5/17 Wednesday Day 17 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
on6l1oh6sp9l.jpg

Theme: Spring Cleaning Project 3!

Today's Challenge: What's the last spring cleaning project will you accomplish today for this month's challenge? We've all got small projects around the house that we've been meaning to get to...now's the time! After this challenge, you will have completed three house projects that have been on your to-do list. They are now done. Way to go!

Alternative Challenge: Give yourself active goals to achieve throughout the day. They can be small or big just try to get as many done as you can.

Replies

• Silinde
    Silinde Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll go for a cleaning job since I'm working at home today. During lunch break, I'll clean out a kitchen wardrobe. It used to be a yearly job but kids got in the way, lol. :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Great activity for today! I have to clean my cabin and house to get ready for company this weekend! The cabin has been locked up over winter and my children love staying in there when they come visit.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Looks like rain here today. I will go to my PT then clean a room, or just take a day and read. LOL
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Time to continue tackling the basement.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm happy to report that I got my coworkers to do some office spring cleaning yesterday. We all went full-steam for about an hour. It was awesome!

Today, I will mop the bathrooms and hallway. Maybe the kitchen, too. Maybe.
  • lunabellz
    lunabellz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been keeping a small get moving list of to do Projects. Big projects but done in small bites with reading time in between. That's keeping me moving all day them I'm tired at night
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am going to go through my DVD shelves and organize or purge. Then clean the living room carpets.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I will do some deep cleaning in the kitchen...and my family will be happy, too . :smile:
  • themedalist
    Options
    Great job, Everyone! And just a heads up...if you don't finish your project today, tomorrow's challenge will tie in very nicely to what you are doing today.
  • themedalist
    Options
    I have been keeping a small get moving list of to do Projects. Big projects but done in small bites with reading time in between. That's keeping me moving all day them I'm tired at night

@pitbullmama1, keeping a list of sit less/move more projects is a great idea!
  • Perezgirl85
    Perezgirl85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I kept active in the office today by using the bathroom that is furtherest away from my desk. This bathroom is across the floor and I consumed large amounts of water so I had to use the bathroom atleast every 30 minutes or so.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Great challenge! My ongoing Spring projects are to continue to declutter the back room as well as organize what is being kept. I made another Goodwill run yesterday o:) .
    An outside cleanup project, besides the yard and on the sides of the house, is the back fence flower garden (quite wide and runs the length of the fence. It has been a 20+ year ongoing fun project :) ) This is the spring maintenance and after winter cleanup. It had been more neglected over the past two years because of caring for my brother. So it is looking pretty wild, but wonderful... from a distance :laugh:. All the the different sage is blooming wildly because of the rain we have had lately. And the daylilies are finally doing really amazing this year, so I won't bother them at all right now :sunglasses: :

Tonight, if it doesn't rain I will hopefully be outside working on the garden. Because of the morning rain I ended up being inside, very aware to do as much as possible while standing o:) !

I love these challenges! :flowerforyou:
  • Imagine_if
    Imagine_if Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    All curtains and sheers were cleaned and rehung- meanwhile the bright natural light was the mood enhancer I needed. I had energy abounding today; even got in a game with the kiddos :)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,781 Member
    Options
    Because I didn't realize I was behind in another challenge, I had some serious active goals for today. Made great progress. :)
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Spark Joy to guide me through cleaning out unnecessary clutter from my house. I finished going through all of my clothes and gave away 2 large bags to a charity. I'm working on books but having a tough time parting with so many of them. But since they bring me joy, I guess they're here to stay awhile. There's no good reason to hang on to things for the wrong reasons.
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well my daughter beat me to my spring cleaning project....matching all of our lids to our bowls! Hahaha we had all sorts of mysterious lids that didn't have matching bowls. I came home from running and she had sorted not only those, but the cups (especially kid cups) as well! So I'll need to come up with a new spring cleaning project :D
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Help DH sort through his clothes, he has some that are so large on him, he looks clownlike walking around in them. We have pulled out all his smaller things, and they are looking great on him. I did this earlier with my clothes and he wanted to do the same so we have been doing it together. It is helping with the clutter in the basement :)

It is snowing here today so I will be doing dvd workouts today to keep up the movement.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I cleaned out my office at home. Finally decluttered the desk and cleaned up all the cords and electronics that were lying around. I also cleaned out my jewelry box which has been a total mess for a year!!