5/6 Saturday Day 6 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,211 Member
s458s94172tf.jpg

Theme: WEEKEND!

Today's Challenge: Enjoy your Saturday but please make it an active one. There are lots of ways to keep moving! Gardening and yard tending, walking with a friend, checking out a local farmer's market or going for a bike ride are a few of the many possibilities!

Tell us how you spend today!

Supplemental Weekend Reading:
A neuroscientist says there’s a powerful benefit to exercise that is rarely discussed
http://qz.com/592569/a-neuroscientist-says-theres-a-powerful-benefit-to-exercise-that-is-rarely-discussed/

Replies

• themedalist
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I hope your weather is conducive to outdoor activities this weekend. There are lots of benefits to exercising outdoors:

q61uo22xcfr5.jpg

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Options
    I am going to spend my day outside in the beautiful weather! I will be continuing to set up my garage sale which will probably take next couple of days. During my rest time I will take my dog for 2-2 mile walks today.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Well I am 4 weeks post on my TKR, so my walking has been limited. Today I will get outdoors and begin walking more. I'm a bit late starting but I have to get going again. So here I go.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Ming1951 wrote: »
    Well I am 4 weeks post on my TKR, so my walking has been limited. Today I will get outdoors and begin walking more. I'm a bit late starting but I have to get going again. So here I go.

Welcome, Ming, and congrats on your new knee. I'm glad you are joining us for Boot Camp. I hope you enjoy your walk today and that it leads to many more walks in your future.

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,754 Member
    Options
    The weather has been glorious although we are expecting rain today. I hope to get my zucchini planted today. The boysenberry bush we planted last year is beginning to give us our first crop of berries. :smiley:
  • themedalist
    Options
    Please try to get a dose of Nature this weekend...your doctor probably recommends it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf5TgVRGND4
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous day here, DH and I went to a community garage sale event. Scored muffin top pan for $1, never been used, I have one already, paid $12 and had to wait two days for delivery, I'm happy.

Bikes are next, we are taking a short break and will go for a ride this afternoon. We have also started a daily walk to our local park in the early evenings. So we will have spent a large part of the day outdoors.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Only walking indoors today, but tomorrow, I'll be doing my obstacle course in a federal park, so I should get lots of nature then!
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Proctored the SAT test this morning, but stood throughout the entire thing :) then headed to the gym for 68 min cardio workout after dropping my daughter and her friend off at the movies.
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I went out on the trail today near my house. It's my favorite spot to walk! Paved, but surrounded by nature. It was quiet out too since it's been cloudy all day, and it did rain a little during my journey, but I loved the stillness! Got in about 4 miles of walking/jogging!
  • magslante
    magslante Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I did a 6km walk on a walking track near our home. It was a beautiful day.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Sounds like a great Saturday!
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    1297 steps yesterday...not too good sounding but I'm moving again. Today I will beat that.
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Spending my day chasing a puppy!!! I got "Zac" on Wednesday and have been up earlier, staying up later, and moving more ever since!! I need to get back to walking more though -- our weather is chilly and Zac is a little guy without much endurance for weather or walking -- but each day gets a little better!!
  • themedalist
    Options
    SnagTop wrote: »
    Spending my day chasing a puppy!!! I got "Zac" on Wednesday and have been up earlier, staying up later, and moving more ever since!! I need to get back to walking more though -- our weather is chilly and Zac is a little guy without much endurance for weather or walking -- but each day gets a little better!!

@SnagTop, a puppy or a dog is a GREAT way to sit less!

• Imagine_if
    Imagine_if Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Took the kiddos to the park today. Wasn't entirely active, but didn't sit either (stood around and talked to other parents).
  • RDancer5
    RDancer5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I spent my day at work, but did my best to walk to my colleagues offices when I needed something. And then I shook my bum at a Luke Bryan concert!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Glad to see everyone finding more ways to move it.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I spent my day walking through the park before and after a soccer game. Did casual walking through various stores afterward.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Glad to see everyone finding more ways to move it.

So am I!

I walked slowly on my treadmill this morning while reviewing a high senior project and portfolio on my iPad. Our local high school requires each senior to do a senior project and portfolio in order to graduate, and then community members review them and certify they have met that graduation requirement. For many of them, it's their first time giving a public presentation.

Walking slowly on my treadmill while reading on my iPad (and checking in with MFP) has been a game changer for me. Much less sitting and much more reading!