How'd the last week go for everyone?

Options
Mandamanda93
Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
I feel great about this last week! I got just over 150 minutes of exercise in (which was my goal), even though I've had two sick days this week and couldn't get to the gym today. I've kept losing weight, and I'm starting to notice it physically.
Bonus: As of this morning, I've officially lost 40 pounds from my high, two years ago! Down about 15 pounds since I started really trying about 2 months ago.
How are you all doing?

Replies

• TigerLily100
    TigerLily100 Posts: 81 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Not great...I need my jaw wired lol.
    Glad you're having some success.

Hoping to be back next week with renewed enthusiasm as I have lost zilch this week
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I just started truly sticking to the diet plan today. I am very depressed about it haha. Hopefully ill see results in a timely manner that it will be worth it I have been good with the gym for almost a week now, so thats a positive in my favor! I also neex my mouth wired shut:/
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Not great...I need my jaw wired lol.
    Glad you're having some success.

Hoping to be back next week with renewed enthusiasm as I have lost zilch this week

You will be great next week! Hang in there =)
    I just started truly sticking to the diet plan today. I am very depressed about it haha. Hopefully ill see results in a timely manner that it will be worth it I have been good with the gym for almost a week now, so thats a positive in my favor! I also neex my mouth wired shut:/

Good luck with the diet plan! What is that involving for you?
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I'm doing pretty well. I'm down 3 pounds since the start of the challenge. My two issues right now are:

1) I keep hurting myself exercising. It's causing me to need to slow down, which I don't want to do. I'm working with my instructor at the gym on modifying certain exercises to help. It'll take time, but it's frustrating because I'm really loving the hard work in class (never thought I'd say that).

2) I haven't had a lot of trouble making the changes I need to since I started in Feb, but the one I'm working on now is a killer. I have a bad habit of stealing little bites of food off other people plates, like a couple of fries or a handful of mini marshmallows from my kids. Or they'll leave a few bites of sandwich on their plate and I'll finish it off.

I don't usually log that stuff, but I'd estimate it adds up to 200-300 calories a day. When I had more to lose it didn't matter too much, but it's time to get it under control. That's an easy extra 1/2 lb a week right? WRONG! I can't seem to stop.

Any advice on this one?
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    My normal diet consists of either oatmeal or 3 ingredient pancakes or a smoothie for carbs in the am, then i eat 2 egg and 2-4 egg whites with turkey sausage and spinach, mushroom, basically any veggies i want....then ill have something like a ham and mustard wrap with a greek yogurt, or almonds, or sweet potato fries. For dinner its usually a lean meat a veggies and a little snack before bed like fiverone cookie or dark choc covered almonds in 160 cal pack, then if i self sabotage i get about 600 cals worth of bad stuff I shouldn't be eating like real cookies or icecream, del taco etc. And i have halotop in my fridge haha...i just would rather have rocky road in a waffle cone haha
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    Little bits of food adds up! Even coffee creamer adds up, most is 35 a cal for a tablespoon and a tablespoon really isnt a lot, so its little bits like that, that can really mess up your diet. They say stick to hot sauce and mustard for condiments i stead of mayo or dressing
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late in chiming in- craziest week of the year for me. Really! Ladyhusker, I'm still in daily pain from my twice a week tough workouts- after 2 months. I'm an overachiever, wanting to do what the younger do. MODIFY! Don't go as long, as fast, as far. Use smaller weights, do less reps. Look a little dorky- it's worth it. I'm the only one in a step class who doesn't put "risers" underneath. The few times I have, my knees were screaming for weeks. Watch your form too. You may just be uninformed. Some get a trainer for a few sessions to work on a game plan and make sure you're doing things correctly. Stretch more than you think you need to. Yoga is good for that. My body just isn't used to working that hard, but it's getting a little easier and I'm getting stronger.
    About the food, you just have to make the choice to not eat something. Having your family keep you accountable helps too. Tell them to slap your hand away from their plate (in love)! Be strong and keep trying to do what's best. Don't beat yourself up too much though
    I use salsa for flavor, especially in eggs. After a while scrambled eggs can get boring, but salsa really helps them out. I was really cutting out all "bad" foods for a while, but now I try to keep the damage small by having just a little. Better to have a little than binge. Around Easter I was eating too many non-nutritious calories, then getting hungry at night. If you get 1/2 your daily cals from cake, it's just not sustainable. I know, I tried!
    Losing weight sucks. It's taken me a lot longer that I thought it would. I hate denying myself yummy tasty food. I just bought tickets to Italy for Christmas, so that was enough to kick myself back into being a good girl. I hope to be at my goal weight by then, but if not, I'm still going to enjoy myself. The straight and narrow for us will pay off- eventually. It's hard work, but we're worth it!