Keto Diet

Options
hmbuck1
hmbuck1 Posts: 94 Member
Is anyone following a Keto diet? Where did you get your information? Is there a good website for a beginner?

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You should PM anna, she a Keto queen.
  • hmbuck1
    Options
    Thanks!
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me a message.
  • kitchen_sorceress
    kitchen_sorceress Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Dr Mercola has a new book that I believe just came out that is primarily focused on Nutritional Ketosis if you are interested.
  • anonmom78
    anonmom78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My whole family is keto/low carb. I lost my initial 70 pounds on it, regained bc I started over eating/drinking my calories due to stress of another diagnosis in the fam. Long-ish story. Keto is amazing and I'm back on, tracking my macros again. Message me if you want, I'd love the accountability.
  • anonmom78
    anonmom78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also, I started out with dietdoctor.com, and moved on from there...there are a TON of free sources online and great recipes.
  • Nina_VK
    Nina_VK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok, so it's my first day! Eek! What are your favorite resources? I'll take all you have for me. I'm still learning!
  • Natalia67
    Natalia67 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been looking up information on this diet in you tube. U have started but I will start in a few days.
  • ggoss10
    ggoss10 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nina_VK wrote: »
    Ok, so it's my first day! Eek! What are your favorite resources? I'll take all you have for me. I'm still learning!

My first day too!
    Any friends, advice, fav easy/go-to snacks are welcome!
  • hmbuck1
    Options
    I've read a bit on dietdoctor.com I am struggling to get through exams right now so calorie counting is pretty much the best I can do. Plan to do some more research and get going on keto and focusing on my macros after this week and exams end. Super excited to get it going!
  • anna4anna
    Options
    Good luck to all the new (and vet) keto'ers on your journey! Feel free to add me if you like, I have an open diary and I cook (and bake) keto 24/7. I've also helped many of my friends and family members convert to this way of eating and happy to say one of them is well on her way to reversing T2D.

Keto for life!!!
  • TeresaCleek
    TeresaCleek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok I have been doing the keto diet on my doctors advice for weight loss. Until recently I didn't realize what the diet was called, so now I'm exploring recipes. I just cooked pork chops with a sauce that has bacon and pork chop drippings saute onions and chicken broth thickened with heavy cream. It was the best thing I've ever eaten! I'm finding it hard to believe I'll loose weight eating like this but what a treat.
    Thoughts?
  • anna4anna
    Options
    Oh you will lose as long as you're still eating at a deficit. Keto as a way of eating is basically (really simplified here) a tool to manage insulin responses as well as hunger, due to high satiety in fats. For new folks, one of the most important tips I have is this: Macros, macros, macros. Carbs are a restriction (stay under roughly 20g net carbs), protein is a goal (hit your protein daily to prevent lean muscle loss), and fat is a limit (eat fats until satiated, don't worry about meeting your fat macro).
  • crisipina
    crisipina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im new to the whole Keto thing and feel really lost lol
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Nina_VK wrote: »

The Tips and Tricks thread has many favorite resources, more general than Keto specific though.