5/7 Sunday Day 7 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
uke8href91xz.jpg

Theme: WEEKEND!

Today's Challenge: Let's keep the activity going! Enjoy your Sunday but make it an active one. How will you spend today?

Supplemental Weekend Reading:
The Science of Why You Do Your Best Thinking While Walking
http://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/the-science-of-why-you-do-your-best-thinking-while-walking.html

Replies

• themedalist
    Options
    And here's a powerful visual as to why we do our best thinking while walking:

8ux6hjjg3nr7.jpg

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on my garage sale! It's beautiful weather and great to be outside!
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused I don't even know what day it is!! Posted this by accident on yesterday's feed so am pasting it here today since it's SUNDAY and NOT Saturday!!!

Spending my day chasing a puppy!!! I got "Zac" on Wednesday and have been up earlier, staying up later, and moving more ever since!! I need to get back to walking more though -- our weather is chilly and Zac is a little guy without much endurance for weather or walking -- but each day gets a little better!!
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Today's Sunday so it's grocery shopping day! I am usually out for hours when I grocery shop because I made a big loop on all the local groceries to get the best deals. It also gets me moving a lot and I get in a lot of steps cruising up and down each aisle. I may hit the trail again too if I have time!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,873 Member
    Options
    @SnagTop , a puppy is a perfect accessory for getting you out of the chair, :smiley: And when he is older he'll nag you to take him for walks.

Today is my rest day, so it will be a lazy day. I may do a little planting, but we'll see. I'll still try to get up and move around every hour, so I'm not just a couch potato. :smile:

The connection between walking and thinking is really interesting. This is one reason why I skip the musical accompaniment to my walking, I appreciate the quiet time with my thoughts. Now, when I workout, then I like/need music.
  • Imagine_if
    Imagine_if Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bicycled outdoors 5.2 miles I looped from home to local Kmart and back home again in 36 minutes!

Sitting less is sorta fun :)
  • themedalist
    Options
    Imagine_if wrote: »

Sitting less is sorta fun :)

I completely agree, @Imagine_if !

To me, it's a lot more fun to get up and do and live an active, engaged life than it is to sit back and watch. I doubt anyone gets to the end of their life and thinks, "I really wish I had watched more TV"

• rkmeyer41
    rkmeyer41 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just separated 10 Romanesco seedlings....yesterday 5 varieties of tomatoes! Can't wait for planting time. Still a little cold here to put them out. Hoping for a beautiful northwest summer.
  • RDancer5
    RDancer5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great article! During my walk today, I definitely focused on being more present in my moment; noticing my awesome neighborhood and really enjoying the music I was listening to. I have started to really treasure this time in the morning <3
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Planning to head to the local park and take some pictures - finally a nice day out :) Then off to get the groceries.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Nice read and good graphic too. Bikes will be out after lunch. I did stairs this morning, taking laundry down and up, and to the yard to dry in some sunshine. So glad the weather is warm.

And for some inspiration to Move It, Move It:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcTmpvDO0I
  • jdelgado3013
    jdelgado3013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a "Tabletote Portable Compact Lightweight Adjustable Height Laptop Notebook Computer Stand" from Amazon for just $29.99 (Not a commercial).
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41P5pYd2xjL.jpg
    rtjjn0fwwp1j.png
  • jdelgado3013
    Options
    Its time I do my computer assignments STANDING UP.
  • jdelgado3013
    Options
    BTW, the TableTote is portable. I will take it with me.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Nice read and good graphic too. Bikes will be out after lunch. I did stairs this morning, taking laundry down and up, and to the yard to dry in some sunshine. So glad the weather is warm.

And for some inspiration to Move It, Move It:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcTmpvDO0I

Thanks, @retirehappy for the awesome video. Let's all Move It, Move It!
  • themedalist
    Options
    I just purchased a "Tabletote Portable Compact Lightweight Adjustable Height Laptop Notebook Computer Stand" from Amazon for just $29.99 (Not a commercial).
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41P5pYd2xjL.jpg
    rtjjn0fwwp1j.png

Thanks @jdelgado3013 for letting us know about this computer stand.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Until this challenge, I did not admit to myself that I am a pro at sitting. I wrenched my back yesterday evening and am hoping that taking it easy today will help with the pain and stiffness. Looking forward to feeling better and getting back on track tomorrow.
  • themedalist
    Options
    pizzafruit wrote: »
    Until this challenge, I did not admit to myself that I am a pro at sitting. I wrenched my back yesterday evening and am hoping that taking it easy today will help with the pain and stiffness. Looking forward to feeling better and getting back on track tomorrow.

"Sitting pro"...I like that!

@pizzafruit, hope you feel better soon!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Not nearly moving enough today! I have been decluttering our laundry room/office today and it's a lot of going through old files and cleaning drawers. I'm planning to get out and take a walk yet and am going to read the article posted above standing at the kitchen counter. Getting up during commercials tonight when couch time comes...
    Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm a writer and I used to have my treadmill in my office and would take breaks to walk whenever I was stuck or needed to think something through. It was very helpful.