Crackers with fiber

Options
tebasile27
tebasile27 Posts: 11 Member
What crackers are out there that have a good amount of fiber? I'm looking for something to have with cheese. Before I had to go GF, I loved Wasa bread so if there's anything plain, hearty, with fiber (fiber is most important) that's what I am looking for.

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @tebasile27 I like Mary's Crackers. They are not cheap though, but very crunchy and flavourful and satisfying. There are a lot of seeds involved though, in case you have any allergies. Here's a link about them. You can order them online too (free shipping over $59 and 10% off next order)
    marysgonecrackers.com/
    I can find them in my regular grocery store but I'm pretty certain you can get them also at any Whole Foods or other health type store too, if you don't need to order online.
  • tebasile27
    tebasile27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll look for those. :)
  • DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Mary's Gone Crackers can now be found at Costco. I bought 6 huge boxes when they were on sale for $5!! :) yay. Now the 26 ounce box is $8. STILL a good price.

Other wise, when I have time - I bake my own flax crackers. Easy.
    Here's how I make them...

-Preheat oven to 375
    -Grind flax seeds in blender to get a meal. ♪ I will also add in onion powder, garlic powder, ground chipotle peppers, other spices or Parmesan cheese to change flavors.
    -Mix with water until a dough you can spread.
    -Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
    -Spread out dough as evenly as you can. ♪ make it slightly thicker on all the edges, since they will dry out & cook faster. But with thicker edges, you can get a more even bake.
    -Score the dough with a knife. ♪ this will allow you to break the crackers into squares after they cool. :)
    -Bake 20 - 25 minutes. Or until it reaches your preferred doneness.
    ♪ HOWEVER - not all ovens are created equal. Watch your first batch and time it.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I'm trying something new... cracker chips made with cricket flour. Yep, the bugs. Organic, GF, sustainably farmed in Canada, and I enjoy the company's protein bars, so we'll see how the chips taste. Unfortunately they aren't cheap, but they do fit my macros with a fair bit of protein, lots of vitamins, and fairly low in carbs for cracker type things. Here's the link: https://crickstart.ca/
    r067fawd289r.png
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    They're not super high in fiber, but I love Simple Mills Fine Ground Sea Salt Almond Flour Crackers. They're so good!