Day 24: May 10

Options
fitphoenix
fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
Happy Wednesday, everyone! Sounds like everyone has a lot going on in their lives right now. I've noticed that several of my groups are quieter than normal. It's all about trying to find a work/life/health balance!

Weather is still cool here but should be nice enough for me to walk outside at lunch again, which is always nice. I did level 1 of Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 this morning, and now I'm feeling accomplished. ;)

Hope the day goes great for everyone!

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    We actually had. No rain yesterday. I still used the treadmill at lunchtime. A couple of the girls walked to Tim Hortons. They are all look at us I want to say back and forth is not a mile and your getting a drink with a zillion calories. I did well I kept my comments to myself ;)

I think I am amazed at how sedentary my new job is. The only time my fitbit shows any activity is when I exercise. Quite an eye opener.

Have a great day!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day!
    @2020pinktogo : good job resisting Tim Hortons.

Had a rough day at work yesterday. I thought for sure there must have been a full moon. The full moon is today, so I hope that doesn't mean another repeat of a crappy, rude customer day! I am more mentally prepared to deal with it because I got a little more sleep. I still woke up at 4:30, but I went to bed early. DH feeds his stress with chips & tried to buy me some low carb food. He used to being me ice cream & wine, lol. This time he brought beef jerky, which is still high in carbs & sugar, so our son took it. It was funny. DS said "it has 10g of sugar dad, you have to read your labels"... Maybe I should suggest that he brings me flowers next time I have a crappy day.

My goals for today are:
    -Stick to calories & macros
    -prep supper before going to work
    -keep smiling.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @fitphoenix It does seem pretty quiet around MFP lately. I hope it picks up a little.

@2020pinktogo Great job on the lunch exercise. A year or so ago, I would have been very proud of myself for walking to any store and back, even if I didn't know I was undoing it all with calories. Good job keeping comments to yourself.

@lpeltenburg I understand stressful days at work. I was out of work on Monday, my boss emails to tell me my other boss cancelled a meeting I was supposed to be in on Monday (made it sound like it was cancelled because I wasn't here.) Found out, he cancelled it for a different reason. Then decides I need to train one of my co-workers on something I have spent weeks (3-4) training her on. She didn't bother to mention this in the email she sent me, so I was unpleasantly surprised when my co-worker showed up 5 minutes after I did and wanted me to train her. So instead of 1 day behind, I am now almost 2 days behind. Grr.

As you can tell, I had an irritating day yesterday, and guess what? I ate all that stress/irritation. So I did lousy on my goals. I wanted to go to the gym last night, my eldest had a late day at club yesterday, so no gym for me. Had no one to watch the rugrats. I did manage to do my squats though.

Yesterday's Goals:
    15000 Steps :)
    Under Calories :'(:( Not even close
    Gym Time :/
    Lunch Walk :s
    Positive attitude (Already grumpy so going to be hard.) Meh, I didn't kill or snap at anyone.
    Patience (Training today.) :)

Today's Goals:
    UNDER CALORIES
    15000 steps
    Gym time
    Lunch walk
    Hogwarts Challenge
    No Sugar
    Focus @ work
    Pay insurance

Week goals:
    No sugar stuff 1/5
    gym 1/4
    15000 1/ 7
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy I can so relate to your day. Yesterday was a disaster. I did NOTHING even remotely productive, but I did eat fairly well. Today HAS to be better. Thank you all for your well wishes concerning my echo. I had it done and I'm happy to report that everything is fine and looks normal. SO back to regularly scheduled programming...lol.

Today's Goals:
    1. Eat properly and log my food
    2. Drink 6-8 glasses of water (4 down already)
    3. Exercise at least 30 minutes - 10,000-12,000 steps
    4. Take vitamins (done)
    5. Read a chapter in my book

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and I agree it seems everyone is very busy and lots of us are trying to manage stress on top of it all. I started well again but had to take my furbaby to the vet. Got a completely unexpected and devastating diagnosis. He is in heart failure and dying. I was in tears all night. Needless to say I ate to comfort myself. I am heartbroken at the thought of losing my little buddy. Today is staying home with him to monitor him as he starts a course of medication to help bring him comfort.
    My goals for today are simply to spend time with my four legged friend.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers!!!

@Kenda2427 I'm so sorry to hear about your furbaby. It seems like your plate is full but if you take it one day at a time this too shall pass. Hugs!

Yesterday was interesting, hit my goals. Got the training done early so I can go to the doctors app to make sure that spotting from last week wasn't serious. All is good and we decided to start birth control just for the peace of mind. I was stressed about it because most women experience weight gain from water retention. I was expecting the worst. When I got up this morning I was ready to see a bad move on the scale. I was socked that I actually lost weight and that left me perplexed.

Moving on, I'm going to give these pills time to acclimate in my system and move on with my life. The goal for today is to make it count: eat within calories/macros, train well, chin-ups, steps, water and good sleep. I will disregard the step goal if we end up going to the gym for some pool time.

Let's have a fabulous Wednesday!!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,223 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Kenda2427 So sorry about your little buddy. I know you are doing your best for him.
    @danelutza19 I glad your goals went well, and hope the doctor app goes well, too.

It's so difficult not eat your emotions. And 'Old habits die hard'. Today I went to visit a friend who lost her husband recently, and she put out all my favourites with coffee. I hadn't the heart to say no. Especially to the lemon drizzle cake.

:heart: Have a great day! :heart:
    :sunglasses: I know I will!!! :sunglasses:

Milestone 3: 7-16 May :sunglasses: Spring refocus on goals :sunglasses:

:heart: Starting Weight on 17/4/2017: 167 lbs
    2nd Milestone: Weight on 6 May 2017: 165.2 lbs :heart: :sunglasses:
    Goal weight: 157 lbs
    Every day, to help me achieve my weight loss goal, I will:
    :star: Prelog food ✅ 4/10 : follow through 4/10
    :star: Do 20+ minutes each of Strength 3/10 : Flexibility ✅ 4/10
    :star: Do 10000+ steps. 4/10
    :star: Drink a minimum of 8 cups liquid. 4/10
    :star: Take part in Sole Mates/GoTs/100 More Days Challenges. ✅ 4/10
    :star: Refrain from eating after 8 pm 7/10 days each week. 3/7
    :star: Refrain from eating after 9pm 3/10 days of my choice each 10 days 1/3

80464089.png

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Day 24 -

Good evening everybody. Hope you are all keeping strong. Im sorry i missed yesterday but I've been so busy with my spring cleaning that I haven't had time to really catch up with my groups. I am happy to say I have finished the basement and have gotten started with my garage. My house cleaning has come along nicely. I found an app to help me keep my cleaning organized which has been such a big help these last few days. Also just about done with laundry for this week (been doing it for 3 days!) now I'm doing all our bedding which is my last load. I also washed all out windows today!

My son has fallen ill again (darn daycare) so I am unable to go to the gym. So since I am stuck home I am taking advantage of this time to move forward with the spring cleaning. Hope he gets better soon because I do hate missing my gym time.

MY GOALS:

- COMPLETE 4 GYM SESSIONS THIS WEEK
    1/4 GYM SESSIONS COMPLETED
    - COMPLETE 1 AQUA GYM SESSION THIS WEEK
    0/1 GYM SESSIONS COMPLETED
    - DRINK ATLEAST 2 LITERS OF WATER 7/7 DAYS
    3/7 DAYS COMPLETED
    - NO CARBS FOR DINNER 5/7 DAYS
    0/5 DAYS COMPLETED
    - EAT VEGGIES AT EVERY MEAL 5/7 DAYS
    2/7 DAYS COMPLETED
    - LOG EVERYTHING IN MY DIARY 7/7 DAYS (THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY)
    3/7 DAYS COMPLETED

103775544.png
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,082 Member
    Options

@Kenda2427 sorry to hear about your dog ***hugs***

Just stoping to say way to meet your goals everyone. Plus for those who are struggling tomorrow is a new day, you can do this!!!!!

Today's goals.
    1. Evening yoga
    2. Morning run ✅
    3. Stay under calories.
    4. Start replanting my flowers in bigger pots ✅ (now need to get more flowers, lol)

<3<3 Let's make this happen! <3<3
    Weeks goals
    1. Hogwarts, Ilvermorny, Biggest Losser and GoT challenges
    2. A couple days of outside workouts
    3. Yoga Camp ...... ✅
    4. Preplan Sat/Sun menu and workouts
    5. No late night snacking ✅
    6. Lunches for the week (hubby) ✅
  • debbieinca
    debbieinca Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My goals are getting in the water,work out at least 4 times plan my meals, farmer market prep food on Sunday
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @Kenda2427 I am so sorry to hear about your baby. :'( Another friend on here just had to put hers down the other day due to advanced cancer they were unaware of. I hope you are able to keep him comfortable until the end. May he go peacefully.

TO all others... WHAT IS GOIN ON THIS WEEK ????? We are All having some sort of malfunction for some unknown reason.
    My "excuse" is the nice weather we finally got, witch is coming to an abrupt end tonight, and TOM is in my near future too. Today has been exceptionally rough for me. Mindless eating and not getting workouts done ...***SMH**
    WEEK 4 STATS...

1) Keep within my calorie goal. 5/7
    DONE 3/7

2) Drink a min of 75 oz of water PER DAY.
    DONE 87oz
    3) Run 3+ days per week 30+ min.
    have been getting in some HIKING in place of running so not a bad thing
    4) Reach my step goal of 14k EVERY DAY !
    DONE 3/7
    5) Jillian's 30 day shred AND The Aftershock workout MONDAY APRIL 24th -May 26th. Then I will continue the Aftershock workout and add the 9 ABS workout.
    2 days of 30D/S lvl 2 done but need to catch up a day. 10 days of lvl 2 and then on to Lvl 3 ! Metabolic Aftershock is now up a lvl also, DON'T care for one move on that one...OMG it's tough !
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Had a great day at the gym then went for a nice walk with my son.