Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Daily Check In (May 8-14)

AZLisaLou
AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
I'm still hoping we can get everyone back on a regular basis. @Kerryatoon and @Nadiamayl it's good to see you both here. Waiting for the others to hopefully come back.

Right now I'm focusing on my soda consumption (still doing pretty well) and getting my blood glucose readings down. I've got about 2 months until my next lab work for the doctor, and I'm really wanting to show him I can do this without increasing the meds.

Weight is still the same. Fluctuating between 257 and 260. It's been doing this since January. So happy to be involuntarily maintaining rather than gaining.

I gave up on my dream of having a Total Gym. It's $425, which would take me a real long time to save for. But everyone keeps telling me it's one of those things that gets used for 2 months then collects laundry forever. It has me worried that I will have wasted $425.

That's all my news. What's up with you??

Replies

• Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Hi! I'm still working on logging this week. Have logged for the last 2 days 100% and stayed at my cal goals. I'm back to 1300 cals since I'm not exercising much. I did get to row in a dragon boat this weekend which was fun but I'm sore! I'm having relatively minor surgery next week on my palette and then once I'm cleared for exercise I'm gonna no back to the gym. I feel good about meeting my goals the last week or two, going to keep it up! Boom.
    Good job on your sodas!!! That's a really big deal. What are your goals as far as logging? Are you trying to get back to that or just wanting to maintain for a bit?
    Anyhow... I'm glad to be back to working on it.
    Have a great week!
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    All good here. No gym for me this week so far. My body has just needed a break, so just logging carefully and keeping it at 1400 cal. However, I must not be logging too accurately because I'm still staying at 147-150 (155 when my body goes 'nanas). So if I'm to lose more I will have to start weighing and logging more in point. I'm ok where I'm at, co complaints and proud that I've managed to maintain without it feeling like a drag.
    Still would like to lift. @Kerryatoon , when you started 5x5 were you able to lift the empty bar (45lb) or how did you start? I'm scared that it's still too heavy!
    Glad to having you girls back! Let's see if anyone else pops in!! :smiley:
  • Kerryatoon
    @NadiaMayl glad to hear you're wanting to get started on the 5x5!! It is so much fun. In my gym, they have a "women's" Olympic bar that was only 35 lbs which is what I started with. It was taxing for overhead press and bench but I quickly wanted to add weight for squats and deadlifts. I say just try those exercises with 40lbs on the machines and see how it feels if you're worried about it being too much. Then you'll know that you're ready.
    Having a good day here. Just trucking along on my logging and feeling pretty good about meeting my goals. More focused on my macros the last two days and today I'm doing well at it too. Glad to be here!
  • Kerryatoon
    Good morning! I did awesome on my goals yesterday.. went ever so slightly over my cals to 1340 but met my macros & water goals. Went to dinner with a friend and got a steak and green beans which kept me neatly on the mark so I felt good about that. Tonight I actually get a tiny bit of time to just chill out... looking forward to some me time. Don't even get me started on politics.. I have to limit my exposure these days. And although I still feel hopeful and I am as actively involved in our democracy as much as possible, I can get down really quick about things. So I try to focus on my little community and do what I can there.. which includes first and foremost taking care of myself. So glad to be back in the swing of things. Found a friend that is going to my old gym and she wants me to come help her get started in the free weights room too AZLisaLou! Lol.. guess the universe is trying to tell me something :P Have a good day everyone!
  • Kerryatoon
    Good morning.. orning...orning... orning... Nice echo Lol. Its ok I was MIA for a long time so I'm cool with sitting here talking to myself for now. I'm having a good day.. went a little over my cals yesterday but still stayed under 1500 and I logged EVERYTHING so I'm ok with that. I've noticed that logging consistently means that even when I do go over a bit it isn't that crazy fall off the cliff and eat a pint of ben and jerry's F#*& it style. Happy Friday if anybody is listening! :)X
  • AZLisaLou
    AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
    I'm here lurking. Have been a bit on the depressed side of the bipolar spectrum this past week, so I've been quiet. Hoping it will lift soon. I'll be here this week coming up.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Give yourself the love and patience you would give anyone else going through a dip @AZLisaLou ! It will pass!