Who is in for a 12 week makeover? What is everyone's goals?

Options
KrazyDaizy
KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
My goal is to go down 2 dress sizes. I don't weigh myself, but I usually know what size I am so a smaller waist is what I'm going for at this time. :)

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I think thats a great goal! I fixate on the scale too much, which is one of my many flaws. I wpuld love to be in the 150s by the end of this 12 week period...even if its 159.9 haha. And just fuel my body with the proper nutrient rich foods its needs to help push me at the gym. When you eat good you feel good!
  • mady2806
    mady2806 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just want to feel good again. I was on a roll starting weight watchers and then I switched jobs, my mom has skin cancer, my dad cracked 4 ribs and just life happened. I tend to turn to food when I'm stressed and it's been a stressful month. My goal is to exercise more and get my family eating healthier so that it will be easier for me. Love this.
  • Lisaa00510
    Lisaa00510 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! My goal is to lose 15 lbs, and hopefully get rid of my belly! I am aiming to work out at least 3x a week and strive to get at least 10,000 steps a day on my fitbit. Also, I am hoping to eat better/cleaner =)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    These all sound awesome!!! I'm the same way@mady, so I am really trying hard not to turn to food for comfort. I have had a LOT of life stress since about august of last year, and my weight loss has been very dismal since then. I remember getting down to 176 in December, and the lowest I have gotten is 168. My bday is in august, so I want to look my best for my dirty 30. We all set very realistic goals, and I'm excited to see your guys' progress!!
  • alene14
    alene14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just finished the book Zero Sugar diet. It's a great one, and has me motivated to finally get this done! My goals for this challenge are to:

1) Lose 18 lbs.
    2) Exercise 5-7 days per week (I'm at 4 to 5 now)
    3) Eat a high fiber, low sugar, mainly whole foods diet
    4) Limit myself to two "splurges" per week - meals or treats that are just for pleasure and not for fueling my body.
    5) Lose body fat and increase muscle and definition.

I'll weigh in tomorrow and post here for accountability!
  • TigerLily100
    TigerLily100 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just joined, hello everyone :)

My goal is to reach 147lb by July 21st when I go on holiday.

I am currently 161lb - so 14lb to loose in about 11 1/2 weeks.

I will still have a further 21lb to loose once I return - but that's another challenge for the future :)

I am also aiming to get in 10 hours of intentional physical exercise per week as follows:
    3 hours cardio in gym
    3 hours weight training
    3 hours horse riding
    1 hour road cycling or swimming
    I am currently averaging about 6 hours exercise per week.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My aim is to get 150 minutes of exercise in every single week. I don't want to have a weight goal, because I know it would just frustrate me and make me obsess, but an exercise goal is perfect for me!
    Just hoping to feel good. I'm being treated for tuberculosis, but I also have to get in shape for firefighting academy, so I'm struggling with the constant fatigue from the meds and disease process while I'm trying to get very fit in terms of both weight and cardio.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I created a new post with my details. This is my first post and challenge, so I'll eventually get the hang of how it works lol.
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My goal is to lose 10 lbs. We can do this!!!!
  • fussybritches2
    fussybritches2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have never done a challenge like this before and am in search of some additional motivation by fellow MFPers. I got 15 pounds I'd like to lose. Keep up with my 5x week training schedule and not go on so many weekend overindulgences!!
  • Lisaa00510
    Lisaa00510 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So I wanted to try to get 10,000 steps a day.. didn't quite make it yesterday.. so, I want to alter my goal to get it at least 5 of the 7 days a week. It's hard to get so many steps in sitting at a desk all day :( did well food wise yesterday - so that's a plus, gotta keep with it !
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Just joined this challenge! My goal for the next 12 weeks is to lose at least 10 pounds. To do that I need stop eating at night ( I eat at least 500 calories sitting in front of my computer catching up on shows or just browsing). It is an awful habit and has caused me to gain 30 pounds. I also plan on exercising more. I've been pretty lazy with exercise this past winter. I'm ready for warm weather so I can do a lot of walking! And I also go to zumba class. I've been slacking a little with that too. I've been trying and failing to lose the weight I gained for like 6 months now. I want to succeed!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    I am a HUGE night time snacker. I usually will have a 100 cal whipped greek yogurt, 150 cal pack choc covered almonds or a fiber one brownie for a bedtime snack. Old habits die hard and i just replaced del taco chili cheese fries and churros for a little snack. I love to eat myself silly and go in a food coma, which is a terrible habit as well.

You will succeed if you work for it@zumba!!! It takes 21-66 days to create/break a habit, so this challenge might help you break away from the bad snacking. Try switching to air popped popcorn, or 100 cal packs of something until you can fully break the habit(just my 2 cents):)
  • lissa11263
    lissa11263 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I do have a total weight loss goal in mind but I really need to spend some time thinking about what is realistic for the 12 weeks and I'd like to set a goal for losing inches/body fat as well.

I have just started logging my weight and food and just the daily activity information from S Health for exercise. I haven't established an exercise routine yet but I had great success in the past with Body for Life so I'd like to try to get back into that if possible. I did that for 11 weeks (it's a 12 week challenge) until a hip injury slowed me down and I went from a size 12 to a size 6. I only lost 5 lbs. but got very lean and lost a bunch of inches/body fat. It really emphasizes weight training with cardio only 20 min. 3xs/week. That was many years ago and I'm in much worse shape and much older now so I'll have to work into it slowly I'm sure. For now I don't plan to join a gym so will have to work from my weight bench and free weights at home and I'll likely just start with some walking for the cardio piece. I truly wouldn't feel comfortable going to a gym at this point. :( I have terrible foot pain (my doc said metatarsalgia) so I ordered two pair of "Shape Up" tennis shoes which are supposed to be good for people with foot problems. We shall see! TMI?! :p

I need to take all my measurements and record them. Once I do that (probably this weekend) I'll set my 12 week goals an post them ok?
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE night time snacker. I usually will have a 100 cal whipped greek yogurt, 150 cal pack choc covered almonds or a fiber one brownie for a bedtime snack. Old habits die hard and i just replaced del taco chili cheese fries and churros for a little snack. I love to eat myself silly and go in a food coma, which is a terrible habit as well.

You will succeed if you work for it@zumba!!! It takes 21-66 days to create/break a habit, so this challenge might help you break away from the bad snacking. Try switching to air popped popcorn, or 100 cal packs of something until you can fully break the habit(just my 2 cents):)

Popcorn is a good idea! I'll buy some when I go go the store later. See my problem is I can't stop myself after having 1 snack. So I end up having 2 or 3.
  • junebb
    junebb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi all-

It looks like this group is just getting started, I would love to join in!
    I do better when I have a support system to be accountable to.

My goal:
    is to be down 18 lbs or 2 dress sizes in 3 months. Currently @180. We are going on a cruise in Aug and I know I can do it! Then I would like to lose another 12 and maintain it for a family event next summer (and maintain forever, really...)

My plan is to cut out sugar, evening snacks, watch calories in/ calories out, and start using elliptical or exercise bike. (I used to run daily on my treadmill until my knees gave out. I miss it).

Good luck to all, I look forward to your updates! We can do this together :)
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm Sheila. I was in a year-long group, but it just ended (long story). I'm an orphan! I started MFP at Christmastime, and have lost 10 pounds so far. I'd like to lose 5 more in the next 12 weeks- that's about right for me. If more, so be it!

I'd also like to fall out of my 12's and fit nicely into my 10's (which is a lot of my wardrobe). I've been working out 4-5 times a week, but started doing some intense one-hour ones in a gym class 1-2x/week. I hope this group will keep me accountable into the summer, as there's a wedding in August and a reunion/vacation in September. I want to look awesome(r)!

By the way, there's a challenge group going for late night snacking, where you admit your wins and losses. Some of you might want to join as I have. Let's rock this summer!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Hello, everybody! I'm getting back on track after a (rather prolonged) break. I start a masters course in October and am using that as an excuse to finally get these last 30 lbs off. A similar excuse worked for the first 30!

The ultimate goal is to reach 65 kg (143 lb) by 4th September. I've set a bunch of mini-goals along the way too, and this challenge happens to coincide with one of them. I plan to reach 69 kg (152 lb) by the end of these 12 weeks.

Exercise will include light cardio at first, followed by calisthenics a few days in, and finally lifting once I have saved up enough to renew my gym membership :# . As far is food is concerned, I will try to incorporate more greens into my diet, and lay off the takeout menu. I will track my progress with a weighing scale and clothing sizes.

Thanks for starting this challenge, dumb_blondes_rock! All the best, everyone!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Welcome Greenicefloes! The more the merrier. Sounds like you have a great plan. Have a salad everyday. It really helps me to prep some cut up veggies for a couple. Put something special on them too, like garbanzo beans, olives or sunflower seeds to elevate them. I don't like plain greenery, so maybe even arugula or radicchio mixed in there. So many choices to make them pretty and tasty. Good luck on reaching your goals- but we know it's really not luck, but some hard work and hard choices. You got this! This is your time to get it done. :)
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »
    Welcome Greenicefloes! The more the merrier. Sounds like you have a great plan. Have a salad everyday. It really helps me to prep some cut up veggies for a couple. Put something special on them too, like garbanzo beans, olives or sunflower seeds to elevate them. I don't like plain greenery, so maybe even arugula or radicchio mixed in there. So many choices to make them pretty and tasty. Good luck on reaching your goals- but we know it's really not luck, but some hard work and hard choices. You got this! This is your time to get it done. :)

Thanks, @SheilaCali ! It helps so much to do this in a group. I'm going to join that late-night snacking group as well because I end up going over my calories only because of the mindless snacking I do post-midnight. And those are some great tips; I'm going to add all that to my grocery list. :smile: