Garmin > MFP overestimation?

Options
SiegaPlays
SiegaPlays Posts: 13 Member
I got a Vivosmart HR+ about a week ago and connected it to my MFP account. I have set my activity level to 0 on Garmin and Sedentary on MFP.

However the sync from Garmin to MFP seems way out of proportions. The activity sync'ed to MFP seems to be a lot higher. Both sides of the connection is set to use calories, not KJ, but it almost looks like what Garmin is sending is activity in KJ and MFP accepting it as calories, giving me about 4 times more activity calories to spend, than I should actually have calories for.

No idea how to fix it.

Replies

• deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, I reported it to MFP but they sent me a generic email back and didn't actually look at the data I provided it showing the calories earned by steps are completely over inflated. I've now turned off the steps from Garmin and using the iPhone method for counting steps instead which is much more accurate.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    SiegaPlays wrote: »
    I got a Vivosmart HR+ about a week ago and connected it to my MFP account. I have set my activity level to 0 on Garmin and Sedentary on MFP.

However the sync from Garmin to MFP seems way out of proportions. The activity sync'ed to MFP seems to be a lot higher. Both sides of the connection is set to use calories, not KJ, but it almost looks like what Garmin is sending is activity in KJ and MFP accepting it as calories, giving me about 4 times more activity calories to spend, than I should actually have calories for.

No idea how to fix it.

Hey @SiegaPlays, if it's not too late for a return, you may be able to get an upgrade to a Vivoactive HR for about $20 more than what you paid for your Vivosmart HR+. I bought a Vivosmart on Saturday for $180. The Vivoactive went on sale on Monday for $200 (originally $249). I returned the vivosmart went with the upgrade. I'm really getting a kick out of the additional functionality.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options
    SiegaPlays wrote: »

No idea how to fix it.

I got a massive calorie adjustment my first few days using my Garmin, but that's because I was far more active than I thought I was, I switched my MFP account to Lightly Active and enabled negative adjustments and get a far more conservative adjustment now for anything over and above 5000 steps.