Day 31: May 17

Options
PhedraJD
PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
@GrandmaJackie You are so right, this isn't an easy journey, but we all can do it. I am glad you had a great weekend with your family. That is so important.

Well I had a decent day yesterday. Not great but, not bad. I slipped on the sugar. We had bought ice cream for Mother's day, and didn't get a chance to eat it. So we had some last night. I did good and only had one small scoop. We also surprised all 3 kids with fishing poles and their own tackle boxes. My two younger ones have never been fishing. Their faces were so cute, all smiles and excitement. My big sister is in town starting this evening. We have lots of plans, I hope I do not go crazy and eat everything in sight. Going to try and stay focused.

Yesterday's goals:
Under Calories :)
15000 Steps :)
80 ounces of water :)
No extra sugar :|
Bank :)
pay bills :* Half
pantry :s
Quidditch challenge :s
Lawn B) It was starting to try and rain when I got home. Rushed through this. Good thing We have rain/snow for the next 4 days.
Laundry folded :D
*gym* :'( Nope

Today's Goals:

Under Calories
15000 Steps
80 ounces of water
No extra sugar
pay bills
*pantry* Stretch goal
Quidditch challenge
Laundry folded (more)
Closing challenge Ceremony
KEEP FOCUSED AND POSITIVE AT WORK.

Replies

• Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy Good for you getting the kids fishing gear. I think kids today need to do more of the "simple" things in life. It is good for them to be out in nature and away from electronics and whatnot. Good family fun! My son is almost 28 and fishing is still his favourite pastime.

Good morning, happy hump day! Could have cried when I got on the scale this morning. I am 6.5 lbs from my lowest a month ago. All this stress, being out of the house, surrounded by mud, overruns on the projects by a minimum of 10k, my dog's health has me just overwhelmed. I failed at my goals yesterday but am feeling a little more resolute this morning. We should be back in the house in a couple of days and then I will be full tilt busy from then on.
    Anyway enough whining, the end is in sight and by the end of the weekend things should be looking better. Today is my last day of work until Tuesday so that is an immense relief and the weather forecast is good. Those 2 things alone will go along way to lifting my spirits.

Today's goals:
    get through the work day
    pick up supplies at hardware store
    eat to plan at work
    maybe a yoga class tonight (so I can get a shower)

Spreadsheet will be up dated by end of day and then I will be mostly MIA till next week.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,223 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi there, folks. It's hard to believe we have reached our 3rd Milestone already.

@Kenda2427 I already entered my weight in the spreadsheet. The greatest of sympathy for all the upset of being out of your house. Hopefully things will be back to normal for you soon.
    @jdelaroy Enjoy all those little moments. They are gone all too soon. And have lots of fun with your sister.

As Jackie says, the journey isn't easy, but we can do it!

:heart: Have a great day! :heart:
    :sunglasses: I know I will!!! :sunglasses:

Milestone 3: 7-16 May :sunglasses: Spring refocus on goals :sunglasses:

:heart: Starting Weight on 17/4/2017: 167 lbs
    3nd Milestone: Weight on 16 May 2017: 164.2 lbs :heart: :sunglasses:
    Goal weight: 157 lbs

80464089.png
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers!!!

@TerriRichardson112 you're so close to your goal weight :) it's very inspiring to see your progress!!! Great going!

@Kenda2427 glad to hear you have some time off work, that should help you out tremendously!

@jdelaroy enjoy your sister time and make the most of it!!!

I think I did ok yesterday but protein could have been higher. I noticed for the past few weeks that my active calories have spiked up according to my tracker. Funny enough, I pretty much have the same routine, same workouts and same step count. On my rest days, the active calories are low and normal so I can't presume it's an error with my tracker. I'm beginning to wonder if I should eat more since most days I end up with some big deficits. I decided to just listen to my body and only eat more is I'm hungry.

Goals for today are keep things simple and achievable: eat within calories/macros with more protein, training, chin-ups, steps, water and good sleep.

Let's have a fabulous Wednesday!!!
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy, glad things went well overall for you yesterday. You didn't eat the whole tub of ice cream as far as I can tell, so I think it still counts as a win! ;)

@kenda2427, sorry you're still struggling with everything that's going on in your life, but 6.5 pounds is not only fixable, its fixable in the relatively short-term. If you've effectively started eating at or near maintenance, some of it is probably water weight that will "woosh" when you're back on a deficit anyway, and then it'll just be a couple weeks until you're back to your lowest weight. Glad you're getting a work break and have good weather forecast. Hang in there!

@TerriRichardson112, yup, time is sure flying by!

I've been sending my coworkers encouraging emails and stopping by their offices to check in on them. We've got a standing date to walk together at lunch, and today some staff went out to do yoga on Parliament Hill. The nice weather is definitely making it easier to be active. So much fun!
  • kimmysue100
    kimmysue100 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @fitphoenix Enjoy the nice weather!! It does make it easier to get out and walk!! That's sweet you check in on your coworkers & walk together. That makes it more fun!

Well I've been missing for a few days, trying to get back with it!! I pretty much took the weekend off & didn't log anything. I think I stayed on track with my water. My sister was here & we went to the Garth Brooks concert. @GrandmaJackie, he was AMAZING!! He gave away 2 signed guitars (1 to a boy with Downs Syndrome & another to the girl that thought she was getting the first guitar, until she realized it was for the boy & happily gave it to him with a hug) & also his cowboy hat to an 8 year old girl that just finished with chemo. It was very touching! Then we had a party on Saturday night with tons of Mexican food and margaritas. :# Sunday was Mothers Day & my hubby made one of my favorites, chicken fried steak. I cut it in half and put it in the fridge before I even started, so that was a plus, but still overdid it.

My oldest came home from college on Friday, and will be here for the summer. Yay:) We sat down yesterday & figured out meals for the rest of the week. I do so much better when I have a plan! Back to making sure I get my water in! I was up a little for our weigh in, but that's no surprise. I just need to refocus and get back to work!! This weekend will be busy too. I have 2 graduation parties, bunco & a birthday party. May sure is a busy month! I hope everyone is having a great week.

Goals for the rest of the week
    Drink 10 glasses of water a day
    Log everything that goes into my mouth
    Get some exercise in
    Catch up on laundry
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,082 Member
    Options
    @kimmysue100, next weekend is our concert, yesss! I don't know who's more excited my daughter or me, lol. Before the concert we're giving to have an early dinner.

I haven't loss anything since out last weigh in but I'm able to focus on weekends. That's a bigggggg pus for me! I forgot what I wrote, yesterday. I'm lovinggggg my yoga blocks, I've done a video this afternoon!!! My plan is to get another tonight, bedtime yoga!!!!!

Today started out tough, it was supposed to be sunny but it's still dreary. We need to get sunshine, extremely tired of not having sunny days. This weekend, Mr. weatherman says lot of sun, :smile: :smile:

For the rest of the day my goals are get another yoga session in plus no late night snacking.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been talking lately. I have been checking in daily though. We all have had a tough couple days over he weekend didn't we..LOL
    The GOOD thing is that we are all back on the right track now.

I have actually done better than I expected for some odd reason. TOM usually messes me up BIG time but not this week. I WILL TAKE IT.. LOL ! NOW if I can keep it going through TOM's stay I will be in GREAT shape !!

I have fallen off the Jillian and Aftershock track though so need to get that going again.

I finally learned something new about my body. I require a TON of water !! Since I started getting around 100oz per day I have been losing weight !! I only weigh 130 so I didn't think I would need so much, WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT !!??!! SO now I am focused on making sure to get at least 90-120oz of water EVERY day !
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    This emptying grandma's apt is a real pain. I can't believe how much stuff is in it. Just stuff nothing with meaning just stuff. We literally bag the stuff take it to my mom's then sort. Some stuff is easy you just make it a throw away bag other stuff is more just where does it go. It makes you rethink everything you own.

Have a good day everyone!!