Intro :)

Options
JustRenea
JustRenea Posts: 82 Member
Hello my names Darcy and I just had my primary appointment for gastric bypass surgery. Got a list of what I need to start cutting from my diet and what vitamins I need to add today. It'll be a 6-8 month process until I have the surgery but support with the diet and support throughout will be great. Also just wanted to know others stories :). Oh a bit about me- I'm 23, finished college to be a social studies teacher but am currently working as a pharmacy technician , just under 300 pounds (weighed in at 299.9 today). Guess that's about it :)

Replies

• Rebecca_1492
    Rebecca_1492 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Darcy, Will your insurance require you to lose weight prior to the surgery? I just had surgery (RNY) in November and it was one of the best decisions I have made.
  • bhdon
    bhdon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Darcy, I'm just getting started at this too, except I turn 64 this month and weigh 230. I have my first meeting with the surgeon on July 6th. I'll have to be self-pay, as my insurance doesn't cover the surgery. The upside is, I may have a little shorter road to travel to get to the surgery itself. If you'd like to send a friend request, I'd be glad to connect. I too, am looking for support. Becky