Day 25: May 11th

Options
fitphoenix
fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
@Rejsgirl, so glad the echo showed everything being normal!

@Kenda2427, so sorry for your furbaby! I hope that the medication does indeed make him comfortable. *big hugs*

@danelutza19, glad the day went well for you overall. The movement of the scale is definitely not always predictable!

@terririchardson112, sometimes, we definitely go with our habits. And really, nothing wrong with lemon drizzle cake--perhaps just a smaller portion than in years gone by? ;) Very sorry for your friend's loss.

@mari_moulin, glad the cleaning is going well even if the regular workouts aren't possible. I'm sure all that work doing the cleaning is burning lots of calories! Hope your little one feels better asap!

@MonicaA2013, I hope today goes more smoothly than yesterday for you!

Happy Thursday, everyone! I'm looking forward to the weekend (getting a bit ahead of myself, I know). I've got what promises to be a very long and not very useful to me meeting this afternoon, but I should be able to walk outside at lunch again today, and the weather has been slowly getting warmer, which is great. It's really starting to feel like spring! :)

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @kenda2427 I feel for you our dog is old and has been acting goofy. I swear she has dementia with the things she is pulling. Her vet appt is in June and I keep thinking will I be coming home alone? Her last appt they told me to just enjoy the time I had with her. I am pretty sure I am done with pets for a while if something happens.

Moms follow up appt went well.

My grandmother is in hospice care. It's just a matter of time.

I have to get my act together this morning I have a dentist appointment before work. What was I thinking.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @kenda2427 I am sorry about the sad news. May you enjoy your time with her, and may she be comfortable, and know how loved she is.

@MonicaA2013 I blame it all on ToM this week, plus our weather is being wonky (not unusual for May.)

@2020pinktogo I hate dentist appointments no matter what time of the day it is.

@fitphoenix I have a boring, not useful meeting to attend to today as well. Unfortunately, mine is across town in rush hour. Ugh. So there is at least 3 hours of my day gone.

Yesterday, was an okay day. I hate it when it is ToM, all I want to do is eat everything in sight. I ate a lot, but managed to stay within calories. Not sure how I did that. Gave up on the no sugar and decided to try again when I am not fighting ToM.

I really love this group. It is so helpful to have a place to do goals, and see how everyone is progressing. I was looking at our group progress for our last weigh in, we were at 18% of our goal, 20% of the way in. That is so great! I love seeing our progress with the people who are working towards their goals. I also like, that the people who joined in the beginning can come back at any time and jump right back in. @kenda2427 you are wonderful!

Yesterday's Goals:
    UNDER CALORIES :)
    15000 steps B)
    Gym time B)
    Lunch walk :) Even got one of my coworkers to come for part of it.
    Hogwarts Challenge :|
    No Sugar :'(
    Focus @ work >:) not even close
    Pay insurance :'(

Today's Goals:
    Under Calories
    20000 steps
    Gym time
    Roller skating
    Hogwarts
    Work
    Squats
    Insurance

Week goals:
    No sugar stuff 1/5
    gym 1/4
    15000 1/ 7

Have a beautiful day Flowers
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Good morning and thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.

@jdelaroy sounds like you had a pretty successful day, the noon walk is always a nice break from the work day.

I am so out of sorts being in the camper without much in the way of utilities, etc so feeling very grubby, food is all out of whack, tired, overwhelmed and sad. So my goals right now are just to keep my sanity :/

Today my goals are:
    get through the work day
    spend some time outside with all my critters
    try to get some fluids in me
    take dog for a short walk
    early bed

Have a good day everyone!
  • kimmysue100
    kimmysue100 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

@Kenda2427 So sorry about your furbaby!! :'( That is so hard, especially when you are trying to live out of a camper. I say your goal just to keep your sanity works for now! Hang in there!
    @RejsGirl I'm so happy your echo turned out ok!! :)
    @fitphoenix I'm looking forward to the weekend too! I hope you get your walk in during lunch. That should help with the long meetings!
    @2020pinktogo Just think how clean your teeth will be bright and early! :# I hope you're grandma is comfortable. Sending hugs to you.
    @jdelaroy Way to go with staying within your calories yesterday! Sometimes you need to call that a win and start again with the no sugar on another day!! I love this group too. I don't always have time to check in each day, but you're all in the back of my mind & it still keeps me basically on track because I don't want a big gain for the group total! (at least that's what I say Ha)

It's been a busy week/weekend with my parents in town. I've tried to make good choices with food, which can be hard when they are all eating bread pudding & I'm eating an apple!! I have been hitting my water goals everyday, so that's a plus! They left last night, and now my sister is coming tomorrow to go to the Garth Brooks concert. I'm so excited!! It's going to be a tough weekend because we are also having a party on Saturday night. Hopefully I can burn some calories cleaning the house & catching up with laundry today!!

Goals for the rest of the week & weekend
    Drink 10 glasses of water everyday (I'm on my 4th now)
    Try to log food everyday, or at least try to make good choices
    Catch up on laundry
    Get the house clean & ready for Saturday
    Get in some sort of exercise
    Drink water between every drink on Saturday
    Remember that it's just a day & doesn't mean Sunday is a free day if I overdo it on Saturday
    Take some aspirin before bed on Saturday night---ha! :D

Keep up the good work everyone!! B)

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,199 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Morning,
    @kimmysue100, I'm soooo jealous, I loveeeeee Garth Brooks, such a cutie plus his voice. Okay, yesss, I'm in love ;);) Have fun, honey!!!!!! In a couple weeks my daughter and I are going to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, a late Mother's Day present.

Yesterday, I managed to get a lot of house cleaning done. Pus got a couple nice workouts in, so it helped going to Five guys for dinner. The veggie sandwich and fries were worth it, yummy! I actually didn't over do eating the fries, yay!

Today goals
    1. Morning workout
    2. Get a walk even with it's drizzling :)B)
    3. HUFFLEPUFF Challenge (RoR)
    <3<3 Let's make this happen! <3<3
    Weeks goals
    1. Hogwarts, Ilvermorny, Biggest Losser and GoT challenges
    2. A couple days of outside workouts ( love walking in the rain)
    3. Yoga Camp ...... ✅
    4. Preplan Sat/Sun menu and workouts
    5. No late night snacking ✅
    6. Lunches for the week (hubby) ✅

• danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers!!!

Sounds like your day worked out great @GrandmaJackie !!! It's great when you have enough calories to indulge without guilt.

Nothing freaks me out more than loosing a lot of weight in a short amount of time. I have lost about 2.2 lb since Monday. Despite the positivity of the scale weight, I like it better when my results are predictable. I was concerned yesterday but then I did some digging and solved my dilemma. As it turns out, the progestin pills, can cause a big whoosh because they balance out estrogen. It's somewhat magic for women who are estrogen dominant. Excess Estrogen can cause fat accumulation, raise insulin, lower leptin (the satiety hormone), and causes water retention. When estrogen becomes balanced with progestin all those pesky side effects go away quickly and a big whoosh can occur :)
    Now I can actually enjoy my new weight and feel good about it.

Yesterday was really accomplished, got all my goals done including the steps and the gym swim time.

Goals for today are: eat within calories/macros, train, chin-ups, steps, water, sleep and the monthly progress pictures.

Let's have a fabulous Thursday!!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    Options
    @fitphoenix In days gone by I would have had seconds, and then some lol! I hope you enjoyed your lunchtime walk
    @2020pinktogo Glad mum's app went well. Enjoy the time with your grandma making/sharing memories. I don't have pets because I would crack up when they go. Too stressful.
    @danelutza19 It's a great side effect, so now you can enjoy the drop. Well done on the goals.
    @everyoneelse Your positive outlook is inspiring. You all seem to be coping well with all that life throws your way. Keep on keeping on...

Doing fine on my goals, and looking forward to the weekend. Next week my schedule will be a little less hectic. Looks like our Spell off warm sunny settled weather is about to break. Ireland has 40 shades of green for a reason Lol!

Gotta go and finish my steps for today and do some yoga before bedtime.

:sunglasses: Enjoy whatever you have planned for the rest of your day. :heart: :wink:
  • debbieinca
    debbieinca Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I only have 11 more days till the end of school. Trying to plan my days while I am off. I think I will have a gym days 2 times a week then I will walk in the mornings or water aerobics and keep up the planning and the prep.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

Day 25 -

Hi everyone...still cleaning out house. Pretty much same as yesterday. Feeling so much batter now that things are going and getting cleaned. Yesterday I did my fridge...today I clean my bathroom and continue on working in the garage.

Catching up with a few posts from yesterday and today as yesterday I was just in for a quick stop....

@fitphoenix - Yea pretty much everything on MFP quiets down around this time of year. New year fever is over and and people are just wanting to go out and enjoy the nice weather. It will get busy again once we start nearing summer I think. People are gonna want their beach bodies ready!

@2020pinktogo - So what is Tim Hortons?

@lpeltenburg - WOW! Standing ovation for your son!!

@jdelaroy - Sorry you had a rough day. I hope you are feeling better. Those days will happen, what we do with them is the tricky part. Hang in there.

@Kenda2427 - I am so sorry to hear about your fur baby. I have a 15 year old at home myself and hate thinking he is very near the end of his life as well. Sending you lots of love to you and your family during these difficult days.

@kimmysue100 - Have fun at the concert!!

@danelutza19 - Now that is my kind of side effect!

MY GOALS:

- COMPLETE 4 GYM SESSIONS THIS WEEK
    1/4 GYM SESSIONS COMPLETED
    - COMPLETE 1 AQUA GYM SESSION THIS WEEK
    1/1 GYM SESSIONS COMPLETED
    - DRINK ATLEAST 2 LITERS OF WATER 7/7 DAYS
    4/7 DAYS COMPLETED
    - NO CARBS FOR DINNER 5/7 DAYS
    1/5 DAYS COMPLETED
    - EAT VEGGIES AT EVERY MEAL 5/7 DAYS
    3/7 DAYS COMPLETED
    - LOG EVERYTHING IN MY DIARY 7/7 DAYS (THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY)
    4/7 DAYS COMPLETED

103775544.png
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Once again I am catching up.

WEEK 4 STATS...

1) Keep within my calorie goal. 5/7
    DONE 4/7
    2) Drink a min of 75 oz of water PER DAY.
    DONE 100+oz
    3) Run 3+ days per week 30+ min.
    Nothing this week for running. Might get out this weekend though so we will see what happens.
    4) Reach my step goal of 14k EVERY DAY !
    DONE 4/7
    5) Jillian's 30 day shred AND The Aftershock workout APRIL 24th -May 26th. Then I will continue the Aftershock workout and add the 9 ABS workout.
    3 days of 30D/S lvl 2 done need to catch up a day. 10 days of lvl 2 and then on to Lvl 3 ! Metabolic Aftershock is now up a lvl also, DON'T care for one move on that one...OMG it's tough !