Committed to losing 25 lbs by Aug? Friend Me!

Options
ppadgett62
ppadgett62 Posts: 9 Member
I'm looking for sleevers who would like to join me in dropping weight this summer. I'm a school counselor and have time to get focused on myself and YOU! I've reviewed my sleeve "bible" and reviewed my NUT's recommendations. I've inserted all the macronutrients in MFP that she recommended for faster weight loss and am all set up.

Let's do this summertime weight loss together B)

Here's a little about me: I had WLS last November and have lost 35 lbs and would like to lose 75 lbs before my 1 year surgiversary. I work with 2 ladies that have lost over 100 lbs their first year and even though my NUT tells me that since I had a band to sleeve revision and will lose slower, I don't buy it. I can do better! If you feel the same, join me and let's do it together! HW:265 with lapband; SW: 218; CW 182

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Goals are great but I've always been weary of weight goals connected to time or comparisons.

In a few years you're not going to care nor know how quickly you lost. I dont.
  • ppadgett62
    Options
    That's true but for me to motivate myself, I need goals. Even my NUT sets goals for me. I do the best I can to meet them and if I don't, I dont worry about it either--way too old for that nonsense.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I think motivation is great, but we have to be realistic as well. If even your NUT says your loss will be slower, pay attention to that. If you set unrealistic goals you can set yourself up for failure or worse, you can possibly do physical harm to yourself. I think your enthusiasm is great, but the main thing is to follow the instructions of your surgeon and his team and stick to their plan to be the healthiest you can be!
  • ppadgett62
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback. The problem has been that I have not been following the food plan and that's why, I think, I have not lost like I would have if I really had been. My NUT thought I was followings the plan so that's why she was ok with my loss. I'm just trying to get focused and do what I'm really supposed to be doing and just see what happens. My first WLS was 7 years ago and I lost 100 lbs over 3 years. I learned that there are ups and downs for sure--slow wins the race! I just want to do my best while I'm off from work and see what happens.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @ppadgett62 How did you do over Summer with the weight goals?