BulletProof Coffee ideas...

Options
AlexandraCarlyle
AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
I'm sorry, I looked through the threads, but nothing about this coffee caught my eye, so I thought I'd post this link here.

Theer are some really nice recipes in it, and I can't wait to try some of them - !

I can't believe how good this stuff tastes!

Replies

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    My Bulletproof is HWC, Kerry Gold Butter and dark chocolate Stevia (liquid drops).
    Sometimes I add a tsp of Trader Joe's cocoa, it doesn't alter the macros.....use this in reg or decaf- so yummy.
  • mtague7733
    mtague7733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like the Kerry gold in coffee too!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple with using 15 g each of coconut oil, butter and heavy whipping cream. Sometimes I add one drop of pure cinnamon essential oil.
  • heatherleeh07
    heatherleeh07 Posts: 0 Member
    Options
    2 cups coffee 2 tbsp coconut oil 2 tbsp kerry gold butter one rounded scoop of optimum nutritions french vanilla protien powder blend and let cool then add ice and blend again= protein frappe and its sooo good
  • LunaPipes
    LunaPipes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    2 cups coffee 2 tbsp coconut oil 2 tbsp kerry gold butter one rounded scoop of optimum nutritions french vanilla protien powder blend and let cool then add ice and blend again= protein frappe and its sooo good

Have to try the frappe version. I have been sticking with the hot version for now. I go 2 tbsp coconut oil and unsalted Kerry Gold as well with Ceylon Cinnamon, nutmeg and I need it sweetened, so 3 packets of Truvia right now. Looking to scale that back to 2 in the future. I have added a few tablespoons of HWP on occasion when I am feeling froggy.
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    How is your success using coconut oil instead of MCT? Bulletproof.com website says "Brain Octane is a purified form of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) derived from 100% pure coconut oil", which is more easily converted to ketones than plain coconut oil. I figured the "bulletproof" brand hype was a bit overrated, and I bought some NOW brand MCT oil. added 2 tsp MCT and 2 tbs heavy cream, because that sounds better to me than butter, and a few drops of stevia to 2c coffee on Friday. adding a little cinnamon or nutmeg sounds lovely. Also any thoughts on using cream vs butter? https://blog.bulletproof.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/
    my first experiment with this was Friday, and on that afternoon, glucose levels tested at 84! Today was a very low carb day, but no bulletproof coffee, and lowest glucose level today is 118. I think I need to do some extended tests with this bulletproof stuff!!