Breast cancer redo

Options
bethinela
bethinela Posts: 9 Member
I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer 7/16, had a lumpectomy and am now on anastrozole which has basically slammed me into menopause at age 48. My metabolism is nill. I weigh 200 lbs at 5'8". I have no energy and a stressful job. I need to lose 40 lbs and I have a giant sweet tooth. I hate eggs for breakfast. I can't run or jump very much (boob hurts) and I have sciatica. There are many reasons to get discouraged but I am trying to remember I've been given a 2nd chance and a wake up call. I am looking for help with motivation. I hate logging my food and fitting in exercise. But I also hate size 16 pants.

Replies

• calyspencer
    calyspencer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Bethinela,
    I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer end of Jan 2016. I just posted my story, if you will, on my page. To be brief, I had a double mastectomy 3/2016. I started on trelstar & tamoxifen in June. Reconstruction in July. I am still on trelstar but onc switched me to Exemestane in late Nov 2016- because it's supposed to be more effective. Gained 15 lbs in the month after starting Exemestane. Now my BP is high so now I have to take BP meds. I am 45 and had weight to lose before- it's so frustrating. I too, am thankful to be alive (My Mom died from Breast Cancer when I was 20 yrs old). I also want to feel well (& feel comfortable with how I look). I read a couple of the posts on this group and they sounded just like me! Members of this group, please add me as a friend. Let's get healthy together!
  • Rosannep1
    Rosannep1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a second time breast cancer survivor. First time I was diagnosed two years ago at stage 1. I had a lumpectomy and was put on tamoxifen. Well unfortunately the tamoxifen did not work for me and I had a second breast cancer just diagnosed this past October at stage 2. Thankfully both were caught early and were treatable. I had a double mastectomy October 2016, and completed four rounds of chemo. I am now taking zoladex to shut down my ovaries and anastrozole for post menopause. I am 47 years old and both of my cancers were estrogen positive. I scored high on the recurrence test so I'm doing everything I can to keep this from coming back. I need to lose about 40 pounds and I know a good diet and regular exercise is very important for me right now. I am scheduled for my reconstructive surgery May 1st and I am so excited to get rid of these expanders. I also have lower back issues and this medication has made it worse. I feel like I'm 90 years old at times. I can deal with the hot flashes and stuff but joint and muscle pain sucks.

I am positive person and love to help others going through the same thing.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend since we are all on this journey together!
  • jnewfromthelou326
    jnewfromthelou326 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, ladies, I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, hormone positive. I just turned 44! I'm in the early stages of my diagnosis and will receive my treatment plan this Wednesday. I do know that one of my lymph nodes tested positive, so my surgeon would like me to do 5-6 months of chemo first followed by surgery. It's overwhelming to say the least! I started my exercise regimen in February (right before diagnosis) and have lost 12 pounds since then through really hard work, so it's daunting to think I'll lose all that progress. I mean, cancer seems to be so selfish! (insert joke attempt here, lol) I'm trying to stay positive and would love all the support I can get!
  • abracew
    abracew Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am one year out from finishing treatments (stage 3 estrogen positive breast cancer with affected nodes) I went trough chemo, lumpectomy and lymph node removal, and radiation. I'm now on tamoxifen and lupron. It is inspiring to hear the weight loss stories, because I have a long way to go! My oncologist is really riding me hard to lose weight. Healthier eating is not too hard, but trying to exercise when everything aches and is stiff is no easy matter! I too feel like a 90 year old most days, and some weeks the fatigue defeats me. Step by step we will all hopefully get back to feeling normal, strong, and healthy! Those currently going through treatment- a positive mental attitude goes a long way! Don't let the treatment beat you!