Just starting

Options
Karen918
Karen918 Posts: 47 Member
My insurance covers the surgery and I have seen two co workers go RNY surgery in the past year with great results. I meet all of the requirements, bmi 42, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes, struggled with my weight for the last 30 years. The only requirement that I haven't met yet is the 6 month medically supervised diet. I have a doctor appointment on August 30 to begin this process.

I would love to be part of a group that is going this too.

Replies

• kandyag
    kandyag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am just now starting my 6 month supervised weight loss and have my appointment with my primary doctor next week. I will attend my surgeon's seminar the end of June but will stick with my PCP for the 1st 2 months of supervision then transition to the nutritionist at the surgery center. Good Luck!
  • susansp1208
    susansp1208 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled for the sleeve surgery on 5/30 I'm starting the preop liquid diet tomorrow or Monday. I'm not too clear on exactly what I can/should be including in my diet. Based on what I THINK it says, I can use the preop, clear liquid or liquid post op programs. It says that I can only use the slimfast, Kellogg's to gAnyone
  • susansp1208
    susansp1208 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oops I hit screen before finishing. Here's the preop list. Anyone have similar program or familiar with Emory?