Day 44: 30 May 2017

Options
TerriRichardson112
TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
Hi there, flowers.

@fitphoenix I often have to walk indoors. I have a little circuit I do round all the rooms downstairs, and I occasionally go up and down the stairs to burn more calories. I do it during ad breaks in TV progs. Hubster thinks it's hilarious.
@danelutza19 Sounds like you had a great time, and totally earned an 'easy' day. (Chin ups and steps not withstanding lol!)
@2020pinktogo I know you want to help your mum, but you also have to take care of yourself. I have a friend with fibromyalgia, and she can be laid low by a lot less than you have been doing recently. Take it easy for a few days, and then pace yourself a little. Your mum will understand.

The rain has been short-lived, and the garden is bathed in sunshine. It has taken a lot of the heat out of the air, which makes it more pleasant to work outside. I still have 2 free days before my schedule kicks in again, but I'm getting loads done. The goals are getting to be pure habit now, although I've not been very strict with myself food-wise, but I'm logging it all. Trying to wean myself off the daily scale hop. I think I'm addicted to the scale. So only weighing on days ending in a 5 or 0 (Milestone day) for a while.

:sunglasses: Think -> Idea -> Try!
:sunglasses: Do -> Do again! -> And again!
:sunglasses: Keep Doing! -> SUCCESS!!!

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 I know you are right it's just I have a really high tolerance for pain so I can usually suck it up. My doctor and I had this discussion more than once how if I push myself non stop suddenly the body just shuts down to save itself. I know I have to take it easy and rest for a few days.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I am still here just hanging in the back for now. Summer weather has me outside instead of sitting here on the computer these days.

I am still doing well with my goals and will continue them until I reach that FINAL goal. HOPEFULLY that will be sooner rather than later... LOL

• Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Sorry for the delay in updating the spreadsheet but our entire computer system and phones were down in the office all day yesterday. We had access to nothing. I eventually got to go home early but only after sitting there for 5 1/2 hrs twiddling my thumbs.

@MonicaA2013 - you are doing great with your goals, you will get there!

Had a very busy weekend with beautiful weather, spent both days outside the whole time, plus yesterday afternoon/evening too. Planted my very first vegetable garden, we will see if I can grow anything but weeds. But it was very soul soothing to prepare and plant the garden. I was like a little kid mooshing around in my bare feet in the fresh soil. <3
    Then I worked with my problem horse for awhile, she needs it daily and I just don't have enough time, there is 3 of them and 1 of me plus all the other stuff I have to do daily. I have to get something figured out soon.
    My weight is still way up but I have dropped 1.5 of it as of this morning, if I can stay on that track maybe I can make some traction.

Today's goals:
    eat to plan
    walk dog - done
    Running Plus class tonight (1.5 hrs)
    meal prep
    hydrate
    quick paddock clean

Have an awesome day everyone, supposed to be a hot one here. B)
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning flowers!!!

@Kenda2427 seems like you're back on a trajectory of success! Do what you can and ignore the rest!

Yesterday was like a Sunday, nice and mellow. Achieved all goals.

Today I want to have a great start to the week and manage my time accordingly between my goals and a few extra errands. As per usual, staying in my calories and macros, training, chin-ups, steps, water and sleep are on the agenda.

Lately I have come to prefer podcasts over music when I walk. I found some really interesting ones and they gave my mind something to munch on.
    I realized that my goals are important to me but that I'm not going to postpone my happiness until I reach them. In my book happiness is the measure for success and not the other way around. Happiness is doing what you love, appreciating what you have and having the best time every day!!!

Let's have a fabulous Tuesday!!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am still here. I am sorry I haven't been on for such a long time. I am having a very hard time here with stress and worry. My surgery is 2 weeks from today and I think I am just not my usual self. I haven't been eating right and have gone up a few lbs. I need to get my head back in the game. I am hoping for a better week this week. Hope you are all well. xxx
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin I love your new pic. Hang in there you can do this. I think a bunch of us are struggling right now. I know I am. I am trying to find my motivation.

Goals for today:
    Stay green :)
    15000 steps
    80 ounces of water
    finish squats
    gym time
    make dinner
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy, hang in there! Every time a Hogwarts term ends, I set myself the challenge of beginning the new term weighing less and healthier than the previous term. I don't always succeed, but it helps give me something to focus on.

@mari_moulin, glad to hear from you again. Sounds like you have a lot going on IRL, and we all understand that. I know it's easier said than done, but trying to figure out how to dial back the stress will be so much better for your in the longe run. If you can make any small manageable changes between now and surgery, go for it. If there are things that you cannot change, try to let them go. Fighting against the inevitable and focussing on the negative take a lot of energy that could be better spent elsewhere. Hang in there!

@danelutza19, I absolutely agree--happiness is super important, and there's no reason it can't be achieved all the time. Okay, practically, it's probably not going to happen every *moment*, but it definitely shouldn't be a mythical end goal. We should always be doing things that make us happy, and sometimes that means sacrificing short-term gratification for longer-term results, but usually, we should be able to derive happiness from what we're currently doing.

@Kenda2427, that's so awesome about your first garden! Sounds like you had lots of fun, and I think the experience will be beneficial whether you end up with lots of edibles are not. Enjoy yourself!

@MonicaA2013, glad you're able to get out and about in the summer weather. Sounds like you're working hard to achieve your goals!

@2020pinktogo, taking care of yourself as well as others is super important. It sounds like you know that and are just trying to figure out how to make it happen. Big hugs to you and your family. Hang in there!

@TerriRichardson112, glad you're getting so much done and logging no matter what happens food-wise. Figuring out what works best for measuring on the scale can definitely be a challenge! I hope the new plan works for you. I pace while waiting at the bus stop and for everyone to arrive for meetings at work. Some people look at me funny, but the regulars have basically come to accept it as one of my quirks. Whatever works, right? ;)

I was able to get out for a walk at lunch today and basically just beat the rain coming back. I'm hoping the weather will clear up for this weekend, as I'm taking Friday off and going up to a cottage with friends. Really looking forward to it!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    :sunglasses: