Hi Everyone!!

Options
caitky1013
caitky1013 Posts: 31 Member
Just joined the group, looking for friends that have the similar goals to go through this journey with. I can use all the positive vibes I can get! My goal is to lose a total of 150 pounds. As of my last weigh in I am 318. I started at 334. This is going to be a loooong journey. I've always hated the idea of a "lifestyle change" but I am now looking forward to it!

Replies

• LaGrandePeche
    LaGrandePeche Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You got this! What has been working for you?
  • caitky1013
    Options
    I'm still in the beginning stages but so far, the food diary has helped so much. And I was really (pleasantly) surprised by how nice people are on here and how genuinely supportive everyone seems to be. That is going to be invaluable when things start to get harder.
    But that doesn't really answer your question. I think that the change in my thinking is what is making this work better than it has in the past. Before I was hanging on to things that I was telling myself I couldn't do without (soda, the random sweets) or things I just thought I couldn't do like exercising. I'm now realizing that if I can only walk for 10 minutes, that's okay. I did something more than I usually do, and if I continue to do that I'll be able to do 15 minutes, then 20 minutes, etc. Plus I've become slightly obsessed with this site. I log in several times a day...it keeps me mindful of what I am trying to do and what my end goal is.
  • itsallgood803
    itsallgood803 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've found this site helpful too. It keeps me in check on the amount of food and calories I'm actually taking in. As far as the exercising goes...you have to start somewhere! I've been the same, I started out walking slow and I'm gradually building up the pace. It's a long road, but it might help if you make shorter milestone goals. We've got a lot to lose and everything in life to gain!!
  • caitky1013
    Options
    That's so true. I really try not to look to far ahead, but sometimes I can't help thinking about what I'm going to be able to do once the weight is gone. I REALLY want to go on a zip line...so that will be my reward to myself once I've lost the weight. I do have smaller goals...I only look 10lbs ahead...every 10 is a milestone. 150lbs is the major goal, but looking that far ahead is ridiculously overwhelming. 10lbs...that I can handle. :)
  • sarahannevarty
    sarahannevarty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do the same. I have my overall goal but set mini ones. Even if I dont lose as much as I would like, as long as I didnt gain I do not beat myself up!