What Mini Goal is motivating you right now?

Options

Replies

• mom2wessarah
    mom2wessarah Posts: 72 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I like mini goals. Seems to break down the huge journey down and make it more manageable. I'd like to lose 20lbs before my family vacation with friends in June. You may say that seems fast, but I always lose a good bit the first week I pay attention. Maybe it's water weight, but I'll take it!
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Anyone getting close to achieving their mini Goal? I am one pound away... just wanted to remind you all to check in so we can celebrate with you.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    dawnz75 wrote: »
    Anyone getting close to achieving their mini Goal? I am one pound away... just wanted to remind you all to check in so we can celebrate with you.

I stalled the past couple weeks, maybe I'll hit it by next week and beat 250 for the first time in years.
  • gazellefish
    gazellefish Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    7lbs to go till 220 and my next 20lbs increment goal reward! Trying to do it by early June, so I think it's possible.
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at 201, so I'm just two pounds away from my mini goal =) Hopefully it'll happen this week!
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just decided to go to my son's Marine MOS graduation in California in late June. It's out in the desert so we are looking at 100 degree days! I don't know about y'all but I want to feel comfortable wearing summer clothing..............so mini goal is I have been doing the elliptical every day for the last 6 and plan to try to do the elliptical or treadmill for 30-60 min every day until we leave.
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    anna4anna wrote: »
    My immediate mini-goal is to hit the 190s or "Onederland", I am 1.4lbs away so I anticipate this will happen by next weigh-in if my trending is even halfway consistent. Next mini-goal that should be attainable within ~4 weeks will likely be my 90lbs lost milestone.

Both mini-goals complete! Next one will be 100lbs lost milestone...8 lbs away.
  • llh794
    llh794 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to lose 20 pounds by July 1. I've lost 9 pounds so I feel like I'm off to a good start.
  • TheVonada
    TheVonada Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Last weekend, I went back to my parents' house and went through a bin of clothes in my old bedroom that were from my first few years of college, including some jeans, shorts, and a bunch of t-shirts. I'm happy to say that the pants fit again, but the t-shirts are a little tight, so my next non-scale goal is getting those shirts to fit, now that I've brought them to my apartment!
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Currently I am about 6 weeks out from going to California. I have increased my workouts and decreased my calories. This is a temporary push toward looking my best on vacation. After that I will take a week long diet break where I eat at maintenance and resume my normal workout schedule of 4 days a week.

So my mini goal is 270 by June 26th. That's right at 2# a week.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am trying to hit 284 by June 1st. I am 4 lbs from goal so it will be close and I don't want to eat too much under my goal. I have a doctors appointment on the 1st and want to do it as a surprise. He's been on me for years to lose weight and I always said sure but never did. But showing up at 129kg instead of the 134kg would be a pretty big loss for me.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be down to below 310 lbs when I see my PCP at the end of June. I checked in at 319 this week, so I have 4 weeks to lose 12 lbs. I say 12 because I weigh in in the morning when my weights the lowest, but the appointment is at 3 pm - so I need to lose enough to account for the daily gain plus my clothing and shoes lol, and I hope that would be enough to register as 310 for the appointment. Even if I don't get that goal, I know my doctor is going to be estatic that I'm down to the 310's, so it will be a good visit regardless!
  • kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    For some reason they frown on you getting naked to weigh in!!!!! LOL :p
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on what kind of appointment it is! lol
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I hit my mini goal this morning! I am 284 for the first time in 5 years. I am also going to be 5kg less than I was at last appointment with doc. My resting heart rate is in high 60's/low 70's range. So while I do have work to do it is a marked improvement over the high 70's I was at.

Next mini goal is going to be 10kg (weight of 124.4kg or 274.25lbs) off my last doc weigh-in. I am going to try for 5 weeks, June 21st it is. I have a doctors appointment every 2-3months so if I can manage 10kg between appointments I'll be shocked. I know weight loss slows down but I got a long way before that becomes an issue.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just found this chat ... my next mini goal is to get to 60lbs down ... this is the midpoint of my weight loss journey. Right now I am about 50lbs down; it's getting hard to lose because I am relocating to a new country so my usual routine its upside down now .. eating a lot of carbs and not exercising as often. But I hope as I get familiar with my new city I will be able to get back to losing 1.5 to 2lbs / week.

I will keep you posted!
  • abbelina04
    abbelina04 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My new mini goal is to reach the 50lb weight loss mile stone! I just reached my 30lb mile stone so now 20 more lbs to go!