Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

May 22 Sign In

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL

4oyajnuhmee6.jpg

I grew up with parents who were loving but hard-pressed to pay the bills. They taught me that I had to compete and do all I could with all that I had.
    Be awesome! Believe you are awesome! Live and love awesome!
    Rick
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,393 Member
    Oh I don't feel very awesome . I soaked last night and may need to soak again this morning every joint in my body aches I can only imagine how my parents feel. Last week I went to work and told them I had come to rest. They had teased me they had never seen anyone so happy to come to work to just chill out. Today I am hoping for the rain to be light and or spotty so I don't get soaked while we unload grandma's storage unit. I will definitely be doing more downsizing in the near future I don't ever want my daughter to go through this.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,250 Member
    @aeshippers. I applaud you for all three of the successes you listed! All can be difficult and you did all three. I think this means you really have integrated those healthy changes into you life!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,393 Member
    WOO HOO the apt and storage unit is empty. We turned in the keys now come the weekend the plan is to work on my parents garage where we put everything. My dad is super cranky so this weekend I need to give him back his garage. My new motto is let's just get this over with. Plus it's getting hard being the buffer between my parents.
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes had to move some giant rocks from one house to another for about an hour
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Yes, yes, yes, an hour of yoga.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Exercise? Yes; 20 minutes of a cardio video, 30 minutes of yoga, and a 10 minute run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • SephiraAllen
    SephiraAllen Posts: 78 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    @2020pinktogo You ARE awesome! Don't forget to take care of yourself during this tryine time!
    @aeshippers Congratulations on your successes!

Hope everyone had a GREAT long weekend. :)

exercise yes exercise bike, housework and gardening
    calories yes without using any exercise ones
    tracking yes

I lost 50 calories of my daily allotment when I did an update, I am thinking it is due to a lower weight than when I started. I guess I should update about every 10lbs. Makes sense when I think about it :p
  • RangerRickL
    Ok! I may be the leader, but today was a PASS day. Company visiting from out of town. Too much food and too much drink.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    pribud wrote: »
    I lost 50 calories of my daily allotment when I did an update, I am thinking it is due to a lower weight than when I started. I guess I should update about every 10lbs. Makes sense when I think about it :p

@pribud Great thing about this is that you are losing weight (yay!) and getting healthier and more active. What you are doing must be working. (yay!).

Every 10lbs or every month is a good time to update target (usually every month would come first). As you get closer to your destination it is always good to re-check your heading.

Keep up the good work.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Thanks @RangerRickL for your inspiration today. After you shared "be awesome today" that made me think of a book called "The Book of Awesome" by Neil Pasricha. I love this book. My awesome moment today was when I showered after working in my yard. It felt so awesome to cool down and wash away all that sweat and dirt.

Tonight I went for my first walk in 12 days. I believe I am finally over this nasty cold. I am feeling pretty awesome. ☺️
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    @aeshippers Thanks for inspiring me.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,250 Member
    Yes x 3. Exercise bike for 45 min
  • fightingthetideofaging
    fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    LOL....oops, posted the 22nd on the 21st!!!
  • misscola
    misscola Posts: 40 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? t25 + 23 min run
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes