5/11 Thursday Day 11 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
32t4mrk8dyrl.jpg

Theme: Spring Cleaning Project 2!

Today's Challenge: Back by popular demand! What clean-up project will you accomplish today? We've all got small projects around the house that we've been meaning to get to...let's get it done! It's a great way to keep moving and you'll feel great afterwards.

Alternative Challenge: Download a fitness app for your tablet or phone. Most of them are free! Why not try something out today?

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've got some organizing shelves coming in the mail today. Going to put them together and start organizing my laundry room. It's a disaster zone. Clean up the kid's room, today, too. THere's one high shelf in their room that is just a clutter magnet. Hoping to finally tackle it.

With this staying moving, I really am getting more things done, despite the fact that I'm always saying I don't have the time or energy (well, with two under 3yo, sometimes it's more a matter of needing them occupied, but still!).
  • themedalist
    Options
    jlbay wrote: »
    I've got some organizing shelves coming in the mail today. Going to put them together and start organizing my laundry room. It's a disaster zone. Clean up the kid's room, today, too. THere's one high shelf in their room that is just a clutter magnet. Hoping to finally tackle it.

With this staying moving, I really am getting more things done, despite the fact that I'm always saying I don't have the time or energy (well, with two under 3yo, sometimes it's more a matter of needing them occupied, but still!).

@jlbay, moving more has lots of benefits and you've touched on a key one: it gives you more energy to do more things. Bodies get really accustomed to what we do with them. If we sit for most of the day, they'll want to keep sitting. If we get up and move, keep at it, and give it some time, we will have more energy to do the things we want and need to do.

Your laundry room is going to look GREAT!
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I will bring down my spring wreath from the attic, and put away items in our spare bedroom that need to go into the attic! That will be a good plan for me, today, after work!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    More filing... pre-recital and the studio looks like a bomb hit.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on my garage sale so this challenge for today will fit right in. I have to clean out the room above our garage which is full of things for the sale.
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mine's not much of a workout but I was looking at my clothes in my dresser this morning while putting away laundry (which is a task in itself with 6 people in a household) and I think after my daughter wakes up for the day I'm going to go through it all. No telling what I'll find lol. I have shorts from back when I was skinny that I can't wait to get back into! Oh and I have to go wedding shower shopping too.
  • aec709
    aec709 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    my spring cleaning project is files in the office. Also, this weekend planting my garden
  • pettu
    pettu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I cleaned my cupboards, in continuation with project house refurbish...also walked a lot up and down the stairs....
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Hello! Downloaded Interval Trainer. Want to motivate myself and start running.
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Continue to clean out my back bedroom. It was a storage dumping ground when I moved into my apartment last August. I've gone through about half of the boxes. My fiance moves in in 3 weeks and this is where the extra bed is going, so I'm under a time crunch! I will devote time tonight to work on it!
  • 3magnants
    3magnants Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm cleaning off my desk and the floor around it!
  • wolfeyez
    wolfeyez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have laundry to fold and put away and a bathroom that needs to be cleaned. Looks like tonight is the night as I actually have nothing going on after work!
  • lunabellz
    lunabellz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few projects to do and I really need them done. The men in my house drop their things on the hutch, kitchen table so I need to clean them off and put away. My bathroom needs cleaned and my books need organized. I have 4-5 shelf bookcases and 2-3 shelf. I think I need a forever to do list. :)
  • prairiepinecone
    prairiepinecone Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Today's agenda is mowing, fold laundry, and wash the dish mountain. :smile:
  • themedalist
    Options
    These are some awesome spring cleaning projects that you are doing! It does feel good to check it off the list, doesn't it?

I've got more work on the upstairs bedroom to do. I'm on it!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Since I started standing more at my stand-up desk and trying to use the restroom upstairs, my knee has really started to hurt. It's making it tough to keep with it but I'm trying. Tonight, I will clean out the bins in my basement for my seasonal clothing and take a run after work to donate what I am not keeping. It is my attempt at minimalizing my wardrobe. :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
    It was bathroom day. Nuff said.
  • RDancer5
    RDancer5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was able to get a lot done in my basement today, and was up and moving more during a certain part of my day than I would normally be. This is a good one to repeat!
  • Silinde
    Silinde Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I confess not doing either of both challenges. I had the kids yesterday evening and we came home late, so no time for cleaning. And I have enough fitness apps on my phone (more than I use, I use only 2 of them).
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,053 Member
    Options
    Wednesday was a huge cleaning day, so Thursday was back to paid employment, but I was pretty active. :)