• lhadleyucf
    lhadleyucf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Glad it's a known issue at least.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    lhadleyucf wrote: »
    I've been in contact with myfitnesspal support via email and they are completely useless. It seems like a different tech is reply to me every time and the most recent time the guy emails me and says "sorry your exercise isn't transferring from fitbit, that is a fitbit problem..."

Like... dude, this has nothing to do with exercise wtf? He clearly read no prior messages in the email string before responding to me.

And yeah it logs the first thing fine for me every day, but later meals/snacks and any changes don't come through.

Grrrrrr

And this is why I'll never be a premium member, lol.

Honestly though I don't even know who to contact about this on MFP's side. Sigh.
  • lhadleyucf
    lhadleyucf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    support@myfitnesspal.desk-mail.com
  • lawunmilee
    lawunmilee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My Alta HR is new but nothing is syncing. My steps won't show in MFP and food logged on MFP won't sync in my Fitbit
  • jennb1107
    jennb1107 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My steps won't sync from fitbit to MFP and my food/water wont sync from MFP to fitbit. Ive checked to make sure they are connected and they are. It just randomly stopped working and i cant get it back.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Now it's logging too much food! I replaced an entry with another one for my lunch, and it's counting both. Also showing me over yesterday when I was under (I had synchronization issues between the app and the browser versions and had one snack logged twice for a minute - guess fitbit doesn't like it when we remove something because it still counts).

So frustrating.
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You should be able to go into the food log for fitbit and remove the duplicates. I've had that happen to me before.
  • Francl27
    Options
    PikaJoyJoy wrote: »
    You should be able to go into the food log for fitbit and remove the duplicates. I've had that happen to me before.

I don't have any details on fitbit. Just my meals and how many calories are in them. Can't modify anything.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I don't have any details on fitbit. Just my meals and how many calories are in them. Can't modify anything.

On the web version, hover underneath the knife/fork picture, click on 'see more', it will take you to the food log where you can add/remove foods.

This only works if it's double counted separate foods. The way fitbit is working lately, it's adding and subtracting from a whole meal, it's slightly confusing! I'm not going to even bother looking at my fitbit report next Tuesday, cos it'll be way off. I've given up deleting and adding stuff over on fitbit this week!!
  • Francl27
    Options

On the web version, hover underneath the knife/fork picture, click on 'see more', it will take you to the food log where you can add/remove foods.

This only works if it's double counted separate foods. The way fitbit is working lately, it's adding and subtracting from a whole meal, it's slightly confusing! I'm not going to even bother looking at my fitbit report next Tuesday, cos it'll be way off. I've given up deleting and adding stuff over on fitbit this week!!

That's the thing though - my web dashboard is horrible! all I see is sleep and my badges. Nothing else, no calories, no daily steps, nothing. I have absolutely no idea how to change it. I used to have no problem with my Fitbit One, but with the Charge 2, there's just nothing out there, everything's on the app.
  • Christine_72
    Options

That's the thing though - my web dashboard is horrible! all I see is sleep and my badges. Nothing else, no calories, no daily steps, nothing. I have absolutely no idea how to change it. I used to have no problem with my Fitbit One, but with the Charge 2, there's just nothing out there, everything's on the app.

I cant find anything on the damn app! On your web dashboard, top left (next to todays date) there is a little icon with 9 little squares surrounded by a faint circle. Click on that and then click on "add tiles to dashboard", you should be able to select the knife/fork food tile with how many calories you're under or over, dont confuse this with the gauge that says in the zone etc etc
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

oh wow - good to know that they improved that syncing ability.
    I guess improvement, though more data, and more opportunity for error.

Not so sure it was a good idea to sync even more data - when they have had so many issues with the prior level.

How long since that improvement went in?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    @heybales I've had my fitbit since March 2015, and im pretty sure it's been there the whole time. I can't say for certain exactly when i first found it. But i can't remember a time where that option hasn't been there.
  • Francl27
    Options

I cant find anything on the damn app! On your web dashboard, top left (next to todays date) there is a little icon with 9 little squares surrounded by a faint circle. Click on that and then click on "add tiles to dashboard", you should be able to select the knife/fork food tile with how many calories you're under or over, dont confuse this with the gauge that says in the zone etc etc

Haha thanks! I still can't click on it and modify anything though... probably because it was 3 days ago? Oh well. Nothing's accurate this week anyway...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    @heybales I've had my fitbit since March 2015, and im pretty sure it's been there the whole time. I can't say for certain exactly when i first found it. But i can't remember a time where that option hasn't been there.

I don't have that ability actually and my web dash board is pretty comprehensive.

I can delete and entire "summary" but can't see individual entries period.
  • heybales
    Options
    I've only used the app early on, and since issue seemed to be related to that usage, I stopped and didn't have sync issues ever until 6 months ago.

But I never recalled ability to see the individual food items on the meal entries on Fitbit, and I never recall anyone else mentioning it either.

It was always the comment when sync issues went that direction, that you'd get 2 meals listed perhaps, one being current total for it after changes made, and prior one still there with old totals on it. Had to manually delete the old one, leaving the new one.
    Perhaps everyone was doing it through web account and no ability there to look at individual items.

I thought even MFP says only the meal totals sync over to Fitbit.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    onf92mld0mun.png

Yes this is what my PC App food area looks like...I can delete the entire meal but not individual items unless I logged them in Fitbit.
  • heybales
    Options
    And I mispoke - Fitbit is the one working with MFP API's to sync info.

MFP has the setup - Fitbit is deciding what to pull and push.
    So Fitbit would have to be the one to make a change to pull individual food items rather than meal summaries.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    that you'd get 2 meals listed perhaps, one being current total for it after changes made, and prior one still there with old totals on it. Had to manually delete the old one, leaving the new one.
    Perhaps everyone was doing it through web account and no ability there to look at individual items.

Oh *kitten* *kitten*! That's exactly what i meant, I'm obviously not very good at explaining things. I shall go sit back in the corner now :blushing:

• Francl27
    Options
    Ok so I have the option to delete my entire dinner, but no option to remove whatever extra 100 calories they put in there.

So broken.