
    Pay Rent
    Fold Laundry
    Focus @ work
    Stay positive

Week Goals:
    No Sugar/Sweet Treats 0/7
    12500 steps 0/7
    Walk @ lunch 0/5 (want 4/5 days)
    Gym 0/7 (4 days)
    Squat Challenge 0/7

Have a great day flowers
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Happy May Day!! Sorry I was MIA over the weekend, we were super busy which was good and I got one of my "C25K" runs in :) Food was very carby but I'm back on track again today!

Here's my monthly goals for May:
    • C25K: 3 days a week
    • Yoga: 6 days a week
    • Net Carbs 40 and under
    • No Diet Pop
    • Find a 5K race to run in June or July

Since it's "month-end" at work...I'm outta here :) Have a great day!!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin I completely understand how you are feeling. I too have been struggling since Easter but had a breakthrough on the weekend and feeling much stronger. When overwhelmed you need to take your view down to a narrower focus as the big picture can be too much and you end up doing nothing. Pick one or two targets for the day and focus on those. Take time to be in the quiet and truly listen to your body and mind and see what it is trying to tell you. I totally agree with @jdelaroy that lists can help tremendously, the satisfaction of checking off things is a motivator. Take care of yourself.

@carlsoda month end for me too, it comes around so fast it seems!

So I have been MIA the last couple of weeks, I am up 3 lbs since Easter weekend and that's been very discouraging. :s However as I indicated I was really struggling with some emotional and personal issues. And I feel I broke through to the other side on the weekend. I am feeling so much better now like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. So now its time to get the weight off the scale as well

Going to be a very busy couple of weeks for us. We are lifting our home next week to put it on steel pilings so I have to get everything packed and on the floor. I worked my butt off outside all weekend. Got all the skirting off, we took down a section of fence and moved it back. So I was lugging fence posts and poles and lumber all weekend, in addition to the normal barn stuff. Happy to say the sun has finally come back and the temperatures are seasonal again! Yay!!

Today's goals:
    eat to plan
    stay under calories
    20 min cardio - done
    shoveling/cleaning paddock
    start packing stuff up
    no snacking in evening unless fruit
    avoid salty and sugary foods

Have a happy May Day! B) And sorry for the long post.
  • bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Okay, a new month. Now it's time to get back to making goals and achieving them! I had a bad week...I was hungry all the time. I overate most of the week and didn't lose at all. I am thankful that I didn't gain though...must be all the lawn mowing I did!

My goals this week are:
    1. to stay within my calories
    2. exercise each day for 20 minutes minimum

I hit my 500th day of logging in this past week. That was exciting for me. Now I'm shooting for 1000!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,297 Member
    Options
    Happy May,
    @bobkat80, you can do this take one day at a time!

Yesterday, I got a pool session and a couple yoga sessions in! It was a extremely needed rest day plus my food choices were right on, yay for me!

Today's goals
    1. Run ✅
    2. Strength (monthly & Hogwarts)
    3. Get a few things at the store - water filter
    4. Yoga session this afternoon
    5. No late night snacking

May Goals
    6. Run 3x/weekly
    7. Yoga 6x weekly
    8. Outside walk @ least once
    9. Keep focusing on weekends goals (healthy eating)
    10. Strength 15 mins (Monthly Challenge & Kettlbell)

Done 6,7 9

:) Let's make this happen :)
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Happy May everyone!

Nice work yesterday @GrandmaJackie!! Yay is right!!

I, unfortunately, have two sick children, one that stayed home and one that actually went to school and then I had to take her medicine. Thank Heavens school is almost out for summer!

I kicked it into high gear this weekend. Despite the yucky weather, I met almost all goals and exceeded my own expectations!

Today's goals are the same:

1. Eat properly and log all food
    2. Drink 6-8 glasses of water
    3. Take vitamins
    4. Exercise at least 30 minutes - 10-12,000 steps
    5. Read a chapter in my motivational book
    6. Journal - this is the one I'm having the most trouble with. It's difficult to formulate actual coherent thoughts when the house is busy, but I'm going to try to get this in today anyway.

Hope everyone's having a wonderful on point day!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good afternoon flowers!!!

@RejsGirl congratulations for the successful weekend, I'm sure the momentum will keep you going great through the week.

Yesterday we ended up going roller skating and had a great time. Eating was good until the evening when the crave monsters attached me.... I'm not sure how I got so lucky but this morning my weight actually went down. Maybe with the activity, it balanced out.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated for no good reason. I have been on this path for a long time now and sadly there really are no shortcuts, no miracles, nothing special to figure out, just doing our best day in and day out. Sometimes I do wish I had it all down packed to a science but then there would be no excitement :)

Here we go into another month and another week. I had a late start to the day but got my long calls finished and my chin-ups so now it's all about making the day count. Goals: eat within calories/macros, training, steps, water and restful sleep.

Let's have a fabulous Monday!!!!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin Start in the most difficult room/corner you have and finish that before you move on to the next challenge. I have learned that if you tackle the worst part of the job first, the rest seams so easy. Get the hubby and older kids involved too. They are part of the reason the mess is there to begin with anyway, so they should have a part in helping to straiten it out. Don't think that you have to do it all and have it one by a certain time either. You are only one person and they are many !! This would be a great time to get the little one used to cleaning up after himself too.
    @fitphoenix Good luck back at work. Hope the eating out goes well for you too.
    @2020pinktogo hope the weather dries out for you soon. good luck on the treadmill.
    @lpeltenburg Best of luck with your meal planning this month. Hope the busy month is kind to you.
    @Lilymay2 Happy May day to you. Good luck with your plan !
    @jdelaroy Sounds like you had a great weekend !! Best of luck with your goals.
    @carlsoda You GO Girl !!
    @Kenda2427 You have been a busy girl lugging the lumber everywhere. Hope the house lifting and foundation plans go smoothly. Yipyyy for decent weather too !!
    @bobkat80 Nice job holding steady on the weight. AND CONGRATS on the log in streak.
    @GrandmaJackie Well done on the rest day !!
    @RejsGirl Hope the kids get better soon. Great job on your goals !!
    @danelutza19 Nice job on holding off the scale monster after the crave monster showed up !!

Well here we are starting a new month. MAY is going to be a MARVELOUS month !! So far today I am SPOT ON !!

Week 2 stats...(M-Sun)
    1) Keep within my calorie goal 5/7 Days
    DONE 6/7
    2) Drink a min of 75 oz of water PER DAY.
    DONE 100oz+
    3) Run 3+ days per week
    DONE 2/7
    4) Reach my step goal of 14k 7/7 DAY
    DONE 6/7
    5) Begin Jillian's 30 day shred(M/T/SAT) AND The Metabolic Aftershock workout(M/W/F) on MONDAY APRIL 24th. After Jillian's 30 days are done (5/24/17) Continue the Aftershock workout and add the 9 ABS workout.
    Day 5/5 DONE

Week 3 stats...(M-Sun)
    1) Keep within my calorie goal 5/7 Days
    DONE 0/7
    2) Drink a min of 75 oz of water PER DAY.
    DONE
    3) Run 3+ days per week
    DONE 0/7
    4) Reach my step goal of 14k 7/7 DAY
    DONE 0/7
    5) Begin Jillian's 30 day shred(M/T/SAT) AND The Metabolic Aftershock workout(M/W/F) on MONDAY APRIL 24th. After Jillian's 30 days are done (5/24/17) Continue the Aftershock workout and add the 9 ABS workout.
    Day 0/5 DONE

• ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I had a incredible day! It started off with me jumping on the scale and it showed I had gained weight from my bbq yesterday. I didn't get down on myself or want to give up like I previously would of thought. in fact it was the opposite. I felt even more motivated and determined than ever! So I did my normal workout and then did a hour of lifting at the end. Burned 900 calories according to my Fitbit. Then I went home and did yard work! Let me tell you I hate doing yard work lol I avoid it and have my husband do it but idk I guess I was still feeling motivated so I just looked at it as another opportunity to burn more calories lol and then my husband and I bought a 6 piece patio set for only 99 dollars! It was on sale! Yay!!! Well so of course we had to bbq some steaks and eat outside with just the two of us. It really was a perfect day!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @ariel1116 It sounds like a fantastic day. Great job on all the exercise. I am sure the BBQ with hubby was wonderful.