Day 22 May 8th

Options
SweetPeasMom55
SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
miles are in
Spent yesterday at the hospital with mom and grandma. They say Grandma is down to her last few days they are starting a Morphine drip and will see how it goes.

Replies

• LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo : sorry to hear that you are going through such tough times. :(

Well, I have typed out long posts the past few days then accidentally pressed done instead of post reply.. Hopefully I will remember to press the right button today lol.

My weight is up a little because I intentionally had high carb/high calories weekend. I wanted to see if it made a difference in my run, for the race yesterday. It did. I had my best run since November & felt pretty good. It was cold & windy, but no walkers past me while I was running this year. I think I will continue to run & walk as often as possible until I can start up heavy lifting in the summer, when kids are out of school & I don't have to worry about getting them to school.

My goals are the same as always... Just trying to keep healthy & active during busy times. Back to low carbs today!

Have a great Monday!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I am sorry about your grandma.

@lpeltenburg great job on your best run.

I didn't set too many goals this weekend, finish 7k, stay hydrated, get steps, squat challenge, don't go crazy on food. I did awesome!

I finished the 7k 3 minutes faster than I did last September, in 3000 feet higher elevation and hills. I was just hoping to not die.

Also took my measurements last night, I am showing at least a half inch if not more in all but 1 place.

Today's Goals
    15000 steps
    Under calories
    Gym time
    Clean either closet or pantry.
    Try to do hogwash challenge

Week goals:
    No sugar stuff 0/5
    gym 0/4
    15000 0/ 7
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    2020pinktogo ((((hugs)))) sorry to hear about grandma

lpeltenburg awesome!!!

Up a bit this week, i have been working hard outside, drinking more water, and eating a bit more fuel. I know it will come down.

I guess I missed the boat on getting added to the spreadsheet, but if no one minds, I will just check in here once in awhile for inspiration and pick me up :smiley:

• RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo very sorry to read about your grandmother
    @lpeltenburg congrats on your run! Very nice!
    @jdelaroy Nice work this weekend!! Congrats on the 7k!
    @Lilymay2 :)

Good Monday morning everyone! Weekend went well, but been feeling under the weather the last couple days. Probably have what my kids had, I'm just resisting it better since I'm taking all these vitamins!

Saturday I wasted another loss on a crappy dinner at O'Charley's with the family. Thankfully, I had my wine BEFORE going out. I just don't know how a paper thin, truly less than 5 oz. piece of prime rib can be 800 calories in a restaurant. What in the WORLD do they do to it!?! Anyway...

Today's goals are:
    1. Eat according to plan!
    2. Drink 6-8 glasses of water.
    3. Take my vitamins
    4. Read a chapter.
    5. 30 minutes of exercise, 10-12,000 steps

Friday's goal: To be down another 1-2 lbs.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone! Let's do this!

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    DAY 22:

Good Afternoon everyone and Happy Monday. Where did the day go. Happy to say that today I finished spring cleaning the basement....just gotta pick up the little dust piles I swept up and its all done. Put loads of more stuff up for sale on FB. I just hope people buy them so they can go. Next will be my garage which I hope it will be this week some time. Today I also cleaned our downstairs area which is kitchen, living, and dining rooms. Dusted up on the cabinets, cleaned my steel hood above the stove and cleaned out my oven. Sorted out paper work and doing laundry at the same time. My boys were such a big help and the little one was wiping stuff down with a rag lol. I'm feeling very accomplished today. Its been drizzling on and off but we still get a few rays of sun come through and that really helps with my mood. Now I am just gonna go do that final thing in the basement and wait for some folks to come pick up some of the stuff I'm selling. After will do a bit of shopping and dinner time. So tired.

@RejsGirl - I hope you feel better soon. Those vitamins should do the trick.

@Lilymay2 - It will come down just keep doing what your doing. Good luck on your goals this week!

@jdelaroy - Congrats on your 7K and on your measurements!!

@lpeltenburg - Great job with your run and don't worry about being up in weight. I heard from several people who have done races that this is quite common. Something about water retention. It will be down before you know it! Good luck with your goals!

@2020pinktogo - I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I send you and your family all my love and pray that you all find some peace in your hearts during these difficult days.

MY GOALS:

- COMPLETE 4 GYM SESSIONS THIS WEEK
    0/4 GYM SESSIONS COMPLETED
    - COMPLETE 1 AQUA GYM SESSION THIS WEEK
    0/1 GYM SESSIONS COMPLETED
    - DRINK ATLEAST 2 LITERS OF WATER 7/7 DAYS
    0/7 DAYS COMPLETED
    - NO CARBS FOR DINNER 5/7 DAYS
    0/5 DAYS COMPLETED
    - EAT VEGGIES AT EVERY MEAL 5/7 DAYS
    0/7 DAYS COMPLETED
    - LOG EVERYTHING IN MY DIARY 7/7 DAYS (THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY)
    0/7 DAYS COMPLETED

103775544.png
  • bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    This past week was better, although I'm having a tough time starting to exercise. I don't know why I keep putting it off. I guess I never did it much in my entire life...as a kid I preferred the library, and even now I'd rather read a book than anything else. That's why I need to just do it. Soon I can join the pool again. I'm just waiting until my husband's foot surgery heals so he can go too. I hate paying for it if he can't go yet, so that's why I'm waiting.

I am going to set my goal for this week at 20 minutes a day doing some kind of exercise. This week I'm going to do it! I will try to get it in first thing in the morning and then it will be done and I won't have to think about it.
  • kimmysue100
    kimmysue100 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma! Sending big hugs your way!
    @RejsGirl Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! It is frustrating having a crappy dinner & it being 800 calories! I know you will hit you weight loss goal for the week though! :)
    @mari_moulin Wow! You make me tired just reading about all your cleaning! Way to go! It feels good to declutter & makes you think, why didn't I do this before??
    @bobkat80 I know how you feel with exercise! I do find that if I do it in the morning, I feel better & don't make excuses why I can't exercise throughout the day. You can do it!!

Well I've been busy & haven't had time to jump on here to check in. I had a pretty good weekend. My parents are in town for my son's band concert this evening. For the most part, I've stayed on plan. I even planted my garden yesterday! I'm so excited! I have another busy week, so I need to plan ahead to stay on track.

Goals for the week
    Journal/log everything that I put into my mouth
    Drink 8-10 glasses of water
    Exercise at least 3 times (parents are in town until Wednesday, & then my sister comes on Friday)
    Plan meals & try one new recipe

Have an awesome Monday everyone & keep up the great work!!! B)
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers!!!

@2020pinktogo I'm sorry about your grandma. I know you have the strength to be the rock that everyone in your family needs right now but don't forget to give yourself time to feel these hard emotions and grief.

@Lilymay2 don't worry about missing the spreadsheet; you're part of the group regardless. Looking forward to hearing from you wherever you check it :)

@kimmysue100 nice going with the garden!! Especially well done over the weekend with visitors and all those events!

Yesterday was a great day; just what I wanted for the weekend. Roller skating was fun. I did eat a bit more carbs and went a little over my goal but it was planned. Last week was pitch perfect but my weight didn't budge... after yesterday's carb up I had a nice whoosh and woke up to the lowest weight of the year :)

New week, time to set some more goals and go after them. The plan is to eat within calories/macros, keep eating later in the day to keep the late snacks at bay, do my training, chin-ups, steps, water and lots of sleep.

Let's have a fabulous Monday!!!
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo, sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sometimes there comes a point where we just have to let go, and this might be here time. Big hugs to you and your family.

@lpeltenburg, Congrats on the PR with your race! That's totally awesome.

@jdelaroy, NSVs all around. Awesome job on your race! That's a fantastic improvement, especially with the environmental changes. And inches down is always super exciting! I love when clothes fit better or I get to buy smaller sizes. :)

@Lilymay2, come visit. We're friendly!

@RejsGirl, my housemate has been sick for almost three weeks now with this nasty throat/sinus thing that makes her frequently lose her voice, cough, and sound like she is a ten-pack-a-day smoker. I'm trying really hard not to catch it and hoping that she'll feel better asap. Vitamins can definitely help! Sorry that you had a crappy restaurant dinner. It's always sad when the calories eaten just aren't worth it.

@mari_moulin, sounds like you got a ton accomplished! I hope that you can get the stuff shifted as soon as possible.

@bobkat80, like @kimmysue100, I find working out in the morning really helps get my day off to a good start. I know that way that the workout is safely done and doesn't rely on me feeling up to it after work or not having another commitment. Plus, I think I'm more likely to eat right knowing that I put all that exercise work in already, and I don't want it to be for nothing. I hope that you can get back into it soon and that your husband's foot surgery recovery goes smoothly! Sounds like you have a good goal to get back into it.

@kimmysue100, sounds like you had a good weekend and got a lot accomplished. My little front garden may not become a reality this year. We'll see!

@danelutza19, glad you had a great day! Sounds like you had fun and planned sensibly for what you were doing. You make me want to roller skate, even if I'm not sure it would be a good idea, lol. (My balance/equilibrium is not the best, though I've been slowly working on it.)

@TerriRichardson112, Guardians was awesome! There were a couple spots where I felt the violence (even cartoon-ish as it was) was a bit overblown, but I'm probably not the target demographic for those parts. Overall, it was entertaining, silly, touching, and so funny in parts that I actually had tears running down my face and my cheeks ached from all the smiling.

@Kenda2427, you're right! The obstacles definitely made it more fun, although I would have appreciated if the weather cooperated a little more.

Sunday's weather was totally, annoyingly miserable for May--around 2C/35F and drizzle/rain the whole time. But I really enjoyed myself anyway! I dressed in layers, waterproofed my phone and Fitbit, and just decided that if I was going to be wet and cold, so be it. In fact, there were actually a couple spots where I was almost a bit too warm, which I guess means I layered effectively! It was really a beginner obstacle course, which was a nice way to get introduced to obstacles. The most annoying were the push-ups and burpees because you only go wetter touching the ground doing them. But the run was through a federal park, so there was lots of nature, and it was pretty hilly, which I don't normally run, so I figured it was quite good for me! I was able to cheer on three of my co-workers as they finish, as well as see off some other co-workers who were doing the regular 5K and the 10K. We ended up leaving after that, though, because by then we were wet through and no longer warmed by the exercise. I'm very glad I participated, and I hope that I can do so again next year--but maybe in slightly better weather. ;)

Had Chinese after and got to eat some of those bean paste sesame balls that are a total treat, so it was a pretty awesome day all round for me!

If you could all send positive wishes into the universe for dry weather here, it would be much appreciated. We've got flooding all over the place, roads washed out, the army deployed, co-workers who have to work from home because they literally can't get to work. It's crazy and a bit scary! (I live on a hill, so I'm fine, but it's pretty freaky for those on flood plains.)

Hope Monday is going well for everyone!
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Feeling great! Finally lost what I had gained last weekend from the bbq. Yay!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone is busy these days!
    Sorry to hear about your grandma @2020pinktogo
    @ariel1116 nice work!!

Been a busy weekend for me trying to get the last stuff done before the house gets lifted on Wednesday. Utilities being disconnected today and we moved into a camper yesterday for the next couple of weeks. Exciting but very stressful. No routine to food and eating out a lot. Not sure how the next couple of weeks will pan out on the scale :s

Do the best I can for now and not stress about it till things settle down.

Today's goals
    10,000 steps
    eat to my plan
    stay under calories

Have a happy Monday everyone!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,199 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo, sorry to hear about your grandma ***hugs-***

Today, going by fast, getting chores done plus getting a morning workout in. Looking forward to the weekend, with my daughter and grandkids!

Today's goals.
    1. Evening yoga
    2. Walk outside hopefully
    3. Stay under calories.
    4. Start replanting my flowers in bigger pots, :)

<3<3 Let's make this happen! <3<3
    Weeks goals
    1. Hogwarts, Ilvermorny, Biggest Losser and GoT challenges
    2. A couple outside workouts
    3. Yoga Camp
    4. Preplan Sat/Sun menu and workouts
    5. No late night snacking
    6. Lunches for the week (hubby)
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Incredible day! I actually turned down free pizza and cupcakes!!!!! #willpower
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. :'( May things go as smoothly as possible and may she rest in peace when its time for her to go. She will always be with you in your mind and heart.

@everyone else great work on all your goals. I am sorry I don't have the energy or time to post to each of you. Give me a couple days and i will have more time to comment.

So week 4 isn't starting out too good with exercises, but everything else is on target.
    With my other challenge starting there is a CRAP TON of sitting time in front of the computer to get everyone strait on what to do and such.

I will check in with you all tomorrow. MAYBE I will have more time to respond to you all. I HOPE..LOL