5/5 Friday Day 5 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
fovh6h0h9u01.jpg

Theme: Spring Cleaning Project 1!

Today's Challenge: We've all got small projects around the house that we've been meaning to get to. It might be reorganizing a closet, sweeping the garage, washing the car, preparing the garden, or something else. It's spring cleaning season so let's take a few times this month to finish that project and check it off the to-do list. You'll feel terrific afterwards!

Alternative Challenge:
Instead of sitting while on the computer, put the laptop on the kitchen counter and stand! Or if you have a desktop take frequent breaks and walk around the house for a couple minutes.

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    I need this push to get started with getting ready for a garage sale! I will go through our storage containers and start setting up!
  • Silinde
    Silinde Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Even I can do these challenges at the moment. :) I'm glad I joined in, and thank you for helping me in reaching my weight goals.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    My garden is way too wet to plant, so I'll take today to repot my and my mom's tomato and pepper plants so they have more room to grow while we wait for the outdoor gardens to be ready.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've got some more rearranging and sweeping to do in the garage.
  • BrooklynBooty
    BrooklynBooty Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Perfect! We are doing a whole lot of house renovations, cleaning and yard work this month.
  • TKlepac
    TKlepac Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am setting up for a meeting today; and, I will take frequent standing breaks at my computer while at work.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    The barn! It's a mess.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I really need to mop. Really, really. And maybe prune the plants in the front yard.
  • Imagine_if
    Imagine_if Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone!!

Today I tackle the space under my desk (it's a mess!!)

So... this challenge has been enlightening. I never realized just how much I actually sit each day. Other than at meal time, I've been making it my habit to begin most things standing (even if I last just 5 minutes or so).

Listening to my body to tell me enough is enough, I've managed to make it nearly 37 minutes straight standing when doing tasks. I am trying to be mindful that it's all in stride, so there will be days that I sit a little less than others. Also, standing still is too much like military bootcamp, so I've found that incorporating a lunge or squat here or there is helpful.

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,781 Member
    Options
    I'll do both challenges. I've got lots of household projects that need doing since we are hosting a graduation party for my daughter next week.

Today, I'll put away my sewing machine.

I am also finishing up grades for one of my schools, so I need to break up my computer time. I am feeling excited because it is actually the first day of my summer break (one of my schools is done).
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Gahhh I did this a few days ago! LOL I went through my filing cabinet and all the papers in it. I did download one of the reminder programs and was able to adjust it to making me take a break every 30 minutes. I like that. I get up and do my usual chores at that time, such as washing dishes, or loading laundry. If I'm caught up, I just walk around the house. The animals give me weird looks but that's okay. :D
  • RDancer5
    RDancer5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge :) It does feel great to check some things off of your to-do list. And you are of course moving while doing it! My husband just set up my stationary bike downstairs in our basement for me, for rainy days like today when I don't want to walk outside. And I had my first session on it today! Stay motivated everyone, and Happy Friday!
  • debk0718
    debk0718 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Loving today's challenges! They've inspired me to put sweeping out the garage on my to do list for this weekend, and whenever I do use my laptop at home, I'm going to bring it into the kitchen and use it at the counter. Thanks the ideas and inspiration. Have a great weekend everyone :)
  • goliv
    goliv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cleaned out desk drawers - but not while sitting at the desk! Stood up and spread out contents so I had to walk around in order to sort and dispose as needed!
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Excellent challenge! I have many projects I've delayed that I can chose from. ;)
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I am starting to integrate standing at the kitchen counter while working on the computer. I have some filing I can do for one hour today and that involves standing and walking back and forth between my studio and the filing room.
  • 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Autumn here in Australia and this weeks 'move it' project has been to clean all the house windows inside & out..half way round already :)
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Cleaned the bathroom and swept the kitchen and living room today. Also did laundry and took items to their various location one at a time instead of in a pile. When I got my Fitbit a few years ago, it was a real eye-opener about the way that I could get movement and steps in throughout the day in little ways, not just the big "I am doing exercise for an hour" sort of ways. I have now successfully integrated the habits of walking while my tea is steeping, while brushing my teeth, and while talking on my cellphone. I often walk while watching tv, and while reading ebooks on my phone. Still haven't perfected a way to walk while writing at speed, but I'll sometimes even do a bit of that on my phone, too.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Gathered together items that need to go to the charity shop, clothes that no longer fit me, I undergrew them.

I also helped DH plan where to plant the sprouts he has grown in the grow room, had to wander around the garden looking for free spots for plants, oh and we decided we needed some ideas, so we went to the Botanical Gardens for a couple of hours walking and checking out any newly added plants.