New to MFP..Looking for friends

Options
akasharuns
akasharuns Posts: 8 Member
Hiya ,

Just like the title says , I am in the market ! I am 21 yrs old , and my focus is mostly upon running 5-10Ks. I am an OCD logger , so you can always count on me being around...watching...waiting...stalking. I am just kidding! Us runners have seen too many shows of CSI to find that funny! Its almost ALWAYS the runner that gets it.
Anyway , feel free to add! I'll cheer you on! Its best to surround ourselves with those who inspire us to be better!

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm not a steady food logger but I log all of my runs. I use the food diary to keep me in check now and then when things aren't happening in the scale like they should, but not when things are going right. I love seeing other runners in my newsfeed.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Happy to share motivation. Feel free to add.
  • camoballerina91
    camoballerina91 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm a regular 5-10k runner. I'm slowly getting in to longer distances and have a marathon planned for next March to keep me motivated and focused on a goal. I log pretty regularly, sometimes I forget and miss a meal or two but I try to go in the next day and fill any blanks. Add me if you want :).
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I'm always keen for new runner friends!
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am close to graduation day on the C25K and I plant to follow with the 10K training after that. My first 10K is in October and I log my meals every day.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me. I don't always log everything, but I'm on every day, checking other runner's feeds and cheering them on.
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Add me also. Don't really log any food anymore. It was be impossible to log everything I eat (training for ultra's will make you to eat everything in sight). I love all things running and like to see what other runners are up to.

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Anyone can always feel free to add me. I am always commenting, supporting, and blogging.
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I came here today to make a friend thread, to find that you already did :) Thank you! I'll add others from above, and anyone coming along later can add me too.

I started c25k just over 7 months ago, and I'm still pushing myself.

I like following the training routines, generally 5 days a week, and I always post my stats - pace, cadence, heartrate, all that good stuff.

Currently adding weekly distance, prepping to begin a training plan for either a HM or full marathon early November.
  • MonicaAnn50
    MonicaAnn50 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I recently jumped back onto the app. Looking to do a full marathon in Dec./Jan. and another ultra in February if I can convince another person to train with me. Happy running!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I appreciate runner friends. I run about three times per week, and play tennis.
    I have been slow due to a meniscus tear. But I have been running through it and the last month or so I have been running well. I think I am getting over it. Some tears can actually heal. I am probably a bit too old to hope for that, but the pain has been going away. Fingers crossed.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I may add some of you, too... or feel free to add me if you like. I've been here for a while, but haven't really used the "friend" feature.
  • jurapak9960
    jurapak9960 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I try to run between 12-18 miles per week and get in a few races a month to keep myself motivated!
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me.

I love running. Was forced to take 9 months off after an injury, so appreciate it so much more now.

Slowly building up my distance again.

Happy to support.