Day 35: 21 May 2017

Options
TerriRichardson112
TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,223 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
Hi there, fellow flowers. I have been uber busy for a few days, but I'm keeping on keeping on. The weather here has reverted to normal spring weather (rain! Lol!) after an unusually hot 12 days. I don't know what to wear most days!
@danelutza19 Cold weather does that to you, doesn't it. And the weekend will refresh you for Monday. It's good to do a regular review.
@fitphoenix Take care of that ankle, but do keep it moving. I hope you had a great time at the cinema.

Yesterday, I spent the day in the city (Belfast) with my younger daughter. A great day apart from one or two short but heavy showers. A good excuse to go in for a skinny Latte. I had healthy snacks with me so that we wouldn't be led into temptation by hunger. Hubs and I have been working on the garden, and have most of our planters and baskets ready to go out. We have had to start watering our permanent planters already because of the lack of rain this month, so today's showers are very welcome.

:heart: Have a Blessed Sunday! :heart:
:sunglasses: I know I will!!! :sunglasses:

Milestone 4: 17-26 May :sunglasses: Spring refocus on goals :sunglasses:

:heart: Starting Weight on 17/4/2017: 167 lbs
3nd Milestone: Weight on 16 May 2017: 164.9 lbs :heart: :sunglasses:
This morning's weight: 165 lbs
Goal weight: 157 lbs
Weight Still up and down, but nothing major.

Goals Half-way through to Milestone 4, and mostly keeping to my goals.

Every day, to help me achieve my weight loss goal, I will:
:star: Prelog food ✅ 5/10 : follow through 4/10
:star: Do 15+ minutes each of Strength 4/10 : Flexibility ✅ 4/10
:star: Do 10000+ steps. 4/10
:star: Drink a minimum of 8 cups liquid. 4/10
:star: Take part in Sole Mates/100 More Days Challenges. ✅ 4/10
:star: Refrain from eating after 8 pm 7/10 days each week. 3/7
:star: Refrain from eating after 9pm 3/10 days of my choice each 10 days 1/3

80464089.png

Replies

• catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone sorry I've been m.i.a tbh I'm struggling with this being a new thread everyday, as I'm forgetful and it doesn't show up in my favourites.
    Had a uni day school in Manchester yesterday, and I get lost a lot so a lot of unnecessary stairs were climbed, yay!
    Dunno if we are doing anything today or just housework (less of a yay).
    @TerriRichardson112 I hate that the weathers gone rubbish, but am glad that your garden is going to be looking beautiful because of it!

Have a great day everyone
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Talking of gardens Mom is depressed as normally we would have her annuals but with grandma dying She is focusing on finishing grandma's apt. I took a vacation day for Mon so it could become a reality.

So I am focusing on helping my parents. Every week I write my work schedule on the fridge so my husband knows where and what I am doing. So on Monday I wrote vacation day and he flipped out. This really made me angry my parents don't ask much of me just because his family is sitting on his dead fathers house for 8 years does not mean my family can afford grandma's apt rent.

It was like everything I did was wrong yesterday. My daughter helped my mom till I was done with work she did all the heavy lifting packing vacuumed etc... So in the afternoon she came home to pick up a suitcase as she has a conference to go to. She wanted to go out for ice cream :| we started off at the consignment shop and I bought her a dress and a really cool necklace. Total cost as I got it all on sale 12. We then skipped the ice cream.. :D I don't lie hubby asked what we did and I told him even the fact I bought our daughter a dress. Monday she is speaking in front of her peers 60 people presenting her research and why it should go forward. Maybe it's just me but if I can't be there to hold her hand and cheer her on. At least I got her a really cool outfit she feels confident and comfortable in.

Thanks for listening to me vent I feel so much calmer he just made me so mad. I am hoping to be back to normal routine by the start of our next mile stone.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo : I am sorry you are having a hard time. It is very nice of you to plant flowers for your mom. It is those little things that will help her deal with her depression.

I am pretty frustrated with this weight loss thing. My body is holding on to everything. Now, I admit I have been having a drink or so after work this week. I will stop that for next week. I have to stop it for next week. I am part of a Facebook Keto group & I see all of these people losing 50lbs in 3 months. I don't want that, (loose skin scares the crap outta me!) but 5lbs would make me happy! Tomorrow I am supposed to take my measurements & with a measly 3lb loss since last month I suspect it will be pointless. Oh well... At least I am not gaining, I am eating home cooked meals every day. I feel good, my mood is good & I am able to work & keep on top of my paperwork. My house is pretty clean too! We are having the busiest year ever at our store & I am mostly managing my stress. Yep.. I guess I have no reason to be frustrated, I need to just keep keeping at it. & be thankful that depression & anxiety are not ruling my life..

Goals for the week
    -be thankful that I have the energy to be busy
    -get groceries
    -bulk cook some chicken & maybe roast beef
    -take a walk instead of an after supper drink...

Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I would love to hug everyone here! We all have our frustrations with ourselves .... our spouses..... we will make it, I know we will. There is not enough time or space here for me to vent so.... back to the TOPS pledge - "I will control my emotions and not let my emotions control me"

Today
    - plant some more garden. Hopefully my DH finds something else to do instead of telling me how to do it!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,082 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Morning,

****hugs**** @2020pinktogo
    Sorry, I've been MIA these last couple of days. The Hogwarts Challenge has kept me on my toes but I've been making my goals. Yesterday, my husband and I went to the beach for a nice walk.

Today, my plans are just to stay focus and prep food for next week.

Let's make this happen!

• danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers!!!

Busy times come up more and more as the Summer approaches. We will all turn into busy bees and involuntary try to cram more in our days. I suppose it's in our nature. @GrandmaJackie good on you for fitting all your goals in and having time for a beach walk.

@Lilymay2 you have control over your emotions and your reactions! Gardening will give you some relaxation! Keep your head up!!!

@lpeltenburg I understand your situation more than I want to admit. I'm giving you the same advice I give myself: don't compare yourself to others; we are all unique creatures with very individual needs and when it comes to improving ourselves and our bodies we all have the journey that we need, not the ones we want.

Yesterday I wanted a relaxing day... it happened but only in the evening when I crashed on the couch and took a nap. I did my best food wise but still had some overages at the end. Frankly I'm just not going to fight my hormones anymore. Tom may not be here due to BC but the effects on my body are pretty much identical and if I'm hungry I will eat more food. Sanity and feeling accomplished comes before my weight on the scale.

Today's vibes are positive despite feeling a bit tired. I'm going to do my absolute best with calories and macros, do more chin-ups, steps, water and an early bed time. Fun wise, we are likely to go roller skating :)

Let's have a fabulous Sunday!!!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I also have been a bit MIA lately. With the weather changing to warm and dry I find it hard to sit inside on the computer..LOL

It looks like there are a lot of ups and downs here the last few days too. I wish I could help those who have been down, and I am Happy for those who have been having their ups.

As for myself I have been doing pretty well. I am sticking to the majority of my goals. I lost sight of my workouts but plan to get those back in line. All other goals are going PERFECT ! Today's plan is to keep with it.

HAPPY SUNDAY !!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Day 35 -

Happy Sunday! Sorry I've gone missing for a few days there. I did great at the beginning of the week then halfway through it was that TOM and it was very debilitating. Just getting over it. Had lots of cravings and mood swings and bloating....the works. I am up a lb and a half this week because of it.

I hope you are all well. I see so many of us are struggling. SO many things happening in our lives that affect us so much in the weight loss department. Hang in there everyone. This thing called life is so hard but we will get though it together. Much love everyone.

MY GOALS:

- COMPLETE 4 GYM SESSIONS THIS WEEK
    3/4 GYM SESSIONS COMPLETED
    - COMPLETE 1 AQUA GYM SESSION THIS WEEK
    0/1 GYM SESSIONS COMPLETED
    - DRINK ATLEAST 2 LITERS OF WATER 7/7 DAYS
    5/7 DAYS COMPLETED
    - NO CARBS FOR DINNER 5/7 DAYS
    3/5 DAYS COMPLETED
    - EAT VEGGIES AT EVERY MEAL 5/7 DAYS
    3/7 DAYS COMPLETED
    - LOG EVERYTHING IN MY DIARY 7/7 DAYS (THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY)
    4/7 DAYS COMPLETED

103775544.png
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Oh almost forgot. My baby boy got his hair cut. I miss his curlies so much! :(

96jvfq2f12xe.jpg
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    ^ Oh, man, those curls are so cute, @mari_moulin! But he is an adorable baby boy either way, and I could see him being happier without the hair in his face.

Seems like there have been a lot of challenges for everyone this week. I am trying really hard not to overwork my ankle now that it's starting to feel mostly better. I have a 5K next Saturday, and I'd really like to be able to run it; I know that won't happen if I don't fully recover.

Hang in there, everyone!
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @fitphoenix hope your ankle continues to heal and you'll be able to run your 5K!

@mari_moulin oh my goodness, he's adorable!! Love his big boy haircut!!

I too have been quite preoccupied the last week or so! And yes, summer is approaching quickly, which means school's almost out! I can't believe how quickly this year has passed. Doctors appointments, clothes shopping for summer, vacation plans to confirm - and only a few weeks to go!

I've done fine eating, but no logging, and not much exercise within the last week as I spent last week organizing and cleaning out our storage room. We had a neighborhood yard sale this weekend, we blew it and missed our chance as it coincided with the girls soccer games, which were, unfortunately rained out during the second game of four. The weekend has been pretty much of a bust actually.

Tomorrow is a new day and it will be back to a regular more "scheduled" routine.

I have absolutely NO goals today other than to plan for a more active and productive tomorrow.

Happy Sunday!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin I love his little haircut!!!